OrBorTor boss not worried by beach businesses' 10mn-baht lawsuit

webfact

OrBorTor boss not worried by beach businesses' 10mn-baht lawsuit
Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg
Cherng Talay OrBorTor President Ma-ann Samran said he is not worried about the sentence to be handed down on December 2. Photo: Chutharat Plerin

PHUKET: -- The controversial president of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organization (OrBorTor) yesterday shrugged off a 10-million-baht lawsuit filed against him for alleged dereliction of duty.

“The owners of two establishments, named Beach Bar and Paul Restaurant, located on Laypang Beach are claiming that I ruined their businesses,” OrBorTor President Ma-ann Samran told the Phuket Gazette.

The two restaurants were on a list of businesses that were allegedly encroaching on public beaches in the Cherng Talay area. These charges were levied following an order from the National Council for Peace and Order to demolish all illegal beach businesses on the island.

The Navy, in conjunction with local officers, has demolished dozens of bars, clubs and restaurants that were encroaching on public land in the area, explained Mr Ma-ann. These two restaurants were not demolished, but were forced to close their doors for a number of months.

“These places are still standing. Additionally, vendors have already started to move back onto the sands,” Mr Ma-ann said. “I’ve strictly followed orders. I have nothing to worry about. I’ll see them in court.”

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/OrBorTor-boss-not-worried-beach-businesses-10mnbaht/62451?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-11-26

Interesting the Phuketwan has filed quite a dramatic rebuke to this issue - as in this so called Mayor has ordered water and power turned off now and wreckers to demolish. I paraphrase as we are not allowed to quote Phuketwan.

This official is clearly speaking out of both sides of his mouth, and if he could find another mouth (like his arse) he is also speaking another side out of that orifice.