Adjusting Sunglasses

james.d

Hello All,

I purchased some sunglasses for my wife in the US (she was not with me to try them on) and they are a little too loose for her. We have tried several optical stores locally here in Ramintra area including TOPS Chareon asking if they can make them tighter but the store staff they are not allowed incase they break them which I understand.

We are going downtown BKK today and I would be grateful if anyone has found a shop which would adjust them correctly.

P.S: she does not want to attach the string/strap to the legs.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

James.d

Edited by james.d

If you are familiar with the Phratunam area (Pantip Plaza), there are several small non-chain optical shops on Petchabury Rd., the side opposite Pantip, several blocks closer to Ratchathewi. I've used Pai Bun optical several times for repairs and adjustments but these were standard glasses.

Always get a price quote from these shops before agreeing to any work being done.

If it was arm adjustment, its quite easy with a hairdryer to gently warm etc. Too wide is entirely different.

I would only suggest keep trying different shops,

moving this topic to that local area forum for localised knowledge, Bangkok forum.