Full-Moon Party on Koh Phangan ends with disgusting scenes

webfact

Please add sex tourists, alcoholics and foreign criminals on the list. The FMP idiots make me ill. Want to make Thailand a much better country. Get riod of this entire bunch and make the visas much more difficult to get. Granted SOME Thais are getting rich on the plastic and human trash. But is it really worth it selling your soul and culture having to deal with many of the foreigners that are allowed to enter the country.

on another issue about FMP. drugs+drunk+gangs= is a recipe for disaster ......

personally, I wouldn't go to one of these if you gave me paid me to ...

I agree. It is no wonder that Thais have little respect for these types of foreigners who come here or live here.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the wealthy foreigners that leave this mess it's the backpackers people who just come to get fckn wasted they leave a mess everywhere they go they don't care about nothing getting drunk and loose their minds never seen such a stupid bunch off people like this . They should up the prices of boats going to the island and up the prices of alcohol by ten times or something make it a Nice party to go to not such a low ranked party as this if they want to make a mess like this let them go to greece or something where all the school children party's are they will fit right in

Agreed the mess is unacceptable. So what is the Thai excuse for their canals which run through their illegal squatter shanty towns? eg Phra kanong etc? Did the wealthy foreigners throw all their trash and s*** into the canals there too?

Two wrongs don't equal a right.

There is a major festival of arts in Adelaide, Australia every year where all patrons are provided with a recycled garbage bag upon entry in which they are encouraged to deposit their refuse. Result - literally no spread of garbage.

Admittedly, the calibre of festival goers would almost definitely be significantly higher than the generally doped out, drunk and abusive revellers at one of these parties. They would more than likely use the bags to carry their drug/alcohol induced vomit.

Much ado about nothing?

In my younger years I enjoyed/endured many a festival and similar gathering. In every case there was a proverbial mountain of trash left behind. In these days of terrorist activity the last thing organisers would be providing is bins in which a 'device' could be deposited; and be unlikely to be noticed. The clear-up process is part and parcel of the event and, as demonstrated in previous posts, is well catered for in the event on Koh Phangan. I have over the years visited cinema/movie theatres on many continents and trash/garbage/rubbish bins are few and far between; even if everyone took their litter with them a clean-up team would still be required before the next showing. As is the case for tourist beaches; and those who want to continue to attract tourist revenue should be catering for this.

The fact that this is even considered to be 'newsworthy' is the only aspect that registers with me.

Note: The most noteworthy fact is that [thankfully] this was not taken as an opportunity for those terrorist organisations that have been threatening action in Thailand to demonstrate their intent.

Edited by Caspersfriend

Except the hippy this could be any beaches in the gulf of Thailand when strong wind is blowing onshore. I have seen the beach like that in Hua Hin and Rayong, Patt but also small villages... The situation is really bad and most of the plastic is floating offshore or packed in the rivers and canals waiting for moonsoon rains to be expel. And yes locals doesn't mind as long as tourist will continue to come. Most of the locals in non touristic places and small villages by the sea unfortunately toss everything on the beach or the sea including fishermans. Tourists are stupids and continue to book their holidays in places highly affected by pollution and they are responsible for this as well. Why govs and people does not realize how bad the situation is with the seas, the "party is already over"

THIS HAS TO BECOME A NATIONAL AND EDUCATION PRIORITY !

Edited by element555

If you've ever been to the full moon parties you would know that bins on / next to the beach are almost non existent.

And moving freely to find one through 1000's of people is no easy task.

I've seen whole families of Thais and other Asian tourists simply leave all their litter on a beach when they pack up snd move on home. Actually walking past bins as they make their way off.

Not excusing the mess from the picture, but demonizing all foreign partygoers for wholesale pollution is not really fair tbh

So more bins?? And than?? Burn it? There is no waste management/technology in place, so why collect it?

If you did start cleaning up they would probably be arrested for not having a work permit.

As said they make enough money from these parties.Pay some to clean it up.

But that will never happen from these greedy lazy *********s.

It will just get washed into the sea.

Have a look at the rubbish left on all the beaches in Thailand by the Thai's.

Typical of Thai's to always blame the other people.bah.gif

Not just on the beaches, but almost everywhere. As clean as they are in their personal hygiene, Thais in general do not have any regard for their immediate surroundings anywhere except maybe in downtown Bangkok a bit....

It's about time to put an end to this free for all stupidity and disregards of human and Thai values

that have going on for many years, plenty of complaints but no dose any thing about it...

Allow this to continue but in a fenced area and a admission's fee to cover medical emergencies

provided on site, paying for guards and for the massive clean up afterword, now days, surly

a back packer can afford the 100 or so baht to cover those expenses as it is for safety and

order for everybody...

There is a charge for entry to the parties to cover this as you enter Haad Rin.

It's the original story that is deflecting the blame solely to foreigners.

It is the locals business and it is a mess on many levels.

Thais are not aware of cleaning up after themselves; in my neighborhood they simply throw their garbage over their walls as what is not seen is not there.

Folks, you are untitled to your (xenophobic) opinions, but not your own facts.

This obscene mess is via Foreigners.

You can stuff that fact in your "Thai Bad, Foreigner Good" washing machine and let it run all day .. but the facts remain the same.

It is always a moment of laughter to stop by and read these postings with the realization of what vile vitriol I would have to wade through if this was from a Thai event.

Don't worry lads, you don't need to get your panties in a bunch, I only stopped by to see how this will eventually become the fault of Thai people and the Foreigners are helpless victims.

Foreigners go to beach party ... trash the whole place ... Blame Thai People ... Typical Thai Visa.

Speaking of trash ... please proceed with your postings, the day is young and I predict that by sundown, this forum will be in agreement that that mess on the beach, is the fault of Thai People.

Typical Foreigners.

Any littering is wrong on the part of farang or Thai, but you can see that sort of mess every Monday morning on Pattaya, Jomtien and Ban Amphur beach after the Bangkok Thais have descended for the weekend.

Take the blinkers off and don't try to put normal everyday farang in the same littering bracket as the locals.

Most foreigners would have a strong inclination to use a bin, if there was one to use. I have carried trash with me for 15 minutes on Samui, in Pattaya and especially in Bangkok, looking for a bin. After a while you just put it where you can. Even most drunk, reveling foreigners would use a bin if provided. Had Rin beach should have 500 bins for the party. How many are provided? 10? If that. It all falls on the shoulders of the locals and the mayor and the headman, who profit from it all. Stop whining. Man up. Show some spine. Earn your money. Do your own clean up or provide bins. End of story.

Edited by spidermike007

25tsd people participating paying 200THB each. This makes 5.000.000 THB. For this money you can hire enough Burmese labor to clean the whole island for 10 years ? So whats the point. It is the responsibility of the operators of such event to take care about garbage problems and - I only have to look at many places including beaches on Phuket - I am sure there are never sufficient garbage bins available.

Come on. There is NO excuse for this.

Defending farang tourists just because they are farangs like us is no excuse.

Picking on Thais and bringing up situations where they have littered is NO excuse for this.

Locals selling drinks etc is NO excuse for this.

Lets be open and honest and say this is behavior that makes us educated farangs ashamed. No excuses. No attitude of "two wrongs making a right". No deflecting the blame on to others. This behavior is unacceptable to me, and I suggests to most self respecting people.

I take ownership and addmit that I am ashamed that people of my own country of origin act like this, but know that they are in the minority. A minority that deserves criticism and needs educating.

You should see "the day after" photos from European Rock Festivals; like Roskilde Festival, that's garbage...whistling.gif
The Koh Phangan beach will be cleaned shortly after, and agree with earlier poster saying that there are not enough garbage bins, however not impossiblæe to dispose used bottles and cans; I talk from experience.wink.png

Folks, you are untitled to your (xenophobic) opinions, but not your own facts.

This obscene mess is via Foreigners.

You can stuff that fact in your "Thai Bad, Foreigner Good" washing machine and let it run all day .. but the facts remain the same.

It is always a moment of laughter to stop by and read these postings with the realization of what vile vitriol I would have to wade through if this was from a Thai event.

Don't worry lads, you don't need to get your panties in a bunch, I only stopped by to see how this will eventually become the fault of Thai people and the Foreigners are helpless victims.

Foreigners go to beach party ... trash the whole place ... Blame Thai People ... Typical Thai Visa.

Speaking of trash ... please proceed with your postings, the day is young and I predict that by sundown, this forum will be in agreement that that mess on the beach, is the fault of Thai People.

Typical Foreigners.

News flash! Anytime you hold a mass event, the end result is going to be an awful mess for someone to clean up. Whether it be a: wedding, Christmas party, Birthday, concert, etc. The result is always going to be the same. So why are you or anyone passing blame. If you don't want a mess, don't throw this type of event. Personally, I blame the local government for having such an event. They should care more about the environment they inhabit. But I guess it's all about the $$$$$

Edited by alphaflight

Obviously the party goers were virtually blind, unable to see the non-existent garbage bins that are standing all over the place... Cause and effect - what else did they expect? Santa arriving with a garbage collecting truck? $I-Iit faced teenagers high on speed and crack to have a sudden flash of consciousness making them start to recycle plastic bottles into beautiful necklaces, wrist bands and lamp shades in the middle of the night???

Edited by MockingJay