Seizure of Yingluck calendars upsets Pheu Thai

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting, that some think propaganda material with some nice pictures of a criminal fugitive should be allowed to be distributed.

I would hate to see what you think is ok to distribute.

Makes me sick how you support arrests of children by junta .

LM and have the audacity to bitch about a calendar

Of course, you have no problem with criminal fugitives being idolised?

As for the rest of your post, have a nice calendar

http://freedesignfile.com/upload/2015/09/Calendar-2016-with-family-vector-design-02.jpg

Here is a pic for Yingluck to include in her calendar.

post-94947-0-51508700-1452333116_thumb.j

Edited by Skywalker69

clap2.gif

"He insisted that the whole trip was about merit making and did not have any hidden political agenda."

He's right, it's not hidden. It's an overt attempt to use an allegedly private act of faith for political purposes.

If you want it to be private then go alone, don't bring along your entourage, carry out your merit making in secret and don't announce the whole event in advance to the press.

Same old PT.

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwjp14eCm5HKAhXGGo4KHeYIBVIQuAIIETAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DViSm2i7C_1U&usg=AFQjCNGZ5AXTwgr_4kaftwAUWKRKMShddw

Same old PT.

Yes they outsmarted the army rulers again !! A small trip to Khon Kaen by a little lady in her Volkswagen made an organisation with a budget of 207 billion baht wet their pants............

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

@MiKT

I read the OP and all posts on this thread.

I read them carefully and responded appropriately to some of them.

You should try that some day.

Clearly you don't respond appropriately, otherwise we would not be reading this. Try not posting the same knee jerk repetative anti Shin nonsense one day and come to the realisation that no matter how good or bad they were Thailand did not deserve a military takeover that has placed the iron grip of a totalatrian regime on the country by an elite goup of soldiers that do not even represent the views of the military let alone the majority of Thais.

Nothing you can post about the Shins can justify that.

The Comunist Chinese are expanding their hegmony in the South China sea and have lost their grip of North Korea so they need another anti US puppet regime in Thailand. It's nothing to do with the Shins. Is that simple enough for you?

Edited by MiKT

@MiKT

Clearly you don't respond appropriately, otherwise we would not be reading this. Try not posting the same knee jerk repetative anti Shin nonsense one day and come to the realisation that no matter how good or bad they were Thailand did not deserve a military takeover that has placed the iron grip of a totalatrian regime on the country by an elite goup of soldiers that do not even represent the views of the military let alone the majority of Thais.

The Comunist Chinese are expanding their hegmony in the South China sea and have lost their grip of North Korea so they need another anti US puppet regime in Thailand. It's nothing to do with the Shins. Is that simple enough for you?

You really don't read do you. You just assume and take what you want to be true from a post without applying any logic to your rants.

I said from the start the following.

A) it is BS for PT to claim this was anything but a political stunt.

B. ) I don't have a problem with them carrying out this stunt but to claim it is not a political action is just insulting to our intelligence. Well those of us possessing any that is.

C) thaksin is a scumbag fugitive criminal and should be in gaol or on trial for the extra judicial slaughter of his war on drugs.

If people want to worship the **** that is their choice but I have no problem with his calendars being destroyed.

If they were allowed I would be scornful of those who have them but in the end if they want his picture in their house it's none of my business.

In addition

D) my posts are in response to the same old diatribes from you and the fact you are unable to grasp the point I have repeatedly had to make due to your inability to understand the simplest of statements.

Any deviations into me expressing my views of thaksin have come about from the misconceptions you have read into my posts. You don't like my views on him, fine. Don't drag him into the argument.

E) knee jerk. Close, very close, one of the two anyway.

Edited by Bluespunk

@MiKT

So, we need to blame the Communist Chinese for the seizure of the 'Thaksin' calendars ? That's a nice new twist.

@MiKT

So, we need to blame the Communist Chinese for the seizure of the 'Thaksin' calendars ? That's a nice new twist.

So you have leaned something about the true political situation in Thailand and what actually leads up to the seizure of the calendars by a juanta that is so scared the populace really is starting to get as peed off as they will be and has to take pathetic steps to stamp down on any support for a an oposition politician.

It matters not a whit or a jot if the calendars were issued for political promotion purposes, what matters is that the jaunta seized them on the pretext that they were political; and this is just another example of their blatent totalaterian repression. In almost any other country in the world politicians can put out any kind of promotional material they want.

You can in some cases rightly blame the Shins for something. There has never been a politician alive you could not blame for something. But it does not excuse todays repression, which is what some jaunta huggers here try to do over and over again.

If (please god not) the dispicable Trump ever became PotUS and was displaced by an army coup, I would be the first to protest.

So now you know democracy in Thailand has been repressed to suit the agenda of our Northern neighbours. I am so pleased that actually learning something is a new twist for you.

@MiKT

So you have leaned something about the true political situation in Thailand and what actually leads up to the seizure of the calendars by a juanta that is so scared the populace really is starting to get as peed off as they will be and has to take pathetic steps to stamp down on any support for a an oposition politician.

It matters not a whit or a jot if the calendars were issued for political promotion purposes, what matters is that the jaunta seized them on the pretext that they were political; and this is just another example of their blatent totalaterian repression. In almost any other country in the world politicians can put out any kind of promotional material they want.

You can in some cases rightly blame the Shins for something. There has never been a politician alive you could not blame for something. But it does not excuse todays repression, which is what some jaunta huggers here try to do over and over again.

If (please god not) the dispicable Trump ever became PotUS and was displaced by an army coup, I would be the first to protest.

So now you know democracy in Thailand has been repressed to suit the agenda of our Northern neighbours. I am so pleased that actually learning something is a new twist for you.

Oh come on, the only thing I learned here is that when the Shinawatras are making fools of themselves again with propaganda a number of posters will join them.

Here we have yet another example where Thaksin through his Pheu Thai party is trying to get in the news and also trying to convince others that this was just a 'popular' initiative. Well, popular with his minions maybe.

@MiKT

Oh come on, the only thing I learned here is that when the Shinawatras are making fools of themselves again with propaganda a number of posters will join them.

Here we have yet another example where Thaksin through his Pheu Thai party is trying to get in the news and also trying to convince others that this was just a 'popular' initiative. Well, popular with his minions maybe.

Well, you have your own perception of who is ridiculous in this case, and other people (including in media) may have a different perception.

From a "communication campaign" point of view, it has been quite successful. For a minimal investment (printing a few calendars and organising a merit-making ceremony) they got quite a large media coverage. From what I read in the media (at least in the media with an English version - I cannot check the others), it did not seem that the coverage was more negative for them than for the junta, rather the contrary.

@MiKT

Well, you have your own perception of who is ridiculous in this case, and other people (including in media) may have a different perception.

From a "communication campaign" point of view, it has been quite successful. For a minimal investment (printing a few calendars and organising a merit-making ceremony) they got quite a large media coverage. From what I read in the media (at least in the media with an English version - I cannot check the others), it did not seem that the coverage was more negative for them than for the junta, rather the contrary.

Even a dim old troll might have been expected to have worked out who ended up looking the bigger fools in this unimportant incident - which would have passed ignored but for the heavy handed military.Still these obsessives are always anxious to fasten on to some Shinawatra related item - however trivial - since it seems a way of diverting attention from Thailand's real problems.

Not much outrage at their silliness merely an overwhelming ennui.

The ones who try to sell the incident as totally unexpected while only handing out some calendars with Yingluck ar the ones who play games or simply lie about it.

When you only stress the 'they confiscated Ms. Yingluck's calendars' part you are already twisting the truth. Selling that to western media and them buying doesn't make it more truthful.

Even a dim old troll might have been expected to have worked out who ended up looking the bigger fools in this unimportant incident - which would have passed ignored but for the heavy handed military.Still these obsessives are always anxious to fasten on to some Shinawatra related item - however trivial - since it seems a way of diverting attention from Thailand's real problems.

I'm willing to accept you are not calling me a "dim old troll", because that would be both an insult as well as an intentional attempt to provoke me.

That leaves us with some trying to sell the 'only calendar' idea while it seems a carefully planned attempt to make the current government look bad. A picture of the criminal fugitive included, everyone important told to wake up when called, propaganda.

Thaksin must be getting real worried, people might forget him, people might not remember all the things he did (to fill him pockets), people might even get used to the current government.

Edited by rubl

^^

Classic! He simply couldn't let it lie...

Insults can not always be ignored.

Twisting the truth will always need to be addressed, or as you so correctly wrote "could't let it lie"

The ones who try to sell the incident as totally unexpected while only handing out some calendars with Yingluck ar the ones who play games or simply lie about it.

When you only stress the 'they confiscated Ms. Yingluck's calendars' part you are already twisting the truth. Selling that to western media and them buying doesn't make it more truthful.

I never pretended that there was no political motive behind it, on the contrary I wrote it in another post and I think using the expression " communication campain" doesn't leave much doubt about it either. They laid a nice trap and the Junta fell enthousiastly into it. And about media in English, I was mainly referring to the Thai media in English or with an English version (The Nation, BP, Khasod, etc...).

To be frank I find some of the positions expressed in this thread (and others) equally amusing:

- posters feigning to believe it was not politically motivated (while being probably delighted about the political impact). OK, nothing wrong with distributing calendars and making merit-making ceremonies but I doubt there was no political intent behind it.

- posters feigning to be outraged by it (in the style -my own words, not quotes- "Politicians doing politics! What a shame!"). I don't see what's outrageous that a Party who is forbidden any political activity after a coup, tries indirect ways to attract attention. Of course the PTP doesn't tell the truth when it says it's not politically motivated. But as I wrote in another post, "Lying to liars", there's nothing shocking about it. It's kind of fair game.

Edited by candide

^^

Twisting the truth will always need to be addressed, or as you so correctly wrote "could't let it lie"

Lets see, twisting the truth, you dont think that defending a repressive regime that finds it necessary to run around like headless chickens looking for copies of a calendar to ban is twisting the truth enough?

If it was a political calendar it was a political calendar, so what? This regime has no legitimacy to ban anything, it imposed itself on the country as a totalaterian style state at the point if a gun. Your defending it makes you look like a the kind of running dog who sees a man standing in front of a tank in Tionoman square and says he should be prosecuted for jay walking. Thats the kind of twisting you find it necessary to do to avoid the truth and obfuscate the real problems.

^^

Lets see, twisting the truth, you dont think that defending a repressive regime that finds it necessary to run around like headless chickens looking for copies of a calendar to ban is twisting the truth enough?

If it was a political calendar it was a political calendar, so what? This regime has no legitimacy to ban anything, it imposed itself on the country as a totalaterian style state at the point if a gun. Your defending it makes you look like a the kind of running dog who sees a man standing in front of a tank in Tionoman square and says he should be prosecuted for jay walking. Thats the kind of twisting you find it necessary to do to avoid the truth and obfuscate the real problems.

Let's see, a criminal fugitive let's his Pheu Thai party stage a show to 'trick' the current government into reaction and some like to twist that?

Even the topic title already shows a twist as it says "Seizure of Yingluck calendar upsets Pheu Thai".

The correct topic title would be "Thaksin upset the government confiscates his calendar"

^^

Let's see, a criminal fugitive let's his Pheu Thai party stage a show to 'trick' the current government into reaction and some like to twist that?

Even the topic title already shows a twist as it says "Seizure of Yingluck calendar upsets Pheu Thai".

The correct topic title would be "Thaksin upset the government confiscates his calendar"

I never pretended that there was no political motive behind it, on the contrary I wrote it in another post and I think using the expression " communication campain" doesn't leave much doubt about it either. They laid a nice trap and the Junta fell enthousiastly into it. And about media in English, I was mainly referring to the Thai media in English or with an English version (The Nation, BP, Khasod, etc...).

To be frank I find some of the positions expressed in this thread (and others) equally amusing:

- posters feigning to believe it was not politically motivated (while being probably delighted about the political impact). OK, nothing wrong with distributing calendars and making merit-making ceremonies but I doubt there was no political intent behind it.

- posters feigning to be outraged by it (in the style -my own words, not quotes- "Politicians doing politics! What a shame!"). I don't see what's outrageous that a Party who is forbidden any political activity after a coup, tries indirect ways to attract attention. Of course the PTP doesn't tell the truth when it says it's not politically motivated. But as I wrote in another post, "Lying to liars", there's nothing shocking about it. It's kind of fair game.

To be frank I think you missed the point.

Here we have a criminal fugitive ordering his (Pheu Thai) party around expecting them to do as he tells them and that's not politics as usual. That's criminal.

I'm willing to accept you are not calling me a "dim old troll", because that would be both an insult as well as an intentional attempt to provoke me.

That leaves us with some trying to sell the 'only calendar' idea while it seems a carefully planned attempt to make the current government look bad. A picture of the criminal fugitive included, everyone important told to wake up when called, propaganda.

Thaksin must be getting real worried, people might forget him, people might not remember all the things he did (to fill him pockets), people might even get used to the current government.

I didn't particularly have you in mind but the fact is you are mainly a troll as has been often pointed out.Your objective is to disrupt and provoke - but without the corresponding benefits ( sometimes found with habitual trolls) of entertaining or enlightening.

I don't think the current government needs any help in being made to look bad.If you were more in touch with Thai opinion as opposed to your keyboard, you would understand this better.

Here we have a criminal fugitive ordering his (Pheu Thai) party around expecting them to do as he tells them and that's not politics as usual. That's criminal.

What's criminal is the way the justice system in Thailand has been dragged down to only produce verdicts favourable to those who hold the country to ransom by naked force.

It is not just relevant to your pet bogyman, it is taken notice of outside the country and is making an already abismally bad justice system even more obviously so with a very negative effect on business.

I didn't particularly have you in mind but the fact is you are mainly a troll as has been often pointed out.Your objective is to disrupt and provoke - but without the corresponding benefits ( sometimes found with habitual trolls) of entertaining or enlightening.

I don't think the current government needs any help in being made to look bad.If you were more in touch with Thai opinion as opposed to your keyboard, you would understand this better.

So, you were trying to insult me and you even use the opinion of those who don't like my opinion as base. Now that's interesting.

Anyway, Thaksin's calendars confiscated, he and his party upset, a few posters here upset.

What's criminal is the way the justice system in Thailand has been dragged down to only produce verdicts favourable to those who hold the country to ransom by naked force.

It is not just relevant to your pet bogyman, it is taken notice of outside the country and is making an already abismally bad justice system even more obviously so with a very negative effect on business.

What's criminal is being unable to control yourself as PM and still do private business despite prohibitions.

Anyway, not only Thaksin upset it would seem.

So, you were trying to insult me and you even use the opinion of those who don't like my opinion as base. Now that's interesting.

Anyway, Thaksin's calendars confiscated, he and his party upset, a few posters here upset.

Your deserved reputation for trolling with mods and the rest of the forum is nothing to do with your opinions.It is to do with your desire to provoke forum members and to derail discussion.

Your deserved reputation for trolling with mods and the rest of the forum is nothing to do with your opinions.It is to do with your desire to provoke forum members and to derail discussion.

Ah, so you don't really want to discuss the topic of "Seizure upsets Pheu Thai"?

You'd rather go on attacking a poster with opinions of said posters opponents. As for 'deserved reputation for trolling with mods' you break a forum rule of not publicly discussing moderation. You should have inserted 'allegedly' somewhere to be on the safe side.

Anyway, Thaksin and his Pheu Thai upset and some blame the government for upsetting the plans of a criminal fugitive.

Ah, so you don't really want to discuss the topic of "Seizure upsets Pheu Thai"?

You'd rather go on attacking a poster with opinions of said posters opponents. As for 'deserved reputation for trolling with mods' you break a forum rule of not publicly discussing moderation. You should have inserted 'allegedly' somewhere to be on the safe side.

Anyway, Thaksin and his Pheu Thai upset and some blame the government for upsetting the plans of a criminal fugitive.

As you know the PTP always lies, so if it say it is upset, it means that in fact it is quite happy of the way it turns out! wink.png

As you know the PTP always lies, so if it say it is upset, it means that in fact it is quite happy of the way it turns out! wink.png

Most likely! Imagine how disappointed Thaksin would have been if the government had tolerated 'his' calendar. Maybe he would have had a raging fit over it as that lack of interest would certainly hurt his ego.