Why do so many drivers here seem so inconsiderate and lacking in etiquette?

OP question could also be asked of some of the posters on this forum. I swear I have not read so many posts from teenage girls in my life.

Facts are facts.

One could also say - is the Glass half Full, or Half Empty? This is also a fact.

Edited by canthai55

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Coming along Sukhumvit (Pattaya) yesterday in virtually bumper to bumper, very slow moving traffic, I used my indicator to move over to the inside lane once I saw a gap, the cars in that lane just sped up and closed the gap so I couldn't change lanes. It happened several times (and on many previous occasions) where cars just refused to let me in. Same as blocking an intersection preventing all traffic moving when lights change, it's just pure selfish ignorance, and at times it's just sadistic.

In reality, it is people getting fed up with those pushy people who overtake by changing always to the lane with traffic faster moving.

Coming along Sukhumvit (Pattaya) yesterday in virtually bumper to bumper, very slow moving traffic, I used my indicator to move over to the inside lane once I saw a gap, the cars in that lane just sped up and closed the gap so I couldn't change lanes. It happened several times (and on many previous occasions) where cars just refused to let me in. Same as blocking an intersection preventing all traffic moving when lights change, it's just pure selfish ignorance, and at times it's just sadistic.

In reality, it is people getting fed up with those pushy people who overtake by changing always to the lane with traffic faster moving.

perhaps he was moving to inside left lane to turn left instead of trying to turn left from a middle lane that is sometimes done.

perhaps he was moving to inside left lane to turn left instead of trying to turn left from a middle lane that is sometimes done.

Sometimes you just get stuck in an outside lane and need to merge left, like at roadworks where three lanes merge into one.

Your reality is different from mine. You might spend your life driving in one lane, but the rest of us sometimes have the need to merge to the inside to make a left turn or to the outside to turn right. Nothing to do with picking the fastest lane, I'm never in that much of a hurry to get anywhere. It's the Thais that are so impatient that they form 4 lanes to turn right when there's only two, blocking intersections and pushing in.

Your reality is different from mine. You might spend your life driving in one lane, but the rest of us sometimes have the need to merge to the inside to make a left turn or to the outside to turn right. Nothing to do with picking the fastest lane, I'm never in that much of a hurry to get anywhere. It's the Thais that are so impatient that they form 4 lanes to turn right when there's only two, blocking intersections and pushing in.

Exactly that's the reality. How to see if someone just wants to merge or is constantly switching lanes? Not possible. Block them all.

Sometimes I team up with the car in front and back to not let anybody cheat their way in.

Exactly that's the reality. How to see if someone just wants to merge or is constantly switching lanes? Not possible. Block them all.

Sometimes I team up with the car in front and back to not let anybody cheat their way in.

Then you're just as DELETED as the drivers I'm talking about, and you obviously don't read the post, you're too intent on flaming. I never mentioned constantly changing lanes. Are you telling me you never need to change lanes?

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

Then you're just as DELETED as the drivers I'm talking about, and you obviously don't read the post, you're too intent on flaming. I never mentioned constantly changing lanes. Are you telling me you never need to change lanes?

It does not matter what you are doing when the majority sees the lane changing as cheating. Why you first, not me? After so many hundred thousands of kilometers in Thailand, I never encountered a problem while turning into another street.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

It does not matter what you are doing when the majority sees the lane changing as cheating. Why you first, not me? After so many hundred thousands of kilometers in Thailand, I never encountered a problem while turning into another street.

So we spend our lives driving in one lane, never able to change because it's "cheating"? DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

I have a problem with ignorant people and you explained nothing. You just said that you close the gaps and refuse to let anyone in, the same as the other idiots on the road. Have you never seen those big signs where there is roadwork MERGE, what do you think that means?

It does not matter what you are doing when the majority sees the lane changing as cheating.

I have a problem with ignorant people and you explained nothing. You just said that you close the gaps and refuse to let anyone in, the same as the other idiots on the road. Have you never seen those big signs where there is roadwork MERGE, what do you think that means?

It does not matter what you are doing when the majority sees the lane changing as cheating.

I know what I see you as. End of discussion.

I know what I see you as. End of discussion.

I have a nice dashcam collection of car crashes, tailgaiters and arrogant cheaters. You might find yourself there. thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...