Long term farang - too much cheap charlie?

CLW

110 Baht for big bottle? That is a rip off. Sensible girl knows her stuff.

Even when at the bar watching football we only pay 80 Baht. Normal restaurant 60 Baht. In Pattaya too.

I read this and just think that the bars/restaurants with 80 or 60 THB big bottles are cheap charlie places. They buy a bottle for 55 - 70 THB in makro, so why they shouldn't add 20-40 THB?

Man, if I order a Suhsi in Germany and add a 0,5 coke I am paying like 150 THB for it while they buy it for 30 THB.

I'd rather sit in a restaurant that sells beer for 110 THB to all it's customers with a price list publicly displayed than in a place where it sells for 80 THB but not for all.

??

Those prices are for everyone. They are simply not ripping off the customers with higher prices.

At 80 Baht you have 4 different sports, a swimming pool, friendly staff, a good variety of Foreign and Thai food. Decent tables and chairs, plenty of fans..

Why pay more in other bars.

It's all about location. I can get a big beer for 55 baht if I'm willing to drink on the front porch of 7-11. But I'd rather pay 100 baht and sit in a nice bar.

Front porch? Never seen a 7/11 with a porch.

I thought you were the food court expert.

:D

??

Those prices are for everyone. They are simply not ripping off the customers with higher prices.

At 80 Baht you have 4 different sports, a swimming pool, friendly staff, a good variety of Foreign and Thai food. Decent tables and chairs, plenty of fans..

Why pay more in other bars.

There is no dual pricing in the CM Thai bars either. I think that might put off some Posters here though who very happy to pay more for having white skin!

The French girl has gone native, will only pay what her Thai counterpart will pay.

Up to you what you want to and can do about pricing in places where you eat, personally, I'm OK with 35 baht food court nosh and/or 300 baht western style places, but only if it's good food.

I can remember my backpacking days through the 60's and 70's, hitching around Europe and North Africa, living on bread and sardines, sleeping on the beaches and in parks as well as youth hostels, roughing it was all part of the experience. It was an achievement to spin your money out for as long as you could, putting off the horror of returning to a job.