Someone suggest anything for Sleep !

Chivas

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered that you may suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome? It is quite a common problem and a very nasty one at that. I have suffered from it for many years and it worsens as you get older. Google it. Good luck and I hope it is not what is bothering you.

Pisses me off that Valium/Diazapam no longer available from Pharmacies know doubt down to the selfish 1% who abuse it. They used to work a treat as well

It is available. Just ask around in pharmacies. If you don't care about the money most private hospitals will dispense it if you say you have trouble sleeping because of anxiety.

Feel bad for you, having suffered myself.. One solution is to get rid of the sleeping pills, its tough but your getting too dependent on them. If you would like to try this Ayurvedic Medicine call Tagara which is 100% natural. If you in BKK you can find at the Indian Spice Shop on Soi 20 almost directly opposite Sarah's Indian Restaurant. It wouldn't hurt to try.

good luck

try Dormirax 25 its otc,works real good for sleep

I'll second that. Best anti histamine for getting to sleep. Readily available and cheap as chips. I actually find it works better than xanax without being illegal. Also non addictive.

thanks for all replies if you have other suggestions please add

If you are in Thailand avoid private clinics and hospitals, just go to the local hospital where the drugs are cheap. I suffer sleeping problems occasionally. The local psychriatic(spelling) hospital here in KK is where I go, the crowds of staring locals may put you off, but don't let it bother you, I explained my problem to Dr. at first he suggested anti-depressants which I refused, so he gave me Lorazepam 2mg and Clonazepam 2mg and they work perfect, virtually no side affects, the price for 2 month supply 300 baht, plus 200 consultancy cost. Now I sleep 6/7 hours unbroken unless have imbibed too much liquid.

Get out from Thailand.......or from Pattaya.... Bad vibrations make hard to sleep.

If not, try some natural way.

You probably do not breath properly.

Try 4-7-8 breathing technique, it will help you nod off in just a minute

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz4G31LGyog

The 4-7-8 breathing technique works for me, sometimes keep my eyes open, 5 minutes and I am away. good luck.

Problems sleeping, exercise more.

Almost all sleeping problems are caused by not being tired.

You're having a larf. I spend at least 2 hours every day exercising whilst in Pattaya. I have no money worries. I have no problems either.

Well, that's sorted then; go on a three week binge and have sex three or four times a day. You'll sleep like a baby.

When you exercise is just as important as the exercise itself. There is no point exercising in the morning unless you are happy to nap after lunch.

For sleep at night, exercise between 4pm and 6 pm with emphasis on raising the pulse rate to that recommended for your age group. In other words, cardio exercise.

Have the evening meal after 6.30pm, then watch TV or read a book for an hour or two. Hot lemon tea with honey works for me about 9 - 10 pm.

If you can't sleep after that because your mind is racing, I'd suggest seeing a doctor, because you could have mild depression.

Pisses me off that Valium/Diazapam no longer available from Pharmacies know doubt down to the selfish 1% who abuse it. They used to work a treat as well

It´s easy to find Valium at Pharmacies here, I have problem sleeping more then 4 hours when drinking so I tried 10 mg Valium but didn´t like the feeling in the morning so int´s not for me, but it is avilable.

About excersice I agree to that it is important when you excersice.

I work out hard 5 days/week at the gym and thoose nights I sleep like a baby, I´l go to the gym at 6.30 pm - 8 pm and then home and whatch tv a couple hours before sleep 6-8 hours.

Alcohol destoys sleeping completely for me, ok it makes me fall a sleep easy but then always wake up after a couple hours and then difficult to fall a sleep again, so no alcohol if you have sleeping problems. And NO coffe.

Edited by pbonline

Zolpidem/stilnox is best for sleep, no physical dependence, no hangover, it just puts you to sleep.

Government hospitals sell it for about 20 baht a tablet, very very difficult to get at pharmacy or clinic.If you find one it will be about 80 baht a pill.

Didn't know they had temazepam in Thailand.

Pity some postings don't come with a health warning. Chivas, don't go the valium/benzodiazepam route until you've done your homework. The occasional tablet (once or twice a week) probably will do you no harm. Problem is, many people so enjoy the relaxed feeling they get that they eventually start taking them every day - AND THAT is where the problems begin. I have personal (and very painful) experience of these problems, so I know what I'm talking about.

The occasional hydroxycine tablet can contribute to a good night's sleep. But other than that, 40 minutes on the exercise bike (not strenuous), followed by a long, slow and measured walk, followed by a glass of red wine - a good routine before bed.

I'm in Bangkok and I don't think it's otc. But it was 6 baht per pill from a private hospital, so I'm guessing it can be had much cheaper.

It's certainly over the counter in Chiang Mai, 10mg 2 baht pill and 25 mg 3 baht a pill, some pharmacies will sell you a bucket load. The only problem with amitryptyline or any other tricyclic compound is that they leave you drowsy the next day (until you get used to them) and give you a dry mouth.

No question they can help a person sleep.

Tricyclics? You can also die from eating cheese or some other foods while taking tricyclics.

I'm in Bangkok and I don't think it's otc. But it was 6 baht per pill from a private hospital, so I'm guessing it can be had much cheaper.

It's certainly over the counter in Chiang Mai, 10mg 2 baht pill and 25 mg 3 baht a pill, some pharmacies will sell you a bucket load. The only problem with amitryptyline or any other tricyclic compound is that they leave you drowsy the next day (until you get used to them) and give you a dry mouth.

No question they can help a person sleep.

I take a antihistamine tablet because I am itchy from the motercyle accident I had and the keloid drive me crazy and sometimes my brain just won't shut down. Works good sleep like a baby.

Cheap and effective. No lasting effects when I wake up.

I don't know what your problem is , but perhaps you should see a doctor . What have you been doing with your life , not to sleep , have you been taking amphetamines or speed ,

that would keep you awake . I generally use on occasions " Valian " a herbal capsule that has Valerian powder inside . Valerian is a known relaxant and will not hurt you if you take one or two or more . It comes in plastic pack of 10 capsules and cost about BT170 . I have been unable to get it recently in my local Isaan town . I now occasional take one of my wife's " AMITRIPTYLINE 10mg "

which makes me sleep well all night . I'm still able to wake to go for a pee and fall asleep again quickly .