Bike Tax

Dave84

Hi there,

I have foolishly let my bike tax expire and have had a look online but am still a little unsure about the procedure to sort it out. I work during the week so it makes it hard to get to the DLT during the week, any ideas on the easiest way to sort this.

Cheers

My buddy at the bike shop (and other bike shops I know) routinely do it for their customers for a small fee. They normally need the green book and the bike for a couple hours or a day, depending where you are. For my scooter they often did it without needing the bike but for the Harley they needed it as they like to copy the serial number each time.

I just did my Harley myself yesterday - only needed the green book. Did the scooter in September, same thing, just needed the green book.

If you are in Pattaya the quickest and easiest way is doing it yourself at the Big C on Sukumvit just south of South Pattaya Rd (Pattaya Tai).

DLT sets up a table near the cashiers every Saturday.

You can get insurance at one of the offices just across the street (north side) then take the insurance and green book to the DLT people. Passport or driver's licence are not required.

If the bike is 5 years old (7 for cars) you will need to have it inspected also.

Thanks for the responses!

I think the going through a bike shop/dealer is probably my best route in this case. Scooter is only 3 or 4 years old so should be OK for the inspection. I'm located in central Bangkok (Near Phaya Thai/Ratchethewi), any recommendations on a reliable place to go? Or a place I can explain in incredibly limited Thai.

Thanks again guys!