The FA Cup 2015

Chicog

Arsenal going for a hat trick but....

Sunderland’s FA Cup third round tie at Arsenal has not been selected for live TV coverage – and has been confirmed as a 3pm kick-off on Saturday, January 9.

The sides met at the Emirates Stadium only last week, with Sam Allardyce’s Black Cats pushing the Gunners hard before succumbing to a 3-1 Premier League defeat.

The cup tie in London kicks off a testing week for Sunderland, who are scheduled to visit Swansea in the Premier League on Tuesday, January 12 and then head to Tottenham the following Saturday.

Liverpool’s FA Cup tie at Exeter will kick off third round weekend, having been selected for live TV coverage by BBC for Friday, January 8.

Two ties will be screened by BT on the Saturday – Aston Villa’s trip to Wycombe Wanderers (12.45pm) and Manchester United’s home tie with League One side Sheffield United (5.30pm).

Two further games are on TV on Sunday, January 10, with Chelsea at home to either Leyton Orient or Scunthorpe United (2pm, BT) and Tottenham entertaining current Premier League leaders Leicester (4pm, BBC).

Seems you're a bit behind the times, Chicog.

BT have chosen Man Utd v Sheff Utd and Chelsea's home game against one or other lower league side. BBC have Exeter v Liverpool, 8 o'clock British time. Also Spurs v Leicester. Not an enormous amount of imagination in these choices. I thought Eastleigh V Bolton might have been picked. I don't recall Bolton ever being beaten by a non-league side, but there is a first time for everything. Never mind the romance of the cup, just count the money coming in from advertisers.

• 4 weeks later...

Out of interest who has the coverage rights here in Thailand.

Thai TV CH7. Schedules online and games Live on Bugaboo(?) TV online.

As far as I can figure out.

Liverpool game on Friday/sat morning

Wycombe v villa

Doncaster stoke

Arsenal sunderland

Easleigh bolton

And Sundayd chelsea spurs game are being shown, but how they show so many at the same time is a mystery. CH 7 has a few satellite channels but not that many!

From the online schedules it seems the following matches will be shown (Thai times)

Thai TV CHANNEL 7

Saturday
02:40 Exeter v Liverpool (live)
Sunday
00:25 Man U v Sheffield U (live)
02:30 Arsenal v Sunderland (delayed)
22:45 Tottenham v Leicester (live)
Monday
01:00 Chelsea v Scunthorpe (delayed)

BUGABOO internet channel (all live)

Saturday
02:40 Exeter v Liverpool
19:45 Wycombe v Aston Villa
22:00 Doncaster v Stoke
22:00 Arsenal v Sunderland
22:00 Eastleigh v Bolton
Sunday
00:25 Man U v Sheffield U
21:00 Chelsea v Scunthorpe
22:45 Tottenham v Leicester

Ties will be played between 29 January and 1 February.

FA Cup fourth-round draw

Arsenal v Burnley

Bury/Bradford City v Hull City

Carlisle/Yeovil v Everton

Colchester v Tottenham/Leicester

Crystal Palace v Stoke City

Derby v Manchester United

Eastleigh/Bolton v Leeds United

Exeter City/Liverpool v West Ham

Huddersfield/Reading v Walsall

Ipswich/Portsmouth v Bournemouth

Northampton/MK Dons v Chelsea

Nottingham Forest v Watford

Oxford United v Newport County/Blackburn

Shrewsbury v Sheffield Wednesday

West Bromwich/Bristol City v Peterborough

Wycombe/Aston Villa v Manchester City

• 3 weeks later...

Full fifth-round draw

Chelsea v Manchester City

Reading v West Brom/Peterborough

Watford v Leeds

Shrewsbury v Manchester United

Blackburn v Liverpool/West Ham

Tottenham v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Hull City

Bournemouth v Everton

Ties to be played February 19-22.

Have to say that Arsenal live a charmed life through their cup-tie fixtures in recent years. Yet another home-tie against inferior opposition (on paper of course - it's still the FA Cup!).

Looks like a strong possibility that he quarter-finals will be an all Prem affair (though Reading have a realistic chance of nixing that - LVG couldn't bog-up Shrewsbury could he?).

Wonder how long it has been since all-Prem quarters have happened.

having seen most of the big boys and the small ones including m.u. its spurs for me to win the cup.

i already got a monkey on the gunners for the league at [11-2] the what price spurs.

I'm not a betting man anyway, but the Prem title would be the last thing I would bet on. Too dependent on random injuries.

Good bet (those odds must have been months ago?) if we can keep all the currently fit/available midfielders and forwards plus Cech and Koscielny fit.

having seen most of the big boys and the small ones including m.u. its spurs for me to win the cup.

i already got a monkey on the gunners for the league at [11-2] the what price spurs.

I'm not a betting man anyway, but the Prem title would be the last thing I would bet on. Too dependent on random injuries.

Good bet (those odds must have been months ago?) if we can keep all the currently fit/available midfielders and forwards plus Cech and Koscielny fit.

Nice easy tie for Man City!

Yeah, could have done with an easier tie TBH, or at least an home tie. A lot of travelling and fixture congestion around that time with the CL etc. Certainly don't need a replay adding to the list.

Wishful thinking on your part Mrb. You've got to come to our place first!

Nice easy tie for Man City!

Yeah, could have done with an easier tie TBH, or at least an home tie. A lot of travelling and fixture congestion around that time with the CL etc. Certainly don't need a replay adding to the list.

Wishful thinking on your part Mrb. You've got to come to our place first!

Just saying i would have preffered an home tie but now i want it to be over on that day......either way. Dont need more fixtures at this point