You cannot compare everything to your home country

drronnie

I already chuckle when my farang compatriots complain that they cannot get the stuff like in their home countries or they have to pay a lot.

Example somebody was complaining that the Seven Eleven sausages sucked and there was no mustard. Well I told him that we are in Thailand and it is mostly targeting the Thai market and Thai people are not that fond of mustard and they actually like the sausages. Well I had to endure a lecture about how delicious the sausages are in Germany. No idea what to do with these kind of people. Lol[emoji12]

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Just common sense would satisfy me. My g/f made the mistake of hiring family to dig a well on her property. They got down 5 feet and have disappeared for the last 3 days. The well has water in it so she will put down tile. Her mother insisted on her brother doing the job ha ha ha. You talk of sausages well 4 years ago my daughter brought some summer sausage with her and my g/f could not get enough of it. We cried when the last piece disappeared. Reminds me of the old Indian saying "Me know how all me needum is chance"

You say Thais don't like mustard, fair enough. But they are not big on cheese either, however, lots of food has cheese on it. You cannot get a plain ham sandwich in 7eleven, it has cheese on, burger joints have cheese on everything, even the fish, and in Subway, where you select your own fillings, they automatically put a cheese slice on unless you tell them you don't want it and never even requested it !

By the way, I don't like cheese. Rant over.

They are not sausages, they are hot dogs. And they would suck no matter where they were in the world, so I don't see how it matters that they're in Thailand.

yup...

foodland sells acceptable sausages if you need any. along with acceptable mustard. because uk/us mustards really suck as well.

'Well I had to endure a lecture about how delicious the sausages are in Germany. No idea what to do with these kind of people'

I know what to do with these people .. give them an extremely wide berth. These people will drag you down and depress the life out of you.

Most of these people are shall we say, in their 'twilight years' with little to do other than moan and brag about their land or houses. Yet some of us are too busy living to hang around those beer haunts with those silver foxes.

'Well I had to endure a lecture about how delicious the sausages are in Germany. No idea what to do with these kind of people'

I know what to do with these people .. give them an extremely wide berth. These people will drag you down and depress the life out of you.

Most of these people are shall we say, in their 'twilight years' with little to do other than moan and brag about their land or houses. Yet some of us are too busy living to hang around those beer haunts with those silver foxes.

Indeed. Would rather cut off my arm than sit in a bar with a bunch of people criticizing Thais and Thailand. Why would anyone eat the crap available in a Seven Eleven anyway? Good sausage is available in supermarkets and butcher shops. I buy a mustard in Makro from Australia that comes in two versions. I buy the one with a warning label "Not for the fainthearted" Hahndorf Hot Mustard.

Funny how this has degenerated into a discourse on the "cuisine" at 7/11 -

But I agree with your general premise - people who complain about everything get boring real fast and are not much fun to hang out with… Seems the positive people have pretty good lives here and find plenty to enjoy, while the negative ones, well…

Choice is pretty simple, you can enjoy life or complain about it...

You say Thais don't like mustard, fair enough. But they are not big on cheese either, however, lots of food has cheese on it. You cannot get a plain ham sandwich in 7eleven, it has cheese on, burger joints have cheese on everything, even the fish, and in Subway, where you select your own fillings, they automatically put a cheese slice on unless you tell them you don't want it and never even requested it !

By the way, I don't like cheese. Rant over.

Thais don't make cheese, they make a yellow material resembling glue in stasis. Some of the best cheeses in the world come from Tasmania and Gippsland; however, perhaps I'm biased. I love cheese and cream, but they don't like me so there's no point in consuming them.

The OP is making the point about the whingers that say whatever is not as good as in their country of origin. However, Thailand has many things which are a lot better and that's why most of us are here.biggrin.png

A friend of mine from the US came to visit in November. She asked if there was anything she could bring me. I said yes, I miss having grits (google it) with my breakfast eggs occasionally. She said she would bring me some, She arrived with an extra suitcase containing eight, five pound bags! Enough for me to eat grits for the next four years! gigglem.gif

HINT! YOUR IN THAILAND. Don,t like it pleaseeeeeee go home.

Stupid statement.

Most people do miss certain things from their home country, they lived there long enough.

I imagine that if a friend, I am summising you have some, brought you a delicacy from you home country, whilst on a visit, you would decline the offer, and explain to him politely you are now living in Thailand ?

It is one of life's pleasures - to go to Tops or Foodland and to pay 7 dollars for a small piece of Emmental cheese, and then another 7 dollars for a genuine pack of Italian salami slices. Isn't this why we all came to Thailand?

Not cheese, but I don't mind paying for imported goods, shipping comes at a cost.

Many people buy various items off internet sites, and willingly pay postage and packing, because it is something they want.

I did not come to Thailand to eat cheap Thai food from street vendors.