90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

Sent 8th March EMS tracking shows received March 8th. Approved March 15th 15:34PM and arrived in my mail today March 17th. As mentioned by others, a blank TM47 and a notice included in the envelope.

Hi Tywais

Sorry but is this a typo or did I miss something new?

Why a blank TM-47?

Thanks for any clarification

Since you are not going in person where you can pickup a blank form it is for your convenience.

I see Thanks

I just have it saved on my computer (both a blank & filled out already) & I just change the date each time & print it out send it off again

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat strange providing a "how to" in the return envelope simply confirming you got it right?

The "how to" should be distributed to those that don't use mail in perhaps?

Yes, it would seem logical to have those forms available at Promenada and given to everyone who comes in person to submit their form, wouldn't it ? But N-O-O-O. And when it's been suggested -- even by the local Consular Corp, with a copy of the form shown, they're meet with blank looks by the Prom Immigration officials..

Somewhat strange providing a "how to" in the return envelope simply confirming you got it right?

Yes, it would seem logical to have those forms available at Promenada and given to everyone who comes in person to submit their form, wouldn't it ? But N-O-O-O. And when it's been suggested -- even by the local Consular Corp, with a copy of the form shown, they're meet with blank looks by the Prom Immigration officials..

copies of all the tm forms needed for immigration are available on the table before you go in to immigration, Or they were the one and only time I went to promenade about 3week ago,

thought it was very helpful to send me a tm47 for next time I renewed. Service from immigration,Is improving in leaps and bounds now, Even better than the old airport office looking at all the positive reports, Apart from the usual old grudges that is.

copies of all the tm forms needed for immigration are available on the table before you go in to immigration, Or they were the one and only time I went to promenade about 3week ago,

Yes, of course, the TM forms are available at the table staffed by the highly capable and knowledgeable college interns. What is missing is the document (or indeed any knowledge on the part of the interns) about how you can submit your 90 day report by post and avoid any future trip to Promenada for this reason.

Like the document pictured in post no. 402 http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881961-90-day-reporting-comments-and-experiences-2016/?p=10540066

• 2 weeks later...

Today I did my 90 day reporting online for the first time, previously never worked

A couple of points, I had not left the country, however in January I did file a TM30

I used Windows 11, all Capitals, drop down menu's when applicable and slashes when inputting dates

Filed around 1000hrs ish, check my email at 1130hrs ish approved, went to the website and printed out the approvals

I am at the beginning of my 15 days out from 90day due

Tried Online using FF with IE tab (Windows 7 )

All went quite well & it now states Pending

Will give this a try & if it is not accepted in a day or two will revert to mail in.

Wow !

Good Job Immigration thumbsup.gif

Just got an email back that my 90 day (filed a few hours ago today) was approved

Went to the site & printed out & saved my app & next appointment/notification slip for passport.

Very nice wink.png

Wow !

Good Job Immigration thumbsup.gif

Just got an email back that my 90 day (filed a few hours ago today) was approved

Went to the site & printed out & saved my app & next appointment/notification slip for passport.

Very nice wink.png

Next appointment slip?

My approved notice only states when my visa expires, not when I have to report again. Did I miss something?

** EDIT: OK - I've revisited the Approved page and found it. :)

Amazing progress with the online 90 day report system. I tried it for previous 90 day reports and was rejected by the system. Yesterday, the email that my application was approved came back in just one minute after submitting it. The total time from beginning the application to printing out the slip for my passport took just half an hour. Great!

I have a theory. When we leave the country, return and submit a TM30 or show up at Immigration to do a one-year visa extension, this gives the Immigration people an opportunity to look at their record for us in their system and correct any errors. This could explain why it is that those of us who have hadn't had any joy in the past with the on-line system are suddenly finding it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I know that when I did my retirement visa extension in February, there were two officers involved in the process. One, a male, looked over the forms, while another, a female, had my passport and spent the time working a keyboard and staring at a computer screen. She was mostly looking at something and appeared to be making changes, not entering raw data. It's my belief that she was correcting errors in their system so that I would be able to submit 90-day reports in the future and hopefully (from their perspective) not darken their door for another year.

I have a theory. When we leave the country, return and submit a TM30 or show up at Immigration to do a one-year visa extension, this gives the Immigration people an opportunity to look at their record for us in their system and correct any errors. This could explain why it is that those of us who have hadn't had any joy in the past with the on-line system are suddenly finding it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I know that when I did my retirement visa extension in February, there were two officers involved in the process. One, a male, looked over the forms, while another, a female, had my passport and spent the time working a keyboard and staring at a computer screen. She was mostly looking at something and appeared to be making changes, not entering raw data. It's my belief that she was correcting errors in their system so that I would be able to submit 90-day reports in the future and hopefully (from their perspective) not darken their door for another year.

Good theory Nancy

I was thinking along those lines

Because the people who input the information on our Arrival Card

Could have typed it into the System Wrong

I will see after my Visa Extension what happens in September

But when you leave the Country it could happen all over again

Only time will tell

What Nancy indicated is very logical, if you cannot report online, when you report by person or mail, surely its sensible for IMM to check their data against their system/passport

Which should enable online reporting

I guess, this may happen in other cases, but I do not believe its the norm

I think not every IMM Officer can use their own system, the guy at the AP comes to mind

What Nancy indicated is very logical, if you cannot report online, when you report by person or mail, surely its sensible for IMM to check their data against their system/passport

I think not every IMM Officer can use their own system, the guy at the AP comes to mind

No, it doesn't. Been there twice in Jan, after they did not send the slip back. They checked it in the computer and all data was there, second time student printed the slip when the old man was playing on his phone.

My last entry was in Feb 2014, that is before the system went online, so I think there is simply a missing link between the online database and older arrival numbers.

When i arrived in Thailand i filled in my arrival form

When it was time to do my 90 Day Report i went in person to promenade

With No Problems

My next 90 day i tried sever times online

It Failed

So who know how it all works

I think it will be hit and miss for quite a while

Till they get thing fixed

IMHO

After two frustrating days of attempts to use the online system, I finally worked it out and received an email verification and was able to print my receipt in just over an hour. Some, particularly WIN 10 users, may be interested in what I did.

I know they said you must use IE Explorer. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. There is no longer an Internet Explorer (or so I thought) so I tried Firefox, Chrome, and the new Windows 10 Edge. I could get to the application form, but filling it in was excruciating. I had to enter one character, wait, enter the next character and wait. The drop down boxes didn't work and finally I would get a message "website not responding".

On a whim I went into my program files on Win 10. Go to 'C:\Program Files (x86)'. Scroll down and you will find 'Internet Explorer'. Click and find the application file "iexplore". You can click and the program will start, or first right click and choose 'Pin to Start' if you wish to use it from there. I did this on two different computers so I assume this is normal for Win 10.

I went to the Immigration Site and everything worked as it was supposed to. I received an email that said it was approved. Went back to the site. Printed out my completed form. No Problem.

Hope it helps. ;)

After two frustrating days of attempts to use the online system, I finally worked it out and received an email verification and was able to print my receipt in just over an hour. Some, particularly WIN 10 users, may be interested in what I did.

I know they said you must use IE Explorer. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. There is no longer an Internet Explorer (or so I thought) so I tried Firefox, Chrome, and the new Windows 10 Edge. I could get to the application form, but filling it in was excruciating. I had to enter one character, wait, enter the next character and wait. The drop down boxes didn't work and finally I would get a message "website not responding".

On a whim I went into my program files on Win 10. Go to 'C:\Program Files (x86)'. Scroll down and you will find 'Internet Explorer'. Click and find the application file "iexplore". You can click and the program will start, or first right click and choose 'Pin to Start' if you wish to use it from there. I did this on two different computers so I assume this is normal for Win 10.

I went to the Immigration Site and everything worked as it was supposed to. I received an email that said it was approved. Went back to the site. Printed out my completed form. No Problem.

Hope it helps. ;)

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Google Chrome does have an IE Extension addon [ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ie-tab/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd?hl=en ] which appears to work fine for those whose info is up to date at Immigration.

I've tried it all, Windows, virtual machines, not working. And I'm happy to pay 15+3B for the mail if they don't screw up again as in January.

A friend went to Prom and enquired [at the desk inside] why his online 90-day submission was not working. Maybe he was lucky to get the right person on the right day, but they sorted it out in a very few minutes and a few keyboard entries. He does speak Thai and had all his original documents with him.

I've tried it all, Windows, virtual machines, not working. And I'm happy to pay 15+3B for the mail if they don't screw up again as in January.

A friend went to Prom and enquired [at the desk inside] why his online 90-day submission was not working. Maybe he was lucky to get the right person on the right day, but they sorted it out in a very few minutes and a few keyboard entries. He does speak Thai and had all his original documents with him.

Did they simply file his 90 day report for him at that time, or did they correct his record in their system so that he was able to submit 90 day reports on-line in the future?

Archived