What really goes on at 6am in Pattaya?

Inspire

LIFESTYLE

What really goes on at 6am in Pattaya?

pattaya-morning.jpg

Pattaya takes on a very different guise before the morning sun has arisen

The streets are clear of traffic and the scatterings of individuals that can be seen are somewhat of a Pattaya cliché. As I drove through the streets it was a truly indulging experience, but you needed to be aware and look hard to see the detail.

The air was certainly fresher in these early hours and the morning smell of chicken being barbequed ready for those Thais finishing or just starting work was common throughout the city centre. Along beach road many a road sweep could be seen sweeping the pavements; whilst those men in red, green or orange taxi vests could be seen intimately along the streets looking to get a customer home from the late night bars or clubs.

The Soi dogs were more apparent due to the absent of people, all in small packs of threes and fours. But most of all, Pattaya was calm and at peace, for by 8am the streets would be busy again and the town would take on its characteristic bustle.

“…a young Thai girl seen on the back of a taxi bike would whizz past me – her job at Walking Street was done, the party was over…”

A drive down some of the forgotten beer Soi’s revealed some activity. These roads that still take on the ‘charm’ of Pattaya some 15 years ago would show the odd, older foreigner still perched in a bar – on their own – drinking a large bottle of Leo. Cleaners was very common in my observation, mopping bar floors seemed to be the job of choice.

Read more: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/really-goes-6am-pattaya/

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-01-16

i always loved the early AM to get up for a walk about. cooler, air is cleaner, it is quieter, some eateries are open or opening. Some morning deliveries are happening and I so wish good things for the honest hard working folks. Some cute office or hotel staff ladies are buzzing by on their scooters on the way to work. Best of all is the quiet. Occasionally catch a scent of some incense in the air.

i always loved the early AM to get up for a walk about. cooler, air is cleaner, it is quieter, some eateries are open or opening. Some morning deliveries are happening and I so wish good things for the honest hard working folks. Some cute office or hotel staff ladies are buzzing by on their scooters on the way to work. Best of all is the quiet. Occasionally catch a scent of some incense in the air.

When I'm in Pattaya that's the best time for beach road walks......... too early for the nasty people.smile.png

When I'm in Pattaya that's the best time for beach road walks......... too early for the nasty people.smile.png
or too late depends how you look at it

Reminds me of when I was a bouncer in nightclubs when I was in college,seeing the club afterhours....No glitter see it how it really is......pretty filthy.

Edited by NickJ

As has been said, the air is cool, especially now.

l generally walk about 3 or 4 kms in a circuit.

Only ever had trouble once with dogs.

Some Monks actually smile at me now.

Best time of the day.

Then home for a shower & a cup of good strong coffee.

Best time of the day.

Is pepper spray illegal in Thailand, like it is here in Singapore?

Just thinking it might be a viable soi dog defense......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

Hmmmmm. Times must have changed.

When I used to walk back to the hotel along Beach Rd at 6am after a long night in the WS discos I always had to run the ladyboy picket line biggrin.png .

Best time of the day.

Is pepper spray illegal in Thailand, like it is here in Singapore?

Just thinking it might be a viable soi dog defense......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

Don't know.

l carry a few hefty stones just in case, but only had to use one once.

The cur took off yelping.

Luckily it was not part of a pack.

When I was here first time in 1998, I often went to bed at about 0600 - 0800 after having the hotel breakfast and then sleep all day long, crazy man.

Now I also wake up at about 0600 for preparing sending our boy to school, yes nice and quiet and nice sitting out at the patio with a cup of tea and watching the sun goes up.

When I was here first time in 1998, I often went to bed at about 0600 - 0800 after having the hotel breakfast and then sleep all day long, crazy man.

Now I also wake up at about 0600 for preparing sending our boy to school, yes nice and quiet and nice sitting out at the patio with a cup of tea and watching the sun goes up.

Waking at 6am??? Thats my nightmare.