motorcycle owner transfer

rodknock

i am buying a 2015 motorcycle from a guy from the uk. the bike is registered, tax paid, insurance and green book in pattaya.

he is going to bring it up from Pattaya, where the bike is registered.

what paper work do i need to transfer the ownership in to my name.

i will be using the land transport office at bang chak.

thanks

Unless you are totally confident with the process and as he's bringing it himself then get him to accompany you along with the bike and transfer the bike there and then.

You will need a certificate of residence and if he has the green book, paid the tax then all the paperwork is at the DLT.

Last bike I bought, the tax had expired - so I checked the frame, VIN and name on the book. He and his wife accompanied me to the DLT, his wife completed all the papers which were checked by the staff, paid the insurance and tax up to date, and I registered the bike in my own province without any problems.

Others will tell you that the previous owner should sign the green book and a copy of his passport is OK ( which is true ) - others will warn you of dodgy bikes and sellers - if the guy wants to sell the bike, get him to take a couple of hours out and finalize the deal.

Edited by recom273

he has since, said he will go with me to the DLT to do the transfer.

issue solved

Easy then .. Make sure you have your end sorted - that's either a work permit ( preferably with your current address ) or valid certificate of residence from immigration.

Hope the bike works out

he has since, said he will go with me to the DLT to do the transfer.

issue solved

If you're looking to change the registration to Bangkok area then you'll probably need to do that at Chatuchak. Bang Chak refused to do it for me, said I had to go to the main office.