Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

Question to the Glee Club (alig,lucy11,desperate dan etc)

I've the highlighted sentence's I need your views on, Why would the police make this statement that they had seen both Mon & Nomsod on cctv ?,Surely they couldn't of made a mistake or there eyesight was that bad to make such a huge error!.

I would love to see the cctv footage and the evidence they had! ......Pretty sure that's long gone now!

The chain of events as far as I have pieced it together was the police asked for help from the public to identify the man on the CCTV footage, AKA the running man; the people at CSI-LA didn't like when Nomsod went to their page to contend their BS and decided he looked like that man, then the police used that supposed ID to make their statement.

You know, the same way that people here decided that anyone that doesn't jump in the "Scapegoats" bandwagon must be connected with the murders or the supposed cover up.

This was posted last year by the man running the CSI-LA page "Nom Sod" and his friends had posted comments on CSI during the time that Sean leaked out a statement that he was being threatened and bullied by the mafia. In many ways, this allowed Admin and people on CSI LA page to. see the suspicious behavior and we were able to recognize the close similarity in the physical features of the suspect betweem the CCTV video and "Nom Sod"."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That post is BS, it claims that the victims were murdered at the place they were staying, they were sharing rooms with friends.

Unfortunately it's the kind of BS that is consumed with gusto by those that don't want to accept reality for what it is instead of what they wish it would be.

Besides that, a man claiming to be Burmese, using a Thai celebrity photo taken from Panthip as his image creates an account to make one post... Say, anyone wants to buy a bridge?

The iPhone found 16Sept. 2014 does not belong to David Miller.

David's friend confirm that he got iPhone 4s not iPhone 4.

The big question still remains: : To who belongs the iphone the police found first?

attachicon.gifCapture Not Davids phone.PNGattachicon.gifIPhone4SiPhone4 Comparison ikik.png

Sean McAnna?

it doesn't matter what his friend said, iPhone 4 and 4s are very similar and I very much doubt Davids friend could recognise the difference, I would like to hear Davids friend confirm this and even if he could the fact still remains - if it wasn't Davids phone then who the (deleted) did it belong too and why did the police not identify its owner, it was key evidence found at the crime scene and yet it has completely disappeared

Survey: Do you believe the two Burmese in the Koh Tau Murder case are guilty?

Yes, they are guilty. (42 votes [7.46%])

No, they are not guilty. (521 votes [92.54%])

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881609-survey-do-you-believe-the-2-burmese-found-guilty-of-the-koh-tao-murders-are-guilty/?utm_source=newsletter-20151227-0851&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

There must exist a cause for this result.

There is Tomacht the defense and its propaganda machine spread half truths I will give you a example.

The court gave the defense permission to test the hoe for dna, it was tested and 3 sets of DNA

The Headlines read that day "3 peoples dna found on hoe and none of them are the b2"

So know people reading the press and social media think we have 3 new suspects (they evEn had me fooled to thinking I might have been wrong)

But then we find out 2 sets of dna are Hannah and Davids so we are now left with one suspect but its still not the B2

And then after some of the shills did some digging we find out it is only part of a profile that matches The B2, so it could or could not be there dna

Thats why you won't here the shills saying its there dna on hoe

A partial DNA match means zilch. It could be any one of millions, including you and me. It requires a match to be of any significance.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

I've the highlighted sentence's I need your views on, Why would the police make this statement that they had seen both Mon & Nomsod on cctv ?,Surely they couldn't of made a mistake or there eyesight was that bad to make such a huge error!.

I would love to see the cctv footage and the evidence they had! ......Pretty sure that's long gone now!

The chain of events as far as I have pieced it together was the police asked for help from the public to identify the man on the CCTV footage, AKA the running man; the people at CSI-LA didn't like when Nomsod went to their page to contend their BS and decided he looked like that man, then the police used that supposed ID to make their statement.

You know, the same way that people here decided that anyone that doesn't jump in the "Scapegoats" bandwagon must be connected with the murders or the supposed cover up.

This was posted last year by the man running the CSI-LA page "Nom Sod" and his friends had posted comments on CSI during the time that Sean leaked out a statement that he was being threatened and bullied by the mafia. In many ways, this allowed Admin and people on CSI LA page to. see the suspicious behavior and we were able to recognize the close similarity in the physical features of the suspect betweem the CCTV video and "Nom Sod"."

it refers primarily to cctv footage that was never made public, you think the only footage from all the cameras on that Island that night/morning consisted of about 20secs in total, another alarming fact is why police did not seize cctv footage from AC bar, the place the victims were last known to be alive which should have been the starting point for the police investigation

Survey: Do you believe the two Burmese in the Koh Tau Murder case are guilty?

Yes, they are guilty. (42 votes [7.46%])

No, they are not guilty. (521 votes [92.54%])

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881609-survey-do-you-believe-the-2-burmese-found-guilty-of-the-koh-tao-murders-are-guilty/?utm_source=newsletter-20151227-0851&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

There must exist a cause for this result.

There is Tomacht the defense and its propaganda machine spread half truths I will give you a example.

The court gave the defense permission to test the hoe for dna, it was tested and 3 sets of DNA

The Headlines read that day "3 peoples dna found on hoe and none of them are the b2"

So know people reading the press and social media think we have 3 new suspects (they evEn had me fooled to thinking I might have been wrong)

But then we find out 2 sets of dna are Hannah and Davids so we are now left with one suspect but its still not the B2

And then after some of the shills did some digging we find out it is only part of a profile that matches The B2, so it could or could not be there dna

Thats why you won't here the shills saying its there dna on hoe

A partial DNA match means zilch. It could be any one of millions, including you and me. It requires a match to be of any significance.

I said it before and I will repeat, it is not beyond possibility that the murder weapon (the hoe) was wiped down with and item of the victims clothing but that is nothing more than a theory - up to me

Jerseyman murdered in Thailand

Thai authorities have convicted two bar workers for the murders of the British backpackers, amid allegations that the suspects made confessions under duress.

Mr Miller and Miss Witheridge were brutally murdered on the holiday island of Koh Tao in September.

Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo have been sentenced to death.

Activist group Anonymous joins protest against convictions of men for David Miller's death

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2015-12-30/activist-group-anonymous-joins-protest-against-convictions-of-men-for-david-millers-death/

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Sorry don't believe any of that crap you've just spewed out there!..... Then again you and your buddies only believe anything that fits in with your agenda!.. Sad to say!.

Real police would not make a statement like the above without real evidence and if they had any common sense go on whats presented on social media!

Sorry don't buy it as the RTP are real pros!

bunglebag, on 30 Dec 2015 - 18:22, said:bunglebag, on 30 Dec 2015 - 18:22, said:

I don't think it is some young kid, but equally I don't think it is the well known Anonymous Activist Hackers group, although visually they have aligned with them.

Could be a bit of a whoopsie by ITV there, but may get good coverage.

When I read the original post when it was first posted I have to admit that, although I understood why, I felt it was a bit strongly worded considering who it was addressed to so glad to hear it has been toned down a bit since.

edited:

Although I see the page has been going since 2014 though and covers a variety of different incidents so not just set up for this. It would be interesting to know more about whether there is a link to the main group

This group seems to be based in Australia. The blogger says he's based in Brisbane, Queensland.

http://anonymous4justice.blogspot.com.au/

Edited by IslandLover

As smedly would say, provide the original samples and test them independently against the b2. What's so difficult if it's genuine evidence? That would shut everyone up, but that won't happen because it won't match.

It's entirely possible that there was never any DNA found in Hannah. Brit forensics didn't find any. Thai forensics said they did and very quickly (and gleefully) claimed with certainty that it matched the scapegoats. Yet what has Thai forensics done right in their entire activity in this case? They lost Hannah's clothes. They lost the hair. They didn't find any DNA on the hoe, but Pontip's team did. They claim Nomsod's DNA is nowhere to be found at the crime scene, yet one of the head investigators couldn't say for sure whether Nomsod's DNA was ever typed, and if so, he was sure RTP didn't have any remaining DNA from him. Regardless, RTP wouldn't share DNA data with Brit experts. Thai forensics didn't notice any of the stab wounds on David. What has Thai forensics done right in this case? That's a real question.

With regard to the mysterious Nomsod, the man whose DNA was taken and then misplaced.

Dirty Dan told us he was now walking around freely in Thailand. The same poster then said no, he was in hiding. Now other posters say he is secluded with his head shaven in a monastery in another country. Surely, surely, if he is innocent of the rumours ,he would stand up publicly, show his phone records of where he was based at the time of the murders and explain why his girlfriend could not locate him at that period in time. Why the need for all the threats and intimidation from his family, why does he have to go to a monastery in another country. Why go to a monastery at all if he has does nothing to attone? Why Why Why???

Am I on the wrong thread?

Because, what I see written in the recent past, is way off the topic of:

"Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers"

Now it’s:

"Started the protests started the protests"? (Remind’s me of a DeNiro movie) laugh.png

"Bin Ladin"??

"Activist group Anonymous"?

"Fundraising"??

facepalm.gif

Misdirection folks.

It appears some posters who have been here virtually day and night, have run out of gas…

Quite. There are some posters on here who are very happy with the guilty verdict. That's their prerogative. What I don't get is why they feel the need to continue to battle with those people who are not satisfied with the guilty verdict. They (a minority) are fixed in their views and content with the fact that the two Burmese men have been sentenced to death. If I was happy with the verdict I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time on TV slinging mud. I wonder why it is that some people keep hanging on in?

Quite, If I was satisfied with the verdict, I would go on holiday and shut up.

Sorry don't believe any of that crap you've just spewed out there!..... Then again you and your buddies only believe anything that fits in with your agenda!.. Sad to say!.

Real police would not make a statement like the above without real evidence and if they had any common sense go on whats presented on social media!

Believe? I doubt it, but they have an agenda, for sure…….. Vested interest in keeping the heat off those who should have been charged.

Wanna do business in the vicinity….? Toe the line, Bud!

it refers primarily to cctv footage that was never made public, you think the only footage from all the cameras on that Island that night/morning consisted of about 20secs in total, another alarming fact is why police did not seize cctv footage from AC bar, the place the victims were last known to be alive which should have been the starting point for the police investigation

"it refers primarily to cctv footage that was never made public,"

Is it? I think you are just making assumptions.

In any case the man in the footage looks (at least the hair), very much like Wei Phyo:

post-70157-0-86302600-1451530398_thumb.j

Hair completely covering the ear, pronounced forward pointing sideburns, the length at the back and the overall volume of the hair.

IMO anyone that denies the close similarities is not paying attention, at best.

As to an overly-nested post above as to whether corroborable evidence exists, for now, the written opinion of the Judges says there is sufficient evidence for a conviction whether wiser-heads disagree or could give 100 or 200 reasons why such opinion is faulty or not.

And that is the complete crux of the matter. We all followed the trial and heard what was presented by the prosecution and what the RTP all failed to deliver and lied about from the beginning, but at the end of the day the B2 were on trial in Thailand and that is the only reason they were found guilty and sentenced to death.

Had this trial happened in the UK or the US it wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes without being dismissed.

All of you RTP cheerleaders who are celebrating this "victory" are all liars and frauds too, and you all know it.

In the US there is a famous saying by a district Attorney that :I can get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich. And admittance of evidence is at to the discretion of the Judge in US whether the viability or provenance of the evidence is in question or not. So at least for the US, that this case would certainly have been thrown out is your opinion. I don't celebrate anything just that once you pass through immigration control, you are under the Laws of Thailand and not in Kansas anymore.

With the greatest respect Crab JL, Thailand does not have laws in the conventional sense, anyone, or I should say anyone with enough guns, can legally overthrow an elected govt. Anyone can in fact do anything and it is not against Thai law if one has money. Ever stood beside a stop light in Thailand when it turns red, anyone can do anything , this is the jungle. Welcome, and mind the Kangaroo as you go past

That same real police also went to the press to announce that Chris Ware was a prime suspect and cited blood in his trousers as evidence... except that there was no blood, oops.

And I'm the one supposed to believe everything the police said. rolleyes.gif

The police jumped the gun naming suspects multiple times during the investigation, that's a fact, not an agenda.

It's not about taking things on belief, it's about using the thing between the ears to evaluate information.

Edited by AleG

That was started and is being organized by the same man that has run the MWRN fundraisers.

So not so anonymous.

The village glee club in full voice, keep it up, with a bit of luck you might get to the top of the charts.

So is AleG insinuating that Andy Hall is behind the campaign by Anonymous? I think not. Andy is above that kind of nonsense.

The iPhone found 16Sept. 2014 does not belong to David Miller.

David's friend confirm that he got iPhone 4s not iPhone 4.

The big question still remains: : To who belongs the iphone the police found first?

attachicon.gifCapture Not Davids phone.PNGattachicon.gifIPhone4SiPhone4 Comparison ikik.png

Sean McAnna?

Someone who was not on the island that night...allegedly.

Hence the RTP unwillingness to find the owner because it would blow the case sky high.

@catsanddogs

Sometimes it's better to show photos to the narrow minded.

Sorta like cartoons. Easier to comprehend the message.

Look at the bottom of your screen.

They have all fled. (they usually do when presented with, for example, graphic evidence of blatant manipulation. See my post #2265)

And you are right.

If they are so sure and content with their beliefs, fine.

Get on with their lives.

thumbsup.gif

Clearly, an agenda is afoot.

I guess it's just the nature of the Troll...

At 01:24 most normal people are in bed. Where are now by the way? Don't see you at the bottom of the screen/ Have you fled?

A few posts back their was a discussion about the infamous lost , used up dna and some extracts from the reporting was provided.

For the sake of clarity I think the following link is the article

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Forensic-evidence-not-lost-police-chief-30264238.html

' Meanwhile, national police chief Pol General Somyot Poompunmuang dismissed reports that the DNA evidence in the case could not be re-tested as some of it had either been "used up" or lost.

' Thawatchai agreed, saying the BBC had misunderstood the officer and that the evidence had not been lost. However, he said, some DNA samples may have been used up in accordance with the examination process. '

here we have Somyot saying dna not used up whilst Thawatchai samples may have been used up .

what do we make of this statement

"This report may have resulted from a mistranslation of the officer's statement," Somyot said, adding that maybe the officer wanted to say that the evidence had been handed over to the Institute of Forensic Medicine after the investigation finished.

Are we to assume that some evidence was not forensically tested untill after the investigation

Here is the BBC report with video where it is reported that Somsak spoke to the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33457038

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33473662

The court has now been told that vital DNA evidence cannot be retested. At the end of the trial's third day, the judge said police had informed him all the samples taken on the island were "finished" - meaning they could not be analysed again.

Edited by rockingrobin

stephenterry, on 30 Dec 2015 - 13:57, said:
DiscoDan, on 30 Dec 2015 - 13:49, said:
StealthEnergiser, on 30 Dec 2015 - 10:28, said:
stander, on 30 Dec 2015 - 10:23, said:

The not guilty camp, can stamp their feet, threat to hit the ignore button and hit out with personal attacks, but the fact is these two savages have been found guilty, and no new evidence will be heard in the appeal, so the sentence will stand.

You have no idea so you listen to Lucy I would suggest you follow a few different people and do a little research instead of sending them 2 young men to the gallows.

Well we know now the defense have not been not telling us the whole story after the phone incident,

They told there supporters that the the money they were giving to the funderaiser was for a Fair Transparent Trial,

Then they closed there propaganda forum to the public and made it private.

seems to me its the defense who are trying to hide something

I am 99.999% sure these Rakhine rapists are guilty.

I am 100% sure the b2 are not guilty, and I disagree with the verdict.

Then they closed there propaganda forum to the public and made it private.

And what forum would that be, DiscoDan? The one you weren't allowed to join? The one you spammed with hate mail?

Whatever your views on this case......

To find a mobile phone lying in the middle of a murder scene and not make any attempt to find the owner, recover data , and do a complete data trail on the said phone is at best incompetent and at worst gross misconduct.

Has there been any data trails on any phones carried out that night? .....NO simply and utterly incredible.

This investigation was an International embarrassment to Thailand and more importantly to the victims.

I am sorry to say but if the Miller family is happy with the investigation , I am totally dumbfounded!

A few posts back their was a discussion about the infamous lost , used up dna and some extracts from the reporting was provided.

For the sake of clarity I think the following link is the article

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Forensic-evidence-not-lost-police-chief-30264238.html

' Meanwhile, national police chief Pol General Somyot Poompunmuang dismissed reports that the DNA evidence in the case could not be re-tested as some of it had either been "used up" or lost.

' Thawatchai agreed, saying the BBC had misunderstood the officer and that the evidence had not been lost. However, he said, some DNA samples may have been used up in accordance with the examination process. '

here we have Somyot saying dna not used up whilst Thawatchai samples may have been used up .

what do we make of this statement

"This report may have resulted from a mistranslation of the officer's statement," Somyot said, adding that maybe the officer wanted to say that the evidence had been handed over to the Institute of Forensic Medicine after the investigation finished.

Are we to assume that some evidence was not forensically tested untill after the investigation

Let me correct that for you.

NO, here we have Somyot saying dna not be used up whilst Thawatchai say SOME samples may have been used up

some
səm/
determiner
determiner: some
  1. 1.
    an unspecified amount or number of.
    "I made some money running errands"
  2. 2.
    used to refer to someone or something that is unknown or unspecified.
    "she married some newspaper magnate twice her age"
Edited by TheCruncher

I have no connection with any other posters here and not wanting to repeat myself, I can say that now that I am more acquainted with the facts, I am content with the guilty verdict and as proponent of the death penalty, I do support the sentence.

Yes but why repeat this as a daily, repeated message in the forum ?

It will not help either side , I also believe B2 are involved somehow and not just some random scape goats , but when not all the facts are on the table , you just can't defend a death sentence, especially in this case

I do support a life sentence , if they are the real killers.

Nice post.
Balo I think Stander plays as seen on his avatar. I must say that on that thread there is a lot of matter.

As to an overly-nested post above as to whether corroborable evidence exists, for now, the written opinion of the Judges says there is sufficient evidence for a conviction whether wiser-heads disagree or could give 100 or 200 reasons why such opinion is faulty or not.

And that is the complete crux of the matter. We all followed the trial and heard what was presented by the prosecution and what the RTP all failed to deliver and lied about from the beginning, but at the end of the day the B2 were on trial in Thailand and that is the only reason they were found guilty and sentenced to death.

Had this trial happened in the UK or the US it wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes without being dismissed.

All of you RTP cheerleaders who are celebrating this "victory" are all liars and frauds too, and you all know it.

In the US there is a famous saying by a district Attorney that :I can get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich. And admittance of evidence is at to the discretion of the Judge in US whether the viability or provenance of the evidence is in question or not. So at least for the US, that this case would certainly have been thrown out is your opinion. I don't celebrate anything just that once you pass through immigration control, you are under the Laws of Thailand and not in Kansas anymore.

With the greatest respect Crab JL, Thailand does not have laws in the conventional sense, anyone, or I should say anyone with enough guns, can legally overthrow an elected govt. Anyone can in fact do anything and it is not against Thai law if one has money. Ever stood beside a stop light in Thailand when it turns red, anyone can do anything , this is the jungle. Welcome, and mind the Kangaroo as you go past

If that is what you choose to believe, don't expect me to try to convince you otherwise.

That post is BS, it claims that the victims were murdered at the place they were staying, they were sharing rooms with friends.

Unfortunately it's the kind of BS that is consumed with gusto by those that don't want to accept reality for what it is instead of what they wish it would be.

Besides that, a man claiming to be Burmese, using a Thai celebrity photo taken from Panthip as his image creates an account to make one post... Say, anyone wants to buy a bridge?

Add to that: the picture is 7 years old. Well maybe he was at some time a model in Thailand ha ha ha cheesy.gif

Edited by asiamaster