I don't get why comprehensive insurance is so high here.

giddyup

... stating a fact which then turns out to be 'I read on another forum'.

Unfortunately this happens too many times on the 'net. People read about something and then becomes the expert on the matter and then take a definitive stance on the subject.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That named driver ting is false economy.With No1 cover being at 25 K max per mill I think it's good value. American system is good too.U.K. Is the worst I've known ,they make such a drama over a claim ,bloody forms, did U pip your horn, and get outs at every chance.Here they just fix it and don't whinge.

25,000 THB for full coverage and peace of mind. I think that's a very good deal.

First 3 years I was with Tokio Marine through my leasing company.

First year was 22,000, second year was 19,000 third year was 17,000.

During the third year I hit a Honda City in the rear in the parking of Gateway Ekkamai.

It was my mistake 100%. Her car's rear was completely destroyed, my car had a bit of damage on the bull bar.

So the fourth year came and I had to pay 26,000 THB for my insurance. So I did what most did and changed to another company.

18,000 THB first class with Bangkok Bank.

No one is pushing people to get 1st class insurance. Many people drive with 3+ insurance and are perfectly fine.

Please could you give details of which company had a loan vehicle available - I have been here and insured for 12 years and asked the various agents and brokers I've spoken to during that time at every renewal about the possibility of a loaner vehicle and I've yet to find one.

I'd appreciate the name as would several others that have posted.

Thanks in advance.

DELETED

I do not have firsthand knowledge of the policy or conditions so if you want more information you should direct your questions to the original poster. The information was not on this forum but on CoolThaiHouse, the screen name of the OP is Rodger Ramjet the post is dated Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:44 pm. I don't know if he is on ThaiVisa.

sometimewoodworker - you mentioned that loaners are available with some insurance companies and that we (I) must be with the wrong companies...

when pressed a link to a housebuilding forum is the only information you can offer to back up your statement ????

We can only conclude you are full of it.

IF anyone else has first hand knowledge and the name of a company which Includes Loaners in their premium - Please name the companies.

Axa for I think 2 days.

Did a quick comparison.

Mitsubishi Triton 4x4 Top Grade

1st class insurance (Both AXA)

Belgium: 1,400 euro (55,000 THB)

Thailand: 450 euro (18,000 THB)

So yeah, for most Europeans Thailand will be a lot cheaper.