Leicester City FC

jellydog

1 hour ago, champers said:

A good return over Xmas and New Year, 9 points out of 12, but beating City and Chelsea then losing at home to Cardiff is just bizzare.

I watched the cup tie at Newport yesterday and what a cracking game it was. Newport won 2-1 and that result alone may see Puel being shown the door.

Very well timed post ???? 

I think in the grand scheme of things 7th is about par for Leicester isn't it? Top 6 would definately punching above their weight.

But yeah I am sure that they would like a Cup run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Leicester step up hunt for Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers following the sacking of Claude Puel

It is believed the 46-year-old would cost at least £5million in compensation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6744343/Leicester-step-hunt-Celtic-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-following-sacking-Claude-Puel.html 

Replacing The sacked Puel with Rodgers give no guarantee of success, being the manager of Glasgow Celtic is an honour that very few people historically would walk away from however the issue is a) attracting good quality players to Scotland and b) by consequence being effective in Europe which is now a money competition, moving to the premier league is a no brainer so best of luck Brendan......you are going to need it at Leicester who not long ago were favourites for relegation, moving south might get you more sun but will definitely get you less victories.

Rodgers may be a candidate for the Chelsea job when that comes vacant. Leicester may feel they need to move quickly before anyone else tries to hire him.

Other possibilities mentioned include Moyes (by him), Lennon, Mourinho, Appleton and Henry. 

Edited by champers

Makes a mockery of the SPL. Leave the country's top club in the middle of a title race for a mid table battle at Leicester

Former Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and Celtic defender Kolo Toure also joins Leicester as a first-team coach, having worked as a member of Rodgers' backroom staff at Celtic.

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You can only assume that Leicester in the Premier with no european football hopes is more attractive than Celtic in the one-team Scottish Premier with European football. The pulling power of the Premier.

I guess the next question is, who will the next Celtic boss?

Brendan Rodgers watches Leicester get back to winning ways after taking over on £5.5m-a-year deal until 2022 as he leaves Celtic

There would be no way Celtic were paying him that much

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6746703/Leicester-confirm-Brendan-Rodgers-new-manager-leaves-Celtic-return-Premier-League.html

• 3 months later...

I reckon top 6 for the lads this coming season 19/20. Everton too will do well also (5/6/7th). Time for a club, or two, to break the monopoly. Villa could also be a surprise package. But my dosh is on Leicester.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I reckon top 6 for the lads this coming season 19/20. Everton too will do well also (5/6/7th). Time for a club, or two, to break the monopoly. Villa could also be a surprise package. But my dosh is on Leicester.

????

FB_IMG_1561091921873.jpg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

????

FB_IMG_1561091921873.jpg

I'm not yet ready to predict the whole table. That will come in the last week of the close season. Last year I got the top four in the correct order and two of the relegated clubs.

Since WW2 there have been very few 'shock' seasons. Ipswich in the early sixties when they won the title in their first season after promotion. QPR and Watford gave the big boys a run for their money and Villa winning the League and the Euro the following year. Leicester, was, by most people's reckoning the #1 surprise in the modern era.

I think they could finish above any of the teams except City and 'pool. Too early to say more at this stage.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Leicester will be much improved after Harry Maguire jogs off. The most overrated player in the Prem. Looks like City will be getting him to replace Kompany. Trading a Rolls Royce for a Lada.

Couldn't agree more mate. I'm not happy about us going for Maguire (especially for that money). However, Pep must be seeing something I'm not, so I guess we'll have to trust his knowledge

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I'm not yet ready to predict the whole table. That will come in the last week of the close season. Last year I got the top four in the correct order and two of the relegated clubs.

Since WW2 there have been very few 'shock' seasons. Ipswich in the early sixties when they won the title in their first season after promotion. QPR and Watford gave the big boys a run for their money and Villa winning the League and the Euro the following year. Leicester, was, by most people's reckoning the #1 surprise in the modern era.

I think they could finish above any of the teams except City and 'pool. Too early to say more at this stage.

Sorry OSA. It was just a joke post which I saw on Facebook. The original one Ronnie (not the one replaced with West Ham not even in the correct font) ????

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Couldn't agree more mate. I'm not happy about us going for Maguire (especially for that money). However, Pep must be seeing something I'm not, so I guess we'll have to trust his knowledge

Best thing Pep could do is let United have him. I would have bought Alderwierald from Spurs. He has 3 or 4 years left in him.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Best thing Pep could do is let United have him. I would have bought Alderwierald from Spurs. He has 3 or 4 years left in him.

Completely agree! Here's hoping the Maguire deal gets queered somehow.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...