Fatal road accident ,Advise required

ozzydom

My sincerest condolences to you and your wife.

I was in a similiar situation a year ago in which a person was fatally injured in a road accident. Although I found, and still find, it disgusting that the police expect to be paid extra to do their jobs, I can only advise you/your wife at this point in time to pay the p*gs and keep the process rolling. Failure to do so could cause serious delays, additional paperwork, more visits to the police station, etc., etc.

Your wife doesn't need the extra aggrovation right now. I know it's more about the principle, but at the end of the day you and your wife don't really need this issue with the police/insurance company to drag on and on...

My advice is to pay the requested sum, make it clear to them that there are no more payments and you expect the paperwork to pe perfect.

Good luck and remember to always remain cool and calm when dealing with them.

Keep your emotions under control at all times.

I totally disagree with your advise, there is absolutely no need to allow this type of corruption to continue. There are so many posting on here complaining about the errant actions of the poice, whilst the poster is seeking advise to prevent such a situation arising. So your advise, continue on with it and condone the attempted extortion by the BIB. If the people start taking a stand, and let the coppers see that the tide is turning, then slowly but surely, it will be brought to a level where it highlighted throughout the nation and overtime, it will be reduced dramatically. Yes, there is a principle here and it sure ain't what you're suggesting. Yes and make it clear that there will not be and never be any payments forthcoming. All of this of course will be handled by the insurer so it leaves the poster and his wife out of the link.

Yes, it will take time but unless the people stand up, it will never go away. And, of course, corruption will never be erradicated, not as long as there is a quick buck to be made, but hopefully, it will not be as rampant as it currently is. As for dragging it on, the insurance company will see to it that it does not as it isn't in their interest to allow this to happen. Proof of this is how my wife, backed by her insurer, stood up to the BIB and even though they insisted she attend the police station on 4 occasions, in the end, the police and the family, both of whom were trying to extort funds, were put in their place and neither of them received anyting, except a B2000 contribution toward the deceased's funeral.

The OP asked for our advice, not for your opinion on other member's advice.

I provided it earlier but I, like you, have an opinion and if you provide something that coud mislead someone, then I will express that opinion, whether you like it or not.