Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what was sent to Singapore?

Nothing went to Singapore, all original DNA testing was carried out at "The Institute of Forensic Medicine: attached to the Police Hospital in Bangkok. There lab technicians and witnesses were at the trial and took the stand explaining their procedure with one even commenting on how surprisingly quickly the test results were obtained from their own lab. Unfortunately we have a couple of posters here saying the dna was tested in Singapore they obviously have not followed the trial in any detail.

Some may not have followed the case closely enough but some definitely know the stuff was never sent to Singapore. They're just trying to twist things to their own ends as always. But with this example and others they can never provide any evidence to back up their statements so instead present links that actually do not back up what they say, and yet they seem to expect us to buy it just because they say it!

Remind you of any particular organisation?.

Edited by bunglebag

The point is that a newspaper article doesn't make it evidence it happened the way the article said it did.

So you didn't see my second of two pieces from the Nation that stated that they WERE sent!!

Edited by steffi

To the overly nested post above, how about: We wuz robbed!

as attributed to fight manager Joe Jacobs (1896–1940), who uttered it on June 21, 1932, after his client, Max Schmeling, had clearly out-boxed Jack Sharkey, only to have the heavy-weight title awarded to Sharkey.

The point is that a newspaper article doesn't make it evidence it happened the way the article said it did.

So you didn't see my second of two pieces from the Nation that stated that they WERE sent!!

Not that it matters (it is all over regards the first trial) but just what would you want as proof, out of interest?

Nice try Agareth, but I'm not falling for that one!!biggrin.png

your press statement made reference to the future tense

will

I hope you know the meaning of the future tense

"Later, however, the DNA samples were sent to lab in Singapore instead. The FBI was not involved. Why not"?

Since when has WERE been in the future tense?

Yep more smoke and mirrors (as usual).

If you actually bothered to read the 'article' which you mention you would see that it is not actually a news article but a reader's letter -

So, did that reader see proof that the samples WERE sent to Singapore, or did he just assume so based on the earlier assertion from the police that the samples would be sent there (but which they never actually followed through with as it was all done in-house in the end, as mentioned in court).

But you knew all this anyway I think - just trying to misrepresent as usual, hence you not actually supplying the link.

Here it is:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Independent-third-party-must-test-Koh-Tao-DNA-30246319.html

So, we're actually still waiting for some evidence that samples WERE sent to Singapore.

Edited by bunglebag

Unbelievable the amount of rubbish being spewed here, no samples went to Singapore, they were all tested in Bangkok by the RTP. Please do your research before posting such significant information that is incorrect.

I'm afraid that he is correct - they were tested in Singapore. Apologies forthcoming from you?

From the Nation.

Semen and cigarette butts seen as key to finding who killed Britons on Koh Tao
Semen found on the body of one of the two British tourists murdered on Koh Tao in Surat Thani province last Sunday will be examined in a Singapore laboratory, national police chief General Somyot Poompanmoung said yesterday.

Somyot said the DNA test would be able to identify the race, hair colour and skin colour of the person, which would help with the police investigation.

It is understood cigarette butts found at the crime scene will also be sent to Singapore for DNA analysis, although Somyot did not mention the butts in his remarks to reporters yesterday during a visit to the island.

Prove they WERE SENT to Singapore, not some statement saying they will be sent, which was then later not followed as far as I'm aware.

The claims you guys make to back up your statements rarely fit, and it's fairly blatant. You know it and we know it.

Ok, my turn and then you again.

Where is YOUR proof that the statement is false and the the samples were not sent to Singapore, regardless of what the police chief openly announced.

You know, only written court statements allowed as proof.

We're waiting

the police claim that the dna tests when trying to match them with the accused were done in the police lab in BKK, the original samples have yet to be produced to provide the means for a retest, they offered up already processed extracted samples that are no good for the purpose of retesting and verification because the source of such already extracted dna cannot be confirmed

so stop this deflecting nonsense about Singapore, it has absolutely nothing to do with this trial and court verdict

Yesterday's lead story was about the prime suspect in a years-ago abduction/murder in southern Thailand - of a Muslim human rights lawyer. There's a lot that can be said about that miscarriage of justice, but one side issue sticks out - when compared to the KT case: In the missing lawyer case, police found evidence of phone usage among the suspects - and that evidence was crucial in pointing out the probably culprits. In the KT case, there's been no mention by anyone of phone usage after the crime. With one slight exception: it was mentioned in court that Nomsod's phone was used in Bangkok later in the day of the crime. It was a typically vague mention by typically unprofessional RTP.

Yet what of Mon's phone? the headman's phone? The headman's wife? Fast boat operators on the island? Nomsod's phone on Sunday night and Monday morning? If you look for answers from investigators, you'll come up with absolute zero. My comment: if RTP can get such data in a crime which took place years before KT crime, why couldn't they do it for the KT crime? I know the real answer (because it's part of officials' cover-up gambit), but how would shielders of the Headman's family explain it?

My rule of thumb is to believe the exact opposite of what the rtp state or assert as fact. And the nation, come to that. DNA, nah, doesn't exist because the Rtp said it matches. About time the Thai authorities put up or shut up.

Nice try Agareth, but I'm not falling for that one!!biggrin.png

will

"Later, however, the DNA samples were sent to lab in Singapore instead. The FBI was not involved. Why not"?

If you actually bothered to read the 'article' which you mention you would see that it is not actually a news article but a reader's letter -

So, did that reader see proof that the samples WERE sent to Singapore, or did he just assume so based on the earlier assertion from the police that the samples would be sent there (but which they never actually followed through with as it was all done in-house in the end, as mentioned in court).

But you knew all this anyway I think - just trying to misrepresent as usual, hence you not actually supplying the link.

Here it is:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Independent-third-party-must-test-Koh-Tao-DNA-30246319.html

So, we're actually still waiting for some evidence that samples WERE sent to Singapore.

Still waiting for YOUR proof that the police chief lied.

Why in a Thai court of law is the prosecution given the benefit of the doubt with the evidence they submit? Why are they not expected to prove it's existence beyond any reasonable doubt?

Also the Thai Visa admins should take each IP address seen from each poster and assign it a unique number. Then make available the map of poster username to number so we can see how many posters map to same IP address. Do all of this without revealing any IP address just the unique number.

Why on earth do you want to know this? What concerns you? Bemused!!

Hey there Bemused ( Nice name) I think Steffi's suggestion would be of interest to 98.5% of members. I hope it will be taken up and it may then make this thread more concise and easier to follow

Just for your peace of mind I am the real me and unique in terms of my identity!!

what was sent to Singapore?

Some of the DNA samples for independent verification.

The quoTe from the Nation stated that it WILL be sent. There is no evidence that it was ever sent.

The second quote that I gave from the Nation stated that they 'WERE' sent. I had to explain to on of your boys that were is not the future tense.

As mentioned previously, a reader's letter is not proof. Hence you not supplying the link but merely quoting a bit of it?

My rule of thumb is to believe the exact opposite of what the rtp state or assert as fact. And the nation, come to that. DNA, nah, doesn't exist because the Rtp said it matches. About time the Thai authorities put up or shut up.

About time!! Haven't you heard - the trials over and the defence lost their way, with seven lawyers, experts and advisers in tow, blown away by the evidence provided by the RTP.

If it time for anything, that is for the defence to get their act together and provide the court with something (anything) substantial to even make a dent in the prosecutions case.

will

Here it is:

It was said in court that all dna was processed in BKK. A man can change his mind about where things will be processed so I'm not calling him a liar. But I am saying the stuff was never sent to Singapore as your team claim. and we're still waiting for anything that backs up your claim. i think it will be a long wait.

Koh Tao Verdict: Lingering Questions as Protests Continue

CHIANG MAI, Thailand — On Dec. 24, the Koh Samui Provincial Court sentenced Wai Phyo and Zaw Lin to death for the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller on the Thai resort island of Koh Tao.

Thai journalists, forensic experts, rights activists and social media activists have highlighted numerous flaws in the police investigation, and doubts over the guilt of the Burmese migrant duo have sparked protests in various locations across Burma in the days since.

Military chief Snr-Gen Min Aung Hlaing has joined Buddhist monks, Burma’s envoy to Thailand and the Myamar National Human Rights Commission in questioning the evidence used to convict the pair.

Here it is:

It was said in court that all dna was processed in BKK. A man can change his mind about where things will be processed so I'm not calling him a liar. But I am saying the stuff was never sent to Singapore as your team claim. and we're still waiting for anything that backs up your claim. i think it will be a long wait.

If it was said in court it will be written down, please provide written proof of court statement, like you and your mates have been demanding on this forum, so we will not take your hearsay.

Until that post, WE ARE STILL WAITING for your proof.

Yesterday's lead story was about the prime suspect in a years-ago abduction/murder in southern Thailand - of a Muslim human rights lawyer. There's a lot that can be said about that miscarriage of justice, but one side issue sticks out - when compared to the KT case: In the missing lawyer case, police found evidence of phone usage among the suspects - and that evidence was crucial in pointing out the probably culprits. In the KT case, there's been no mention by anyone of phone usage after the crime. With one slight exception: it was mentioned in court that Nomsod's phone was used in Bangkok later in the day of the crime. It was a typically vague mention by typically unprofessional RTP.

Yet what of Mon's phone? the headman's phone? The headman's wife? Fast boat operators on the island? Nomsod's phone on Sunday night and Monday morning? If you look for answers from investigators, you'll come up with absolute zero. My comment: if RTP can get such data in a crime which took place years before KT crime, why couldn't they do it for the KT crime? I know the real answer (because it's part of officials' cover-up gambit), but how would shielders of the Headman's family explain it?

Funny how in that case even though there were numerous witnesses of the guy being bundled into a car by the trip and never seen again they were acquitted. The reason? No body ever found. Same old stuff......

About time!! Haven't you heard - the trials over and the defence lost their way, with seven lawyers, experts and advisers in tow, blown away by the evidence provided by the RTP.

If it time for anything, that is for the defence to get their act together and provide the court with something (anything) substantial to even make a dent in the prosecutions case.

They are not permitted to introduce fresh evidence. The appeal will be judged on current evidence. The outcome will probably be the same. But like lemmings, actually.

CHIANG MAI, Thailand — On Dec. 24, the Koh Samui Provincial Court sentenced Wai Phyo and Zaw Lin to death for the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller on the Thai resort island of Koh Tao.

Thai journalists, forensic experts, rights activists and social media activists have highlighted numerous flaws in the police investigation, and doubts over the guilt of the Burmese migrant duo have sparked protests in various locations across Burma in the days since.

Military chief Snr-Gen Min Aung Hlaing has joined Buddhist monks, Burma’s envoy to Thailand and the Myamar National Human Rights Commission in questioning the evidence used to convict the pair.

All that uproar by Myanmar officials is only because they got the death sentence, it is not about their innocence.

Every government does the same if one of their citizens is sentenced to death somewhere in the world. Even when caught with 50kg of cocaine.

Military chief Snr-Gen Min Aung Hlaing - what you mean Thaksin's buddy. Before you jump all over this, I should reveal that he is also good friends with Prayut (what a unique double that is)!!

Okay here is the link where it was stated that that DNA HAD BEEN sent to Singapore. All that this forensic evidence was used for was to narrow down their search and to exclude that the DNA was from David or any of the foreigners on the island at that time. It was stated before the B2 were arrested and I see no reason why he would be lying about this. I mean Nomsod is also Asian isn't he?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/09/22/more-dna-evidence-collected-koh-tao-police-move-new-field-suspects

Here it is:

If it was said in court it will be written down, please provide written proof of court statement, like you and your mates have been demanding on this forum, so we will not take your hearsay.

Prove otherwise, but you can't. So shut it.

From another topic "Do I remember correctly reading that One early suspect became a monk shortly after the killings and has since left Thailand to study in some other country ? Do I understand that correctly ?

I don't know who killed the 2 Brits and with all the misinformation we may never know for sure. The one thing however we can look at is the behavior of the people who could be responsible. I have seen that when a Thai person has done something really bad they become a monk to help with all the bad karma they have created. Another thing you normally see are those with money who have a problem leave the country.

The swinging arm of the running man, Video missing, boats leaving early in morning and not viewing video, etc etc etc .... Sure makes you wonder ......"

How did the 2 defendants act when they heard the verdict ? Were they upset, quiet, or what ? Any one know ?

Nope - it don't work like that. It's up to the judge what gets written down...

CHIANG MAI, Thailand On Dec. 24, the Koh Samui Provincial Court sentenced Wai Phyo and Zaw Lin to death for the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller on the Thai resort island of Koh Tao.

Military chief Snr-Gen Min Aung Hlaing has joined Buddhist monks, Burmas envoy to Thailand and the Myamar National Human Rights Commission in questioning the evidence used to convict the pair.

http://www.irrawaddy.com/burma/koh-tao-verdict-lingering-questions-as-protests-continue.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

All that uproar by Myanmar officials is only because they got the death sentence, it is not about their innocence.

Every government does the same if one of their citizens is sentenced to death somewhere in the world. Even when caught with 50kg of cocaine.

It was a rare thing for them to speak up. The reason? They see it was a fit up. They would never go to those lengths for average citizens where guilt is even slightly obvious. They know this is a fit up and is why they are calling it.

The big picture is simple: The 2 accused have been convicted in Court. A request for appeal is due within 30 days of reading of the verdict. According to Section 193 of Thai Criminal Procedure (1934) an appeal must be based upon questions of fact and of Law.

All the rest is now side show.

Sounds like words emitted from a computer. Imagine for a moment, you were a family relation to one of the victims or to one of the scapegoats. Wouldn't you gladly welcome some new evidence which would shed light on who really committed the crimes? I would. Perhaps you think the investigation is completely over. I know RTP wished it was over 15 months ago - when they announced who did it and vowed to never mention the initial prime suspects again. But most of us in this discussion are eager for any evidence which could shed light on who really did the crime.

If there was CCTV in the AC Bar and I have no doubt there is, where is the footage of that night?

Destroyed?....probably Why.....Possible motive for the later attack revealing suspects .

But again, why did the defence not ask these questions in the court? If CCTV was instaled in the AC Bar, the owner of the said bar should be in the witness box to explain where the recordings are. If I was defending the Burmese I would want to know exactly what has happened to these recordings.

Getting Mon to come clean on this case would be akin to getting an elephant to knit baby mittens.

Watched a great series on Pornthip Rojanasunand last night. Google "crime scene bangkok". Shows a lot what goes on with the investigative process in thailand, her battles with the police (for showing up their manipulation of crime scenes) and how she wants to have a medical forensic department that is separate to the police who still today have control over criminal forensics.

They have their reasons of course but it would have made this case more "fair and transparent" as they say.

Remarkable woman, loved by millions who is a national hero for exposing flaws in criminal cases.

Yes yes yes! ....forensic depts throughout Thailand which are independent from RTP. Police brass would crap little green apples if that came to being.

Here it is:

Are court transcripts available?

You are so blatant in your deflections - I have pulled you up on your WERE SENT to singapore claim, with a link showing that all you are quoting is a reader's letter. Do you deny this to be correct? Strewth I could send a letter in just saying 'It was the mafia wot dunnit'. If published would that make it fact????

Instead of addressing my point you, as usual, avoid and try to turn it round so you can avoid admitting you are putting out untrue information.

And again, as usual, you know it and we know it. This particular aspect is now closed until you prove otherwise. To continue down this path without backing it up would make you look foolish imo, but go for it if you like

CHIANG MAI, Thailand On Dec. 24, the Koh Samui Provincial Court sentenced Wai Phyo and Zaw Lin to death for the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller on the Thai resort island of Koh Tao.

Military chief Snr-Gen Min Aung Hlaing has joined Buddhist monks, Burmas envoy to Thailand and the Myamar National Human Rights Commission in questioning the evidence used to convict the pair.

http://www.irrawaddy.com/burma/koh-tao-verdict-lingering-questions-as-protests-continue.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

It was a rare thing for them to speak up. The reason? They see it was a fit up. They would never go to those lengths for average citizens where guilt is even slightly obvious. They know this is a fit up and is why they are calling it.

Quite correct, bung. Surprisingly a few posters here do not want to believe it. Prefer to live in their fantasy world where the Rtp are perfect and this case is rock solid .

Here it is:

Prove otherwise, but you can't. So shut it.

Have a look at cruncher's post just prior to your one.