When opening windows to view ThaiVisa, my computer stops, freezes, or take forever to load the page

how241

I have a newer computer, running the latest updated windows. Intel Pentium chip...I only seem to have this problem when I open several ThaiVisa windows to view the articles....The computer takes several minutes to load each page and most times I get a pop-up box about a 'script error'....or a long running script, etc -- and ask if I want to continue running this script...I have tried answering 'YES' and 'NO' but that doesn't seem to help...Here is a copy from the last script error box that popped up...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=19

Many times it freezes up so badly, that nothing else will work and I am forced to use the power button to force the computer off...then I have to restart again and will lose all the open work I had at the time of the freeze-up...Any help or suggestions would be appreciated....I have done several Google searches, concerning 'freezing windows' but none of their suggestions was any help...Thanks

Low on RAM, maybe?

I don't that it is as I have no problems having 8-10 windows open at a time with several download stuff....It only happens with ThaiVisa and almost always displays a error message of a 'long running script' ...It will do this even IF I only open one window of ThaiVisa...Of course, I could just stop viewing ThaiVisa but I don't want to do that as I enjoy this site and it has been VERY helpful to me for many years...

Low on RAM, maybe?

I don't that it is as I have no problems having 8-10 windows open at a time with several download stuff....It only happens with ThaiVisa and almost always displays a error message of a 'long running script' ...It will do this even IF I only open one window of ThaiVisa...Of course, I could just stop viewing ThaiVisa but I don't want to do that as I enjoy this site and it has been VERY helpful to me for many years...

Does it also happens when you DON'T have 8-10 Windows open and are NOT downloading stuff ?

Edited by MJCM

Low on RAM, maybe?

Does it also happens when you DON'T have 8-10 Windows open and are NOT downloading stuff ?

Yes, Only when ThaiVisa is opened..."...I only seem to have this problem when I open several ThaiVisa windows to view the articles.." ... "...It will do this even IF I only open one window of ThaiVisa."... "It only happens with ThaiVisa and almost always displays a error message of a 'long running script' ..."

Try another browser and see if it is the same

just type this into Google "long running script" many hits about this and IE

Thanks ! I have already done the Google thing and tried most of their suggestions, didn't help...seems like no one knows how to solve this problem...Strange it only seems to happen with ThaiVisa...No offense to all posters ...I appreciate your input...I work around it by limiting my ThaiVisa usage.

Thai Visa was always slow on any computer I ever used. I access it at work using IE explorer. Work has all sorts of security, blockers and who knows what else running that I don't see or know much about. On my home PC, a newer Windows 7 machine, I typically use Firefox but sometimes IE. I have no problems with Thaivisa. I don't run any particular blockers or anything like that. I use AVIRA as my always running antivirus tool. I scan with Malaware bytes now and then.

Have you tried running access through a proxy server (VPN) outside Thailand? It might help - sure does for me.

Yes works for me, now today have not got the VPN on, but yesterday was impossible to use... switched on to Singapore and everything opened 1st time..

I posted this over a year ago, then using Windows 7, still use Chrome but now Windows 10, still the same problems, but only on ThaiVisa site.. so as soon as a page will not open straight away switch on the VPN = opens instantly

Another thing it appear to do a lot is, you open a topic but cannot move to next or any other page in the topic.. again switch on the VPN and problem solved..

The only problem then is if you have a number of web pages open, many Thai website will not open via a VPN, get me confused as forever having to switch the VPN on and off I forget = blank page or timed out message.

When a website's pages load normally with VPN but very slowly or sometimes not at all without VPN, what logical explanation can there be for that? The problem can't be with the website's servers, it would seem to me, but where might it be?