Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, there's no point arguing over who twisted words and its irrelevant about who’s telling lies right now.

The fact of the matter is Laura W, is attacking the Thai Police and the Thai Authorities. Let's make it clear, she is NOT attacking the B2 who have been convicted of the rape and murder of her sister. Her statements are very brave and bold. Considering the RTP have supposedly got the right culprits, I wonder why these statements are being made now. Is there new information about to be revealed..?

I agree and doubt that Laura is telling lies. I say this because when one considers the heartache of the Witheridge family's loss, it's very unlikely Hannah's sister is now stepping out of line. IMHO she's only saying what the rest of the family also think about the whole investigation and judicial process.

Apart from the fact that Andy Hall and the Witheridges are British nationals, who would have thought that now they have so much more in common. Their common enemy is INJUSTICE, and so in a strange way they have a shared objective, even though they may not actually be friends.

DNA evidence in the Kho Tao Verdict is being openly challenged.

The author is a internationally recognized, well-known, well respected senior barrister (trial lawyer) from Perth.

Open letters to:

(1) the Public Prosecutor of Koh Samui Province

(2) the Thailand Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standards

(3) the Thailand Bureau of Laboratory Accreditation, both part of the Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health.

“This finding was made in spite of the following facts [each of which violates the standards of ISO 17025]: the police claimed they had ‘used up’ all the original mixed semen samples; there were no chain of custody documents in evidence; there were inadequate case notes; no statistical analysis was performed; hand-written changes were made to documents without explanation; a used condom was not made available to the defense, and stamps were not present on documents."

“There was no reference in the judgement as to when the laboratory obtained the accreditation, the extent of the accreditation or which body gave the accreditation.”

The three recipients are asked who accredited the laboratories for ISO 17025 in relation to human DNA testing and matching, and the scope of the accreditation.

The author sets forth the time honored principal that it must be “shown that the DNA testing was carried out in accordance with standards that allow the defense team to verify the test results and conclusions.” AND that the Courts of Justice be made fully aware of the extent of accreditation (or non-accreditation) of the laboratories.”

post-206952-0-60386300-1453034816_thumb.

post-206952-0-51213300-1453034825_thumb.

post-206952-0-53227800-1453034834_thumb.

Edited by iReason

I edited out the top few thread items because I had a message from the system in read, saying that to many threads were being wuoted... Not to hide anything.

Then the system went ahead and added the deletions to the end anyway, you may try, but it seems winning is often elusive.

Is this English?

The author is a internationally recognized, well-known, well respected senior barrister (trial lawyer) from Perth.

Open letters to:

(3) the Thailand Bureau of Laboratory Accreditation, both part of the Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health.

“This finding was made in spite of the following facts [each of which violates the standards of ISO 17025]: the police claimed they had ‘used up’ all the original mixed semen samples; there were no chain of custody documents in evidence; there were inadequate case notes; no statistical analysis was performed; hand-written changes were made to documents without explanation; a used condom was not made available to the defense, and stamps were not present on documents."

“There was no reference in the judgement as to when the laboratory obtained the accreditation, the extent of the accreditation or which body gave the accreditation.”

The three recipients are asked who accredited the laboratories for ISO 17025 in relation to human DNA testing and matching, and the scope of the accreditation.

The author sets forth the time honored principal that it must be “shown that the DNA testing was carried out in accordance with standards that allow the defense team to verify the test results and conclusions.” AND that the Courts of Justice be made fully aware of the extent of accreditation (or non-accreditation) of the laboratories.”

I hope the defence are able to make better use of Ms Taupin and her extensive knowledge in the appeal. What she writes makes so much sense even to the uninitiated like me.

Only a deeply embedded shill/troll/apologist for the prosecutors could read her statement and yet still be blinkered to what are clearly facts of international law.

The dna "report" isn't worth the paper it was scribbled/crossed out/amended/disfigured/altered/uncorroborated on!

Just to note that the only person who on ThaiVisa said that he was at the AC Bar the night in question, who would know the (person of influence) on sight, and said that, at least for the time he was at the bar, did not see the (person of influence), was hooted by persons on here for so posting.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/page-185#entry9660041

Hardly credible though, 7 posts member since when and how do you know it is a he?

post-117835-0-19093200-1453047926_thumb.

Again misdirection

I edited out the top few thread items because I had a message from the system in read, saying that to many threads were being wuoted... Not to hide anything.

Then the system went ahead and added the deletions to the end anyway, you may try, but it seems winning is often elusive.

Is this English?

Fair question, I suppose.

Transpose read with red, and wuoted with quoted, then I believe that we are using English, or at least, the American version of it

If that doesn't help your understanding, nothing will

Open letters to:

And the pressure is racheted up further. It won't be long before the only people agreeing with the verdict will be the RTP, a few 'persons of influence' on Koh Tao and a few internet shills (or is that the case already :D )

That's about sums it up Han. laugh.png

If you look at the bottom of the page, you'll see, they have all fled.

I'm still waiting for a Troll response to this:

“This finding was made in spite of the following facts: [each of which violates the standards of ISO 17025]:
1. The police claimed they had ‘used up’ all the original mixed semen samples.
2. There were no chain of custody documents in evidence.
3. There were inadequate case notes.
4. No statistical analysis was performed.
5. Hand-written changes were made to documents without explanation.
6. A used condom was not made available to the defense, and stamps were not present on documents.
Edited by iReason

Open letters to:

post-117835-0-52226000-1453054999_thumb.

post-117835-0-12546700-1453055025_thumb.

post-117835-0-22204500-1453055053_thumb.

Trial report:

The results of the DNA tests on the exhibited cigarette butts indicated that the second defendant and Mr Mau Mau had smoked the exhibited cigarettes, which was confirmed by the testimonies of the two defendants that they took it in turns to smoke the same exhibited cigarettes.

This indicates that the examination conducted by the Central Forensic Bureau was accurate and correct thus giving weight to the credibility of the test results and indicating that the test results are admissible.

It indicates nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing ... sweet <deleted>

Just to note that the only person who on ThaiVisa said that he was at the AC Bar the night in question, who would know the (person of influence) on sight, and said that, at least for the time he was at the bar, did not see the (person of influence), was hooted by persons on here for so posting.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/page-185#entry9660041

Hardly credible though, 7 posts member since when and how do you know it is a he?

< snip >

Again misdirection

No misdirection -- the only report on ThaiVisa from anyone who claims to have been at the AC Bar that evening and would know the person referenced on sight. No other person who was a friend of the late Ms. Witheridge or in her company that evening has come forward either with any information that she had any altercation with anyone in the bar that night.

The poster said last JULY 2015: "I very rarely post on these forums." As to gender, the first post using that name is:

"My Thai girlfriend has just completed & printed her visa application to travel to the UK with me" so maybe she is a lesbian.

Edited by JLCrab

that screenshot is only a PARTIAL of what she wrote, notice how its truncated by cocanuts,the original post rambled on how "most Thai people hate foreigners" and "Thai people do not value human life" and some other racist shit..Why is cocanuts spinning it like this, if your gonna report it then report what she really said.

Kind of OT but how can Sharky stand up to and challenge the Police reports with nothing happening to him? AFAIK Laura did not engage in any illegal activity while in Thailand but can be prosecuted for doing something "illegal" outside of Thailand?

Having my loving pet cat being savaged to death by a Thai dog pack last night I now have an empathy on how Lara is feeling about her murdered sister, which is considerably more heartbreaking. For her to make a statement about how the Rtp failed her family needed to be said. She needs justice for her sister not a total cover up, IMO. I hope the appeals court overturn the local court's verdict, but I don't hold out a lot of hope here in Thailand. Sorry, Laura, I really am.

Open letters to:

attachicon.gifIY TF 170116 1st.jpg

attachicon.gifIY TF 170116 1.jpg

attachicon.gifIY TF 170116 3.jpg

Trial report:

The results of the DNA tests on the exhibited cigarette butts indicated that the second defendant and Mr Mau Mau had smoked the exhibited cigarettes, which was confirmed by the testimonies of the two defendants that they took it in turns to smoke the same exhibited cigarettes.

This indicates that the examination conducted by the Central Forensic Bureau was accurate and correct thus giving weight to the credibility of the test results and indicating that the test results are admissible.

It indicates nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing ... sweet <deleted>

Now be fair. As I mentioned earlier it indicates the B2 could be guilty of littering in a public place.wink.png Nothing else though.

Edited by Isitjustme

Isn't that the petition the was delivered October 18, 2014 to Downing Street and the reason they then announced that Thailand agreed to allow UK police to help with the investigation? You also have to be a UK citizen to sign an official petition in the UK as with most countries.

The reason that an investigation commenced in 2014 could be standard protocol as requested by the victims next-of-kin according to the FCO /Police Chiefs /Coroners Memo July 2012 regarding Murder of British nationals Overseas with or without any petition.

On that Change-org petition for Mr. Harkins his byline reads: honolulu city United States Minor Outlying Islands.

So most likely Mr. Harkins is not a UK citizen which may be why this is a change-org petition and not an official UK petition that with sufficient support would legally require a response from Parliament or others in the UK Government.

Not allowed to criticize the government, nor the police, the king, religion. Not allowed to criticize anything in Thailand. It's probably the best country in the world to put your hard-earned money and pensions into. Nothing to criticize and if there finally is something to criticize. Then you not allowed. Love Thailand. facepalm.gif

Good one!....yes, celebrate mediocrity,banish critical thinking.......wai2.gif

Why are they "prosecuting" - the girl is not even in Thailand! Is this some sort of face saving activity? Waste of time and resources for the happiness of some Thai authorities. Perhaps some authorative people believe that by patting themselves on the back they will go forward? Sheesh! I thought this was Thailand NOT la la land blink.png

Why are they "prosecuting" - the girl is not even in Thailand! Is this some sort of face saving activity? Waste of time and resources for the happiness of some Thai authorities. Perhaps some authorative people believe that by patting themselves on the back they will go forward? Sheesh! I thought this was Thailand NOT la la land blink.png

Same, same?

I'm waiting to see the extradition order to get her to a Thai court, from a country that recognizes free speech on social media.................rolleyes.gif

I also wait in anticipation for Thailand to explain exactly what was wrong with what she apparently said in respect to truth......................wink.png

its only the usual 'knee-jerk' reaction to any form of criticism.

I find this culture profoundly interesting where the concept of critical-thinking is deliberately submerged under endless forms of celebrated mediocrity.

It's absurd how the hierarchical bureaucracy,that for centuries has known only its own way, can think to threaten authoritative measures in the small part of the world that is not Thailand. If they were given rubber bands and whiskey and told to affect the moon,would they attempt that too?

Thailand can be a wonderful place...until something goes wrong.

Maybe that is why she repeatedly used the term " what if I tell you"

This " implies more than states... Perhaps she knew enough about thailands laws, or had been advised not to openly critise the country et al, after all, to avoid the threat of persecution ( oops, prosecution), which does seem to have failed anyway

By the way... Love the la la land comment...,takes me way back to my childhood ?

This " implies more than states... Perhaps she knew enough about thailands laws, or had been advised not to openly critise the country et al, after all, to avoid the threat of persecution ( oops, prosecution), which does seem to have failed anyway

By the way... Love the la la land comment...,takes me way back to my childhood ?

Perhaps some Thai authorities are still in their childhood? gigglem.gif

And I might suggest an amendment to HaleySabai's comment about "hierarchical bureaucracy" to hierarchical idiocracy (bureaucratic idiots?) whistling.gif

Over the past couple of days, in open forum, I have asked what a troll and a shill is/ are

I now know the simple answer... Lucky 11... Hey.... How much does a shill make?

He's on my ignore list but it doesn't seem to work when i am using the phone app. Why not!

Guess you'll just have to put up with me then and wait until they modify the phone ap you are using.

I don't think people should be called shills because they hold unpopular opinions; and I'd rather not shut out anyone's voice by ignoring them. But some people here seem to be more interested in stirring the pot for its own sake, or pushing an agenda. So, fortunately I'm on my laptop, and this is the last of your posts I'll have to look at, unquoted at least.

Why are they "prosecuting" - the girl is not even in Thailand! Is this some sort of face saving activity? Waste of time and resources for the happiness of some Thai authorities. Perhaps some authorative people believe that by patting themselves on the back they will go forward? Sheesh! I thought this was Thailand NOT la la land http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/blinding /img]

What a load nonsense, do you really think she gives a rat's arse about Thai law when she is located in the UK - it amazes me how anyone can ever consider that the Thais have any say outside their own small sphere of influence.....