Five student activists defy judicial power

rooster59

Five student activists defy judicial power

12-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: Five student activists of the so-called New Democracy Group today said they will not give themselves up to the police after the Bangkok Military Court issued warrants for their arrest on Wednesday.

Reading a joint statement in defiance of the judicial power at the Thonburi railway station late today, Siravich Serithiwat, alias Ja New, and four activists said they did not understand the reason to issue arrest for them as they did nothing wrong.

Besides they have not had any movement to run away, he said.

Another activist Ms Chonthicha Chaengraew admitted that she was afraid of being rearrested but is ready to face the arrest.

She said she would not seek bail if arrested again today and was ready to defend under the firm standing of the group to oppose what she called “dictatorial rule”.

She said she believed if her group is arrested more students of the group will have a movement.

After reading the statement, the students took out the warrant paper of the Royal Thai Police to fold into a bird to send message of opposing dictatorial rule and demanding the quick restoration of democracy, freedom and justice in the country.

The Bangkok Military Court on Wednesday issued warrants for the arrest of six activists of the so-called New Democracy Group for defying a junta’s order banning political gathering of more than five people.

The arrest warrants stemmed from a request of the Thonburi railway police for the illegal political gathering of the six activists on December 7 last year to demand an investigation into suspected corruption in the construction of the Rajabhakti park project in Hua Hin.

Facing police arrests are Siravich Serithiwat, alias Ja New, Ms Chonthicha Chaengraew, Ms Chanoknan Ruamsap, Mr Korakot Saengyenphan, Mr Abhisit Sapnapaphan and Mr Thanet Anantawong.

Earlier, five members of the group have reported themselves to Thonburi railway police leaving behind the six who have declined to show up before the police.

Tags: defiant, defy, Ja New, Judicial power, New Democracy group, political gathering, politics, Rajabhakti Park, Siravich Serithiwat, The Bangkok Military Court, Thonburi railway police, Thonburi railway station.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/146958

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-16

"She said she believed if her group is arrested more students of the group will have a movement."

Yes, it seems everyone has the movements with the junta now.

Good on the students. About time we saw some Thai backbone against those who took control for the sole purpose of self preservation and protection of their little empires.

"She said she believed if her group is arrested more students of the group will have a movement."

Good on the students. About time we saw some Thai backbone against those who took control for the sole purpose of self preservation and protection of their little empires.

Not like Pheu Thai and the Shinawatra brood then!!??

Edited by metisdead
2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

.... Besides they have not had any movement to run away, he said. ...

Frozen stiff?

... She said she believed if her group is arrested more students of the group will have a movement ...

They gonna move it, move it!

I wonder, is it bad translation, bad editing or is it just me?

Shouldn't it be motivation?

Yep, pretty much like that. So why don't you dislike the military usurpers as much as the Shins? Red guards scratched your car? Or insulted a loved one?

These are likely to be the politicians of tomorrow...

Good on them, the more publicity they get the more stupid the current government looks.

I agree.

Doing the bidding of someone else in order to have the chance to further their own interests. Monstrous hypocrisy no object :they aren't bothered about corruption one little bit.

If these saps really had any ethics, they would have been out protesting against corruption under Pheu-Thai and then the disgraceful amnesty bill.

I'll bet my house they didn't. What a sad joke this country is.

Some posts in violation of the UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS have been removed:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed. Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

Please check the entire list of forum rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Other off topic obfuscation posts have been removed as well.

Correct....nothing like PT and the Shin brood........

Ah , those students, the girls in the military are still smarting from the last time they meet en-mass, keep up the good work people you have support even though it is from the wrong quarter, support none the less, perhaps it may even catch on........................clap2.gif

Good on them, the more publicity they get the more stupid the current government looks.

I agree.

Doing the bidding of someone else in order to have the chance to further their own interests. Monstrous hypocrisy no object :they aren't bothered about corruption one little bit.

If these saps really had any ethics, they would have been out protesting against corruption under Pheu-Thai and then the disgraceful amnesty bill.

Few things are more worthless than a hypocrite and his arguments.

Bad translation, but who does the translating? rooster59 appears to be part of t.v. News team. What was said is on record somewhere I suppose, but since t.v. needs as much traffic as it can get, discussion based on misunderstanding is desirable.

Edited by tgeezer

I agree.

How do you know they were'nt?

Perhaps they despised the corruption and were preparing like many others to not vote for them at the Election.

Five is a small group but they have to start somewhere.

Anyone else care to join in.

Five is better than burying your head in the sand and pretending everything in the garden is rosey.

Respect to the brave students, evryone single person on this plantet has the right to think and the right to speak without fear.

.... Besides they have not had any movement to run away, he said. ...

Frozen stiff?

... She said she believed if her group is arrested more students of the group will have a movement ...

They gonna move it, move it!

I wonder, is it bad translation, bad editing or is it just me?

Shouldn't it be motivation?

Just you.

bah.gif What a dumb comment.

I agree.

Perhaps they despised the corruption and were preparing like many others to not vote for them at the Election.

They were actually, thousands of them http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/11/thailand-protests-amnesty-bill

I agree.

They were actually, thousands of them http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/11/thailand-protests-amnesty-bill

Shame then that the same protestors blockaded the polling stations instead of voting the PAD into office. Could it be that despite the amnesty bill the PTP would still have won by a landslide?

They in effect chose military rule over democracy and are now reaping the whirlwind.

Shame then that the same protestors blockaded the polling stations instead of voting the PAD into office. Could it be that despite the amnesty bill the PTP would still have won by a landslide?

They in effect chose military rule over democracy and are now reaping the whirlwind.

Nothing democratic about PTP or any other Shin owned political party.

People expected so much when they voted for PTP and a fresh faced Yingluck. Then they got the same old Thaksin trickery and deceit. The mass protests against his attempted whitewash and positioning above and beyond the law paved the way for the Junta to take over. Again the people expected so much.

Hopefully, the younger people, will realize a real difference is needs in the political spectrum.

This democracy group should stage demonstrations of FOUR people in key locations for set periods of time so that only four people are protesting at any given moment and each time they do it in different locations.

2pm - 3pm four of them protest at Victory Monument.

3pm - 4pm four different people protest outside Siam Paragon.

And so forth.

Then watch the military bullies squirm and go back on their word as they bend their own rules to arrest them, since they are too stupid and predictable to see how it would compound their bad publicity.

My girlfriend asked after dinner why I was so giving to all her family ...except her brother ?

I said I can't reconcile my disdain in general for thai males coward ness

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

At least sons of Thailand need to man up

Edited by Plutojames88

Nothing democratic about PTP or any other Shin owned political party.

People expected so much when they voted for PTP and a fresh faced Yingluck. Then they got the same old Thaksin trickery and deceit. The mass protests against his attempted whitewash and positioning above and beyond the law paved the way for the Junta to take over. Again the people expected so much.

Hopefully, the younger people, will realize a real difference is needs in the political spectrum.

You keep banging on about how undemocratic the "Shins" were, but as I said in my post you could have voted them out but chose instead to blockade the poling stations giving the military an excuse to stage a coup. *Cutting off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.