Thailand Post expects brisk demand for delivery service

Thailand Post expects brisk demand for delivery service
The Nation

30275603-01_big.jpg?1450958841426

THAILAND -- Thailand Post expects the number of parcels to be delivered during the Christmas and New Year period would increase by 9.74 per cent from last year.

The number is expected to reach 224 million pieces, or over 8.62 million pieces per day on average, during December 15-January 15. The dailyfigures will increase by 765,815 pieces.

The average in the first 10 months of the year was 8.61 million pieces per day. During the period, Thailand Post registered Bt18.7 billion in total revenue and Bt2.25 billion in net profit, an increase by 21 per cent from the same period last year.

It expects Bt22 billion in total revenue for the whole year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Thailand-Post-expects-brisk-demand-for-delivery-se-30275603.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-24

I wish i could get a letter from Europe that doesn't take three weeks to reach me, although i have had some that have taken two months. It is strange that a letter from Germany takes three days to get to the sorting office and then another two and a half weeks to reach me in my village.

Probably in a minority of one, but I have no problem with Thailand Post. Made five orders with companies in Thailand in the last few weeks, EMS. As soon as they arrive in Thailand, I only have a max 3 day wait for delivery, usually 2. The problem can be with the choice of carrier. Singapore Post best, China and Netherlands good. Swedish post..still in a rowing boat somewhere out to sea, postal staff probably all delivering handouts to migrants.

Probably in a minority of one, but I have no problem with Thailand Post. Made five orders with companies in China in the last few weeks, EMS. As soon as they arrive in Thailand, I only have a max 3 day wait for delivery, usually 2. The problem can be with the choice of carrier. Singapore Post best, China and Netherlands good. Swedish post..still in a rowing boat somewhere out to sea, postal staff probably all delivering handouts to migrants.

Edited by farangmick

Hope they can keep everything DRY.

For the second time in recent months THAI POST has delivered WET, SOGGY material.

This time, it had been re-packed in a Plastic Thai Post Envelope but the Card and a Calendar were WET and MUSHY.