Foreign man found dead on NZ yacht off Phuket

rooster59

Foreign man found dead on NZ yacht off Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-07830200-1453547645_thumb.

Police recovered the body after 11am today (Jan 23). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Police are attempting to identify a foreign man whose body was found on a New Zealand-registered yacht anchored off Phuket’s Nai Harn Beach this morning (Jan 23).

A local hotel worker passing the yacht – the Waitane II, sailing under a New Zealand flag – on a dinghy reported the death to police at about 10:30am, said Maj Thada Sodarat of the Chalong Police.

“He said that he boarded and inspected the yacht after noticing a stench emanating from the vessel, and that’s when he found the body and immediately called the police,” Capt Sodarat said.

Police believe the man had died about 10 days before his body was discovered.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/foreign-man-found-dead-on-nz-yacht-off-phuket-55905.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-23

Noticed a stench coming from it ? Really ? What was he doing that close he could actually smell anything ?

I think it more likely he went on board to steal something and got a shock when he saw the body and was worried he would be accused of killing him.

Noticed a stench coming from it ? Really ? What was he doing that close he could actually smell anything ?

I think it more likely he went on board to steal something and got a shock when he saw the body and was worried he would be accused of killing him.

I'm guessing you haven't been around many decomposing bodies. If the breeze is in the right direction the stench can be detected from many metres away. No need to get close up.

3 Kiwis found dead in one day. The islands there must almost be empty by now.

May they all RIP.

No worries Bro---I'm still here to keep the flag waving.RIP to that poor bugger ---hope he didn't suffer too much

Edited by biplanebluey

A very serious accusation.Libelous!

That's a yacht?blink.png

Google definitions of yachts. This is what you will find. All yachts are boats, but not all boats are yachts. The old fashioned definition of a yacht was 30 feet or 10 meters but nowadays that's expanded to be more than 60 feet or 20 meters. This boat in this picture would hardly qualify as the lifeboat that should hang off the side of a modern yacht.

I'm guessing you haven't been around many decomposing bodies. If the breeze is in the right direction the stench can be detected from many metres away. No need to get close up.

Very true, can be smelt for a long distance.

Well, the article states he was on his way to work in a dinghy and

as he passed the yacht he smelled something awful. Did you see

how far out the yacht was anchored? I'd have some questions as

well.

Correction: It stated he is a hotel worker and NOT that he was on

his way to work. A thousand pardons smile.png

Edited by Dap

That is the most rediculous comment that I have seen on this site....