cost to insure a kawasaki 650cc .

dirtycash

what is the average cost to insure a 2014 kawasaki er6n 650cc year 2014 ,price 200k. also cost tax per year. and what would that cover ? i mean i had a mitsu triton and in 1 year i had 2 accidents, none really bad just panels bashed badly , none my fault , yet i had to pay to get my own truck fixed even though i had insurance.

thanks.

Edited by dirtycash

You can probably get the lowest form of compulsory government insurance for less than 1k baht.

Good luck should someone walk out in front of you or a mother with her kid on their scooter pull across your lane without looking.

2 things I refuse to drive in Thailand without - a dashcam, 1st class insurance that has bailbond included.

I have a 3 year old 650 and paid the minimum compulsory 1000 bath or so.

If you can drive and only drive it a few months per year it should be enough.

That's the thing though, if it isn't enough - given Thailand's massively unpredictable road users, and DELETED should something happen - one is going to wish that he had gotten decent insurance that covers all parties, all vehicles, and all bail. Otherwise one could easily find oneself locked in a police cell, with 20 Thais watching you poop in a bucket everyday until your life savings have been cleared out to cover compensation and damage and police 'bills'.

Other countries, not such a big issue, in Thailand, it definitely is.

Good luck with your decision, I hope you get the right package that you need at a good price.

Edited by seedy
disrespectful

You can probably get the lowest form of compulsory government insurance for less than 1k baht.

Good luck should someone walk out in front of you or a mother with her kid on their scooter pull across your lane without looking.

2 things I refuse to drive in Thailand without - a dashcam, 1st class insurance that has bailbond included.

even if i had a decent enough insurance and someone banged into me then surely as allways the foreigner is to blame.

example - drunk woman on back of motorbike taxi with english bf. she was waving bottle whiskey and shouting and taxi banged into me, no damage caused to anyone, drunk thai woman lies on ground screaming that her leg was bashed, not a mark on her. police come, i pointed to security cameras cctv and told police to go look at them to see who was at fault, english bf backed me up .

guess who paid ? its an f *******g joke

Edited by dirtycash

^ Depends on the area and police.

But quite common.

It's why one has 1st class insurance with bail bond.

Any accident or incident and you just give the police and other parties the number and tell them that they will only be dealing with the insurance rep, not you. Then repeat it should they try anything else on.

One Post Edited. Forum rule - 1) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

even if i had a decent enough insurance and someone banged into me then surely as allways the foreigner is to blame.

example - drunk woman on back of motorbike taxi with english bf. she was waving bottle whiskey and shouting and taxi banged into me, no damage caused to anyone, drunk thai woman lies on ground screaming that her leg was bashed, not a mark on her. police come, i pointed to security cameras cctv and told police to go look at them to see who was at fault, english bf backed me up .

guess who paid ? its an f *******g joke

For what its worth my BMW 1150RT insurance premium went up more than 50% last year. I was told that it was because so many more big bikes and accidents. All very well says I but I have never claimed in 20 years. After turning down their generous offer I ended up with another company who supplied class 1 on a 500k bike for 17k. This also has a fair amount of legal fees and medical fees attached.