Do you use apple tv in your home in Thailand?

davidst01

I also have the old Apple TV and agree the comments made by Lite Beer.

The picture quality on Sky News and Netflix appears to be very close to HD quality. I can also receive, but rarely watch, ABC News and some other US-based news services--none of them as good as Sky News.

The picture quality of Sky News on the Apple TV service-the international edition of Sky News--is better than the UK-sourced version on Thai Ex-Pat TV. However, you may also like to watch the UK adverts to know what you could/or could NOT be missing back in Blighty...sad.png Netflix programme offerings in Thailand are relatively poor compared with the UK.

I have looked at the specs of the new Applle TV box and cannot see anything there that would be of value to me outside the UK or US.

I also have an older Apple TV but there's no Sky News App on the home page. Any tips how to get it. I'm in Thailand BTW.

You could always use a UK VPN, load the live stream on your computer and then use AirPlay to stream it to your Apple TV.

Love my ATV. I gave my old one to my in laws when I bought the latest. Works great for what everyone said, plus I really love it for YouTube. The ATV Netflix app is great. If you have the bandwidth, be sure to get ultra hd, just stunning.

I also have the old Apple TV and agree the comments made by Lite Beer.

The picture quality on Sky News and Netflix appears to be very close to HD quality. I can also receive, but rarely watch, ABC News and some other US-based news services--none of them as good as Sky News.

The picture quality of Sky News on the Apple TV service-the international edition of Sky News--is better than the UK-sourced version on Thai Ex-Pat TV. However, you may also like to watch the UK adverts to know what you could/or could NOT be missing back in Blighty...sad.png Netflix programme offerings in Thailand are relatively poor compared with the UK.

I have looked at the specs of the new Applle TV box and cannot see anything there that would be of value to me outside the UK or US.

Personally I really like the added features on the new Apple TV, especially being able to use Siri. I also very much like being able to tell "her" to instantly skip back 5 seconds to play a segment I didn't hear well, and to add subtitle to that segment so I get it right.

Also, the new Apple TV is much much easier to key in words which is frustrating and s-l-o-w with the older unit.

Download remote app and can use your phone's keyboard to type in words on old atv.

I agree that using that silver remote to key in a search or your password is nerve grinding to say the least

I see that Sky News is available on the first Apple box, I have this box but dont see Sky TV, is it provided with another service?

I like the Apple box but it lacks program content, so I use iLike TV which is great and available on Smart Tv (via web browser) Apple devices and PC, which I find very useful.

Love my ATV. I gave my old one to my in laws when I bought the latest. Works great for what everyone said, plus I really love it for YouTube. The ATV Netflix app is great. If you have the bandwidth, be sure to get ultra hd, just stunning.

How are you getting Ultra HD (4K) on an AppleTV?

AFAIK the latest ATV still has a max. resolution of 1080P and still doesn't support H.265

http://www.apple.com/tv/specs/

BTW: The Netflix app is the same on all platforms: ATV, Android, FireTV, Playstation, Smart TV's etc ;)