Suspected drink driving leaves smashed car at Phuket roadside

webfact

Suspected drink driving leaves smashed car at Phuket roadside
Eakkapop Thongtub

1448253171_1-org.jpg
Although the driver of the vehicle left it at the roadside, they will face no charges as nothing other than the car was damaged.

PHUKET: -- Police are today (Nov 23) continuing to look for a suspected drink driver who crashed his car into an electricity pylon in Thalang last night (Nov 22) and fled leaving his vehicle behind.

Pol Cpt Nattaya Supanpong reported that a smashed vehicle had been left on the side of Sai Khao Lan – Bang Jo Rd, about 700 metres from the Samya intersection in Srisoonthorn. The owner of the vehicle, was no where to be found.

Cpt Nattaya said,“The vehicle was a white Toyota with a Phuket registered number plate. The front-left of the car was badly damaged. The airbag had been deployed and there were traces of blood inside the car.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/suspected-drink-driving-leaves-smashed-car-at-phuket-roadside-55084.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-23

If they wanted to get the driver for DD they should have followed up with a home visit. To describe him as a suspected drink driver without evidence is just wrong.

Blood found in the car could mean he went for treatment not "fled"

(Of course Occam's Razor could apply)

Who knows what his/her condition was but assumptions, like always, can run wild but no charges. Give me a break, leaving the scene of an accident and at least negligent driving are two that I can think of. Oh gee, I forgot where I was for a while, silly me.

Well if he was a drunk driver, we can be thankful no other people were involved in the collision and the driver was sufficiently injured to learn a lesson.

Continuing to look for the driver sounds like they might have yet to lean forward, move the food and drink, and make a call to the local vehicle registration centre, but hey, one of them will think of it soon.