Viewing Thai Language

bluedragon

Hi, I can copy thai language off the net and paste it into an email, but I cannot view thai if my GF sends me an email from her computer. I looked in the language section for Thai and don't see it. Do I need to download an language pack or What?? Keep it simple Regards, BD

What operating system are you using ?

totster :o

Totster, I am using Win XP.. Regards, BD

do the Thai fonts work in other programs like Word..?

If not, then on XP you can add Thai from the control panel

control panel>>date, time, language and regional options>>add other languages

totster :D

Hi, I can display thai characters on web pages and can copy them to word, but if some one sends me thai text in hotmail, they look like this. àÁ×ͧ Cafayate ÁÕ¤ÇÒÁâ´´à´è¹ÍÂÙè·Õè¨Ñµ.

I went to the control panel but thai is not one of the languages listed, I have it listed on my home computer, but cant view thai emails there either.

I use hotmail. Regards, BD

Hi, I can display thai characters on web pages and can copy them to word, but if some one sends me thai text in hotmail, they look like this. àÁ×ͧ Cafayate ÁÕ¤ÇÒÁâ´´à´è¹ÍÂÙè·Õè¨Ñµ.

I went to the control panel but thai is not one of the languages listed, I have it listed on my home computer, but cant view thai emails there either.

Ah.. just did a test mail and the same thing happens with my hotmail account.

Can't see anyway around it, maybe now is a good time to change to gmail.

Ah.. just did a test mail and the same thing happens with my hotmail account.

Can't see anyway around it, maybe now is a good time to change to gmail.

Well, very interesting. My GF can view thai on her hotmail, and on my home computer I can change the language to Thai and type thai characters in my hotmail and msn chat. But I cannot read thai emails sent me.??? Someone is out there that has the answer. Regards, BD

In outlook express go to View>encoding (If you can’t see Thai listed) > more (screen pops up) select Thai

Use the same method for hotmail.

I don't use OUTLOOK express... thanks anyway. Regards, BD

Farma,,,, sorry. I shot before I saw that your were not holding a gun!!! I tried what you said "view, encoding etc. and it seemed to have worked..... Thanks... Regards, BD

In outlook express go to View>encoding (If you can’t see Thai listed) > more (screen pops up) select Thai

Use the same method for hotmail.

I don't use OUTLOOK express... thanks anyway. Regards, BD

Farma,,,, sorry. I shot before I saw that your were not holding a gun!!! I tried what you said "view, encoding etc. and it seemed to have worked..... Thanks... Regards, BD

Nice one Farma.. learn something new everyday.. :D