International Fireworks Display this weekend.

toenail

I was sitting on the balcony/food hall at Royal Garden.

Went there for the convenience as we have a 3 week old baby.

OK, that explains why you weren't impressed with the show. You were watching as side view from quite a distance. The main stage was at the intersection of Pattaya Klang and Beach Road, so you had to be close to that point to see the show as it was intended to be seen. A large percentage of the showtime involved fountains and other assorted low altitude fireworks, which wouldn't have been very impressive from a distance.

On both sides of the main stage and in front of it they had seating areas cordoned off from the rest of the beach. The seats cost 250 baht. It came with 2 free Heinekens per seat, so not a bad deal for a beer drinker. I really liked it because, due to poor ticket sales, it was relatively quiet without the dense crowds (of drunk idiots) to bother us and we had a perfect view right in front of the barge. It was money well spent. They even had security guys checking your bags going in. You might want to give it a try tonight. If I go again tonight, I'll shell out for tickets again.

If the wife is happy to stay home and babysit, I will try making it down there.

Could be hard to find parking for the car there to take baby n wife.

Thanks for the advice.

You could park at Central Mall and walk down from there.

I saw the display from my balcony and I thought the barrage, variety, and kind of fireworks were awesome. Not only do you have the huge mix of colors or the huge star-fish that seems to cover the whole sky when it slowly falls, but an assortment of novelty ones are set off such as (my made up names here:) hearts, UFOs, happy face, showers of glitter and such. Of course the New Year fireworks display at Sydney or off the Burg Kalifa skyscraper in Dubai on New Years eve may be more breath taking, but this still beyond the norm. Nice for families to relax on the beach (for free) and watch the display of colors reflect on Pattaya Bay.

I saw the display from my balcony and I thought the barrage, variety, and kind of fireworks were awesome. Not only do you have the huge mix of colors or the huge star-fish that seems to cover the whole sky when it slowly falls, but an assortment of novelty ones are set off such as (my made up names here:) hearts, UFOs, happy face, showers of glitter and such. Of course the New Year fireworks display at Sydney or off the Burg Kalifa skyscraper in Dubai on New Years eve may be more breath taking, but this still beyond the norm. Nice for families to relax on the beach (for free) and watch the display of colors reflect on Pattaya Bay.

New Year's Eve displays are usually about 10 minutes in duration. Here it was 4 x 10 minutes, with a break in between to catch your breath.biggrin.png

I am in Jomtien soi 9 and figured I would see at least something from my balcony, but I saw completely nothing lol, I did hear a bit of firework going of, boom boom, but literally zero visual.

Maybe tonight, maybe not, been there for few years in a row already so it's not like I miss that much.

I liked when the fireworks were set off from the top of Pratamnuk hill.

These displays are choreographed to music and designed to be watched from a specific point on the beach directly in front of the barges. It's a Festival with concert and DJ until midnight.

http://www.pattayastreetcams.com/beach-road/

Nice now..biggrin.png

people turn off adblock on that website of this camera
Really nice view from that apartment on Pattaya.. There would fit at least good fullHD camera or 4k in 24/7 online streaming .. but they are still expensive and gopro 4 can not be used as an online/hack because of overheating..
Pity that there is still the problem of fast and cheap Internet in Thailand. Especially in condominium and apartment building. and internet links with upload of at least 100 mb/s to abroad..
Edited by Bear78

http://www.pattayastreetcams.com/beach-road/

Nice now..biggrin.png

people turn off adblock on that website of this camera
Really nice view from that apartment on Pattaya.. There would fit at least good fullHD camera or 4k in 24/7 online streaming .. but they are still expensive and gopro 4 can not be used as an online/hack because of overheating..
Pity that there is still the problem of fast and cheap Internet in Thailand. Especially in condominium and apartment building. and internet links with upload of at least 100 mb/s to abroad..

"fast and cheap Internet in Thailand". LOL. Just spend more money - it is available.

A bonus I witnessed beyond closing (most of) Beach Road to traffic, was the removal of most of the fleets of bikes for rent outside bars on Second to make more free parking available. I reckon they should persist with that prohibition and any business owner that sticks a barstool or other obstruction outside his shop where cars can legitimately park should be fined. I did notice a red-plate Fortuner wheel clamped in the bus stop just up from the TQ on Beach after Friday night. But the party is over for this weekend so the rental bikes and vendors selling sh!te will be back in their usual locations.