Expelled pupils burgle school in Ang Thong for revenge

webfact

Expelled Pupils Burgle School For Revenge
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

1451990193_kids2.jpg
The classroom was found broken into on Jan.4 after the long holidays.

ANG THONG — Three school children confessed to breaking into a classroom and stealing a school camera, to get revenge at the teacher who expelled one of them.

A 12-year-old boy and two 14-year-old boys were arrested Monday, just four hours after the police was informed about the burglary at Wat Luang School. Police in Wisetchaichan town, Ang Thong province said they were able to track them down because the teacher recognized the handwriting left by thieves on the classroom wall.

“I came here to steal your shit,” the manifesto boldly declared in mispelled Thai.

“The teacher realized that the handwriting belonged to a student that was just recently expelled,” said Police Col. Peeraphan Chantien.

The recently expelled 14-year-old boy, confessed that he instigated the plan, Peeraphan said. The other two decided to join him as they were also regularly punished by the teacher, the officer added.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1451990229&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-06

One has to think that this boy must have done something seriously bad to even get a suspension from any Thai school. A bad seed already made from the sounds of it. He need to be sent to a military school or some other disciplinary school to adjust his thinking and life and future. The other boys who participated should be sent as well. These boys are the future of Thailand. Police and politicians and businessmen. It is something I am not looking forward to.

"“I came here to steal your shit,” the manifesto boldly declared in mispelled Thai."

Misspelling such a simple phrase suggests the child has educational needs that were not being met.

Probably led to frustration and angry behaviour displays that led to expulsion and this type of reaction. It usually does.

Doesn't justify their actions but we reap what we sow.

"“I came here to steal your shit,” the manifesto boldly declared in mispelled Thai."

Misspelling such a simple phrase suggests the child has educational needs that were not being met.

Probably led to frustration and angry behaviour displays that led to expulsion and this type of reaction. It usually does.

The teachers here tend to ignore the children that are falling behind,probably due to large classes. When my then 14 year old stepdaughter was continually skipping school and getting bad marks her mother resorted to shouting and hitting her. I pulled her to one side and tried to find out what was wrong, it was difficult. Eventually i had an idea, i had read all the 'Harry Potter' books in Thai and still had them, i pulled out one of the books and asked her to read one page to me out loud, it took 10 minuets. I now knew what was wrong,she couldn't read properly. I spent the next three months with her teaching her to read her own language,with great success,she now goes to university. I confronted her teacher how it was possible that a student could reach the age of 14 without being able to read,his retort was that i wasn't Thai it had nothing to do with me and we cant run after each child that has problems we don't have the time.

“I came here to steal your shit,” Thailands next generation in the making!!

Thailands' next generation just following the examples of recent high profile role models, especially the last 12 years of totally immoral politicians.

The teachers here tend to ignore the children that are falling behind,probably due to large classes. When my then 14 year old stepdaughter was continually skipping school and getting bad marks her mother resorted to shouting and hitting her. I pulled her to one side and tried to find out what was wrong, it was difficult. Eventually i had an idea, i had read all the 'Harry Potter' books in Thai and still had them, i pulled out one of the books and asked her to read one page to me out loud, it took 10 minuets. I now knew what was wrong,she couldn't read properly. I spent the next three months with her teaching her to read her own language,with great success,she now goes to university. I confronted her teacher how it was possible that a student could reach the age of 14 without being able to read,his retort was that i wasn't Thai it had nothing to do with me and we cant run after each child that has problems we don't have the time.

Well done.. real good.. im impressed (seriously no flame here).

Can blame the teachers but its the whole system, classes are too big.. not enough funding ect. I am sure teachers also don't like it but they are right they can't go after every pupil. But there should have been some signals and it should have been caught earlier so extra tutoring could have been done earlier.

But real good of you to have taken the time to help.

A good kick up the ar*e is what they should get!

14 and they're breaking into buildings... imagine what they'll be up to by the time they're adults...

Getting kicks up the arfe is probably half the problem. Thai teachers use corporal punishment for the most minor of things, and do not provide an environment for good learning.

That said....I hope the boy is not simply told to apologise. He needs to face the consequences.

At the same time, someone should be looking at the root of his problems.

"I came here to steal your shit, the manifesto boldly declared in mispelled Thai."

A typical result of the 'No-Fail' policy. Some are still adding and subtracting with the use of fingers and toes at Grade 3.

The problem is in the system! Most Thai teachers only like to lecture and many times there are just to large classes, first time I was teaching I had up to 75 students in matheum (secondary school) and in the university I had 120 students in each class... back then I was teaching conversational English and how the hell can you do that in a good way with checking and helping everyone with that many students?!

That just didn't work for me so today I teach agricultural subjects in English instead, my largest class is 19 students and the smallest is 8 BUT still there are still some problems with the students behavior and attendance (it's the same in all subjects not only those I teach).

I don't want to lecture all the time like the Thai teachers do, I want the students to think for them self, ask me and other people questions, use problem solving, find facts from books and internet and to think outside the box... but that is not working most of the time with most of the students. One example is that I gave a small homework to 3 classes (37 students), each student had to write 1 A4 page about one cattle breed (I even gave them an internet link with the information for each breed) and I told them that they should finish in one week, today (3 months later) only 7 students have hand in their homework!

"I came here to steal your shit, the manifesto boldly declared in mispelled Thai."

The problem is in the system! Most Thai teachers only like to lecture and many times there are just to large classes, first time I was teaching I had up to 75 students in matheum (secondary school) and in the university I had 120 students in each class... back then I was teaching conversational English and how the hell can you do that in a good way with checking and helping everyone with that many students?!

That just didn't work for me so today I teach agricultural subjects in English instead, my largest class is 19 students and the smallest is 8 BUT still there are still some problems with the students behavior and attendance (it's the same in all subjects not only those I teach).

I don't want to lecture all the time like the Thai teachers do, I want the students to think for them self, ask me and other people questions, use problem solving, find facts from books and internet and to think outside the box... but that is not working most of the time with most of the students. One example is that I gave a small homework to 3 classes (37 students), each student had to write 1 A4 page about one cattle breed (I even gave them an internet link with the information for each breed) and I told them that they should finish in one week, today (3 months later) only 7 students have hand in their homework!

The heart of your problem - you asked them to read and write.

So, you are an English language teacher then? OK, righto, carry on....................................whistling.gif

About 3 good whacks with the cane (Singapore style) for these idiots. Then send them to military "attitude adjustment" school. coffee1.gif

From what was said in the OP it would appear that they have quite possibly already been subjected to violence masquerading as discipline.

What would help these kids and society in general is their educational needs being met.

From the OP

"The other two decided to join him as they were also regularly punished by the teacher, the officer added."

Edited by Bluespunk

“I came here to steal your shit,” the manifesto boldly declared in mispelled Thai

Jeez, 14 years old and they can't even spell...

The writing is worse than a 5 year old

About 70% of the writing on TVF is worse than that of a 5 year old.