Cambodian found hanged with hands bound in Phuket

rooster59

Cambodian found hanged with hands bound in Phuket

By Coconuts Bangkok

cambodian_hanged.jpg

PHUKET: A Cambodian man was found hanged with his hands tied together in a Phuket jungle Wednesday afternoon. Police have yet to confirm whether the case is a murder or suicide.

Phuket City Police responded to a call from a Thai monk, Phra Kru Pitak Samanakij, who said a body had been found hanging in a jungle by the Pitak Samanakij Buddhist retreat.

The deceased was later identified as “Wit,” a 27-year-old man from Cambodia. He was found hanged with his hands bound together. There were traces of blood on one of his ankles.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/20/cambodian-found-hanged-hands-bound-phuket

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-20

If the hands are bound together in front, it's possible to slip a noose over your head.

Some people do this to make sure they can't free themselves whilst having second thoughts

Not so easy if they were bound behind, which would rule suicide out in most people's eyes, not necessarily the BIB though. wink.png

Suicide hanging himself with his hands bound together? Seriously?

In Thailand this is the standard presumption for anyone hanged...hands tied behind their back or not.

Remember the falang found hanging in Koh Tao with his hands behind his back. That one was determined to be suicide. Police just do not like to put much effort into solving possible homicides especially when they can get away with classifying it as suicide. No one, in my 6 years of living here, has ever been found to have been pushed off a building. They have all been suicides.

I will grant one possibility that people tie their hands so they can't stop their own hanging. For me, I would want to look very closely at how the hands were tied and which direction the knot was facing. Also, getting the hands behind your back and hanging yourself would have to involve some kind of furniture that would allow you to do those contortions.

Edited by oneday

Suicide hanging himself with his hands bound together? Seriously?

In Thailand this is the standard presumption for anyone hanged...hands tied behind their back or not.

Remember the falang found hanging in Koh Tao with his hands behind his back. That one was determined to be suicide. Police just do not like to put much effort into solving possible homicides especially when they can get away with classifying it as suicide. No one, in my 6 years of living here, has ever been found to have been pushed off a building. They have all been suicides.

I will grant one possibility that people tie their hands so they can't stop their own hanging. For me, I would want to look very closely at how the hands were tied and which direction the knot was facing. Also, getting the hands behind your back and hanging yourself would have to involve some kind of furniture that would allow you to do those contortions.

Fair point.

I can't remember one either. Even the case where the young lady fell, having been discovered in a room with a married man by his pregnant wife. Despite witnesses stating they heard ferocious arguing, despite the evidence she'd been clinging on literally by her finger tips for dear life. Woosh - obviously an accident or she jumped out of shame.

There was a guy tied his hands behind his back and tied a plastic bag over his head - very clever suicide.

Etc, etc etc.

The BiB aren't interested, especially if it's a farang unless there's money in it for them.