Entry Question

Good Day everyone,

A friend of mine was deported from Thailand (Northern Province) because of working against Thai Tourist Laws - were a foreigner isnt allowed to work as a Travel Guide.

This has happen about 3 years ago.Now, he would like to return to Thailand for Holidays as he is married to a Thai lady.

Is he , because of his trial (paid a 100'000 Baht fine) on the Black list of Thai Immigration or not, or eventually in the Immigration computer.

Thanks in advance for any answers concerning this matter.

Hpro

Good Day everyone,

A friend of mine was deported from Thailand (Northern Province) because of working against Thai Tourist Laws - were a foreigner isnt allowed to work as a Travel Guide.

This has happen about 3 years ago.Now, he would like to return to Thailand for Holidays as he is married to a Thai lady.

Is he , because of his trial (paid a 100'000 Baht fine) on the Black list of Thai Immigration or not, or eventually in the Immigration computer.

Thanks in advance for any answers concerning this matter.

Hpro

getting married to a thai or the amount of time <3 years in your friend's case> doesn't matter, once on the blacklist the individual is permenantly on there until legally removed. when he goes to get a new visa from a thai consulate then he will know.

maybe he should apply for a visa, I hope he has renewed his passport?

I am sure the consultes and embassies do a check for PNG folk before they issue a visa

Bash

They run all details rhrough the computer before issue of a visa. He would have got a big stamp in his passport if he was declared persona non grata. If he does have that stamp he needs a new passport and to apply for a visa. That'll be his acid test.

Hi there and Thank you guys,

when he was deported he got stamped - for life in the passport . he has changed the passport longtime ago. now since Swiss people as many other countries doesn't need a visa to enter Thailand, I was wondering if they do a check when someone arrives from europe or wherever, or if they only do a check on the computer if someone is suspicious.

I know that sometimes people will be checked when they leave the country but not always.

thanks again

Hpro

I would apply for a visa which anyway is required for a stay exceeding 30 days.

So, when refused it is clear that he is on the black list.

When arriving in LOS the immigration officer runs the machine readable p/port through the computer and bleep, there are the details. They as well can feed in data manually and get the response.

Sorry for our friend, but I am afraid, he is in the computer.

I would apply for a visa which anyway is required for a stay exceeding 30 days.

So, when refused it is clear that he is on the black list.

When arriving in LOS the immigration officer runs the machine readable p/port through the computer and bleep, there are the details. They as well can feed in data manually and get the response.

Sorry for our friend, but I am afraid, he is in the computer.

I agree Axel. What a pain in the butt it'd be to come all the way from Europe and get put on that airline's first flight out to anywhere. And hope that you and you luggage are reunited somewhere sometime.