• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Phuket police propose quick solutions to traffic congestion

snoop1130

Phuket police propose quick solutions to traffic congestion
Sukawin Tanthavanich

post-249866-0-63952700-1452252589_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Police have banned parking during rush hour in a number of locations on the island in order to decrease traffic congestion.

“Vehicles won’t be allowed to park along Thepkrasattri Road near the Heroines’ Monument or the Koh Kaew Intersection, as well as along the bypass road, Chao Fa East Road and Chao Fa West Road from 7am-9am and 4pm-7pm,” explained Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Werawat Chantarawijit on Wednesday.

“Thepkrasattri Road is the main road connecting the airport with other major destinations in Phuket, such as the beaches and Phuket Town.”

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-police-propose-quick-solutions-traffic-congestion/62834?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-08

I wait to see if this is even enforced - unlikely ..

It could be a good money maker! Especially if they tow and impound the cars!

Local Thai hisos would revolt if car towed and big fine to recover. Never happen ...

Then why do they even bother to talk to the press about it, if they don't have any teeth behind their "enforcement?" Never mind, I've been here too long and already know the answer... TIT... Actually TIP, this is Phuket.

I say it again, other than having the police stay home, the only other way to fix traffic is to install concrete separator for every single lane. Thus every person on the 3rd lane on the left on Thep road will have to turn left at the intersection and not block the traffic by merging into the middle lanes after having cut people off.

An other way to help traffic would be to ban vios/almera's from traffic, just look at the intersection going north on the chaofa west @ the weekend market. If you wait on the left lane for the straight green light you wait 3 to 6 lights(so up to 20mins) but if you cut by the right theres ALWAYS 4-5 people in almera's or vios with 15-25m free in front of them because they are taking too long to move at a decent speed. Cutting in front of them by the turning lane saves you 5 to 20mins depending on traffic. Same goes on most roads. I save 15-35m time on my gf's times on 15-20km distance just by constantly cutting illegally in front of slow vios/almera's at every intersection.

But that one is just a dream, its insane how slow people are. Just try it. Go on chaofa west and in front of the villa zolitude/right after the tiger muy thai street going south, go by the right and cut everyone at the light if its red. I swear that if you accelerate to 50kph in 7-8secs(which isnt fast) you won't have a single car in your rear view mirror as soon as the bend is over. Most of the traffic is from slow cars/drivers.

^ You drive a Fortuner obviously ...

Stop any parking on the north side of Phrabaramee rd Patong , between the beach side dolphin roundabout , and the start of Rat-U-Thit rd , and watch the tailbacks that at this time of year , go back through Kalim , diminsh significantly!

Traffic heading inland from the Dolphin Monument have to merge for all of 300 metres , then seperate again - all because the shoulder lane is used by taxi and tuk tuk men to park on.

Enforce it as a clearway.

We need a Phuket Traffic Tax. Only this way we will solve this issue:

Normal private limousine car/Pick Up 100.000 Baht Phuket Traffic Tax per year.

Taxi/Minibus 300.000 Baht Phuket Traffic Tax per year.

Big Tourist Buses/ big trucks 1.000.000 Phuket Traffic Tax per year.

Day Passes for 500-5000 Baht per vehicle.

This way we will get from one day to the next minimum 50% of all vehicles of the road.

This Phuket Traffic Tax money will be spend for FREE pulic transport with building of a MRT and modern bus lines around the island.

Till the MRT and bus lines around the island are full functional every Thai who is registered here gets free a new Honda Wave or similar.

Within 2-4 years we will have the best roads in SEA if this Tax money is only spend here and only for improvement of Traffic/Public Transport.

A solution is so easy but it's only a day dream..............

I say it again, other than having the police stay home, the only other way to fix traffic is to install concrete separator for every single lane. Thus every person on the 3rd lane on the left on Thep road will have to turn left at the intersection and not block the traffic by merging into the middle lanes after having cut people off.

An other way to help traffic would be to ban vios/almera's from traffic, just look at the intersection going north on the chaofa west @ the weekend market. If you wait on the left lane for the straight green light you wait 3 to 6 lights(so up to 20mins) but if you cut by the right theres ALWAYS 4-5 people in almera's or vios with 15-25m free in front of them because they are taking too long to move at a decent speed. Cutting in front of them by the turning lane saves you 5 to 20mins depending on traffic. Same goes on most roads. I save 15-35m time on my gf's times on 15-20km distance just by constantly cutting illegally in front of slow vios/almera's at every intersection.

But that one is just a dream, its insane how slow people are. Just try it. Go on chaofa west and in front of the villa zolitude/right after the tiger muy thai street going south, go by the right and cut everyone at the light if its red. I swear that if you accelerate to 50kph in 7-8secs(which isnt fast) you won't have a single car in your rear view mirror as soon as the bend is over. Most of the traffic is from slow cars/drivers.

I agree but allows me to add a third option.

The government should begin to educate their voters that a car is intended as transport and not a motorhome and that it will help both them and the country by less use of vehicles and more use of alternative transport as bicycle or walk when destination is nearby. In a climate that rarely need protection from the weather its a shame that the Government have ruined most of Thailand with all the intensives given to buy a car. In not so far future they will regret and hefty taxes will follow both on buying a vehicle, road tax and ownership of a car / motorcycle.

I am surprised. A very practical solution that totally makes sense for once. Now they just need to enforce it... sure... haha.

Also what about 9am - 4pm. It's crowded even around that time near the monument circle because of asshats parking on the road.

Too lazy to walk a few meters and too ignorant to care about others. Now even more and more businesses on the side of the road put cones on the left lane to clame the road for themselves. Unbelievable.

Fine these antisocial people to the ground. 1k THB fine and give the officer 50% of that to motivate him. And fire the officer if he neglects his duty.

You'll see how quickly the problem solves itself.

But we all know what's gonna happen. Same like when the army cleared the road going east from the monument circle. All occupiers are back in even bigger numbers.

If you park on a red line in London, your car is picked up onto a low loader in about 20 minutes and gone. You then have to pay God knows how much to get it back. No one parks on them, not even with disabled permits. It works!

SIMPLE!