Man arrested for sharing video mocking Prayut

webfact

We should start producing anti Chan o cha material outside Thailand and let it go viral on YouTube and Facebook. Let's see if he dares shutting down the two most popular services as a consequence. The censorship has to stop.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I wanna know is, where are all those (and they were in the majority) TV members now who so wanted the coup, so wanted the military to take control because they actually believed that Thailand would be a better place? At the time their gullibility shocked me, it does so more now.

I don't think many TV members want a military junta running the government. But neither did they want an arrogant and overt kelptocracy headed by a non elected criminal running things.

Or are you gullible to believe the previous regime were honest, freedom loving democrats?

Many posters have, and still do, point our that the old gang versus the new gang has nothing to do with democracy, or freedom. Previous elected regimes have also tried to stifle comments and critics they didn't like.

Without substantial reforms, in politics, the juduicial system and process and culture, nothing will change much. Still be one gang versus the other. But that's how they like it.

Edited by Baerboxer

What I wanna know is, where are all those (and they were in the majority) TV members now who so wanted the coup, so wanted the military to take control because they actually believed that Thailand would be a better place? At the time their gullibility shocked me, it does so more now.

Many of those earlier posters were very self centred and talked about 'as long as I feel safe on the streets of Bangkok, I think it's very welcome (the coup that is).' etc. etc.

No regard to the long term consequences of replacing an elected government - however that government might have been viewed by individuals, both foreign and Thai.

I suspect many have now changed their minds, which is fair enough, but hard to admit maybe.

What a delicate, easily bruised and offended flower he is. One would think that as a former soldier he would've grown a thicker skin. But no.

A thicker skin on your botty from doing your soldiering behind a desk.

Just wondering if any of the usual brigade will have the chutzpah to come on here and tell us that this would happen in any other country...

Sure it would! North Korean, Russia, Zimbabwe and Iran all come to mind for starters...

Yep. Try poking fun, satire or open criticism in any of those countries and see what you get. China is another one that doesn't tolerate much.

Interesting that "face" seems to be as much a Chinese, Asian, African and East European thing as a Thai phenomenon. The West grew out of it in the 20th century.

Remember American and European politicians used to fight duels when their integrity was challenged. And of course sue people and organizations.

Just another characteristic of countries that don't have real justice systems, and where the rich elite and powerful are beyond reproach.

What a delicate, easily bruised and offended flower he is. One would think that as a former soldier he would've grown a thicker skin. But no.

Just wondering if any of the usual brigade will have the chutzpah to come on here and tell us that this would happen in any other country...

I'm certain there are other countries where this or worse happens. North Korea comes to mind. Doesn't mmake it any less ridiculous or make it right.

Just go to this forum topic "Yingluck asks PM to halt civil compensation claim from her" an you will find them all patting each other on the back there.

I'm certain there are other countries where this or worse happens. North Korea comes to mind. Doesn't mmake it any less ridiculous or make it right.
It would not have happened in the DPRK.

I don't think many TV members want a military junta running the government. But neither did they want an arrogant and overt kelptocracy headed by a non elected criminal running things.

Or are you gullible to believe the previous regime were honest, freedom loving democrats?

Many posters have, and still do, point our that the old gang versus the new gang has nothing to do with democracy, or freedom. Previous elected regimes have also tried to stifle comments and critics they didn't like.

Without substantial reforms, in politics, the juduicial system and process and culture, nothing will change much. Still be one gang versus the other. But that's how they like it.

But neither did they want an arrogant and overt kelptocracy headed by a non elected criminal running things.

Then the elections scheduled for July 2014 would have been a perfect occasion for the Thai people to decide what kind of government they wanted to have.

it might be time for thaivisa to upgrade to SHTTP. could be helpful for members posting inside Thailand without VPN.

Won't help. If a post is targeted by the authorities, they will require logs to be provided by the TV hoster and therefore they will have the IP address of the poster. Then the relevant Thai ISP will happily provide the name and address of the customer using this IP address at that point in time.

It's my understanding that TV isn't hosted in Thailand, so the logs can't be obtained by subpoena, however if the authorities give them a choice: either give us the requested log or get blacklisted, guess what will happen?

good point. so VPN it is. or just use a WiFi connection not associated with you. and not using your cellphone data connection.

however, interception of your data packets sent in the clear between your computer and forum servers allow the government to located you without have to ask for anything and then they go directly to the Thai provider. not as easy from a tech point of view... but if they were looking for Thais and not just farangs they might make the effort. correct me if i am wrong, because i love conversations like this. smile.png

let say i post "my cat has brown eyes" and they don't like that. the NEXT time i post something they don't like on the same forum, all they have to do is search every packet originating from within Thailand just before the time stamp of the new text. impossible to store that much data? need a central point to do it? they are working on it. Paranoid? that why i like Thailand. smile.png Fun to watch them catch up.

All this aside, seriously? Can you possibly imagine some whitie making the news having been picked up for a post on an expat forum? Really? Tidal floodgates opened. Won't be a precious 'foreign investor' not to mention 'foreign tourist' left. The saying 'there's no such thing as bad publicity' would most certainly NOT apply under that scenario. Get a grip.

Nobody cares what we say or write in English as long as we don't push it into Somchais face and walk around with banners banging drums.

The staunchest Junta supporter JihadiJohn is very much active on this forum. So are some others. At least the forum is democratic.

Did no one tell this ex-Military Officer that when he exchanged his General's cap

with all of the scrambled egg on its peak, for a civilian bowler hat, he would become

fair game as a politician?

I believe that politician's rank slightly above lawyers, used car salesmen and

paedophiles in society's pecking order (but only just).

Yesterday the news stated that there would be an election in Thailand in 2017. Todays news stated that the election may be delayed. The baht firmed up for the third day in a row and the SET climbed 20 points go figure. Another U turn. Does Thailand really care about credibility in the eyes of foreign countries? No of course not its the Thai way of doing things unique unto itself.

Saw this funny sketch on youtube. Over 1 million views so it can't be banned.

After some more research, I found out that this clip comes from Thai channel 2. There are 3 episodes. It must have been on national TV about 2 months ago. So obviously you can joke about the Prime Minister. And more obvious is that the video banned must be more than harmless humour. Edited by Wilsonandson

Everyone will want to see it now ... gigglem.gif

sorry to say that, but "everyone" simply don't care

throw this guy into jail like all red-shirt liars who tried to use internet to discredit (by order from their foreign puppeteers, of course) the truly nation-oriented Thai government . it's time to send a clear signal - in Thailand western political technologies, propaganda through social media does not work.

dear misters in pith helmets who always know how other nations should live! please, mind your own business. your political technology of "controlled chaos" does not work in truly conscious Buddhist country

Yankee, go home!

Edited by TimmyT

Seriously, guys: what is there to mock!

The MP is a great man, inspiring songwriter and poet, who returned happiness to 99,3% of the Thai-people!

I don't understand all the negativity!

Yours sincerely

EnglihCostasJamie

A recent survey found that 91% ( or was it more ) of Facebook users are not happy with the government.

So yes, we should rejoice with the remaining 7 to 9% who are happy , and celebrate the PM's boundless wisdom !!

post-101696-0-46737700-1454081040_thumb.

Edited by TechnikaIII

Seriously, guys: what is there to mock!

The MP is a great man, inspiring songwriter and poet, who returned happiness to 99,3% of the Thai-people!

I don't understand all the negativity!

Yours sincerely

EnglihCostasJamie

A recent survey found that 91% ( or was it more ) of Facebook users are not happy with the government.

So yes, we should rejoice with the remaining 7 to 9% who are happy , and celebrate the PM's boundless wisdom.

Facebook survey?! are you serious? don't you understand that only people with certain political ideas come to a Facebook page which performed this survey

it's the same as to ask ChurchChannel viewers if they believe in Jesus Christ!

Yesterday the news stated that there would be an election in Thailand in 2017. Todays news stated that the election may be delayed. The baht firmed up for the third day in a row and the SET climbed 20 points go figure. Another U turn. Does Thailand really care about credibility in the eyes of foreign countries? No of course not its the Thai way of doing things unique unto itself.

which is respectable as thailand has never been colonised by the marauding western powers.

Time to give the country back to the people little man.

It's funny how westerners always refer to asian people as "little" even when they are not. (but in this case Prayut is a short man). It must be a subconscious thing.

they just consider themselves a "big brother" of the Asian World who is ought to teach Asians how they should live and how to be "civilized".

truly civilized humanity should unite to force all these misters in pith helmets back to their geographical borders

throw this guy into jail like all red-shirt liars who tried to use internet to discredit (by order from their foreign puppeteers, of course) the truly nation-oriented Thai government . it's time to send a clear signal - in Thailand western political technologies, propaganda through social media does not work.

dear misters in pith helmets who always know how other nations should live! please, mind your own business. your political technology of "controlled chaos" does not work in truly conscious Buddhist country

Yankee, go home!

"truly nation-oriented Thai government"

yes, timmy, it is such a "truly nation-oriented Thai government" that we are not allowed to use the perfectly normal adjectives on this forum that describe the current style of government that Thailand suffers under.

Yankee, go home!

I think you are on the wrong thread, but thanks anyway for the rant. coffee1.gif

Yankee, go home!

Ah look. It's FascistT

You'd like the same thing as the ruling elite of this country wants don't you? Back to the good old days of isolation. Masters being fanned by their surfs and knowing their place. Looking like something akin to North Korea.

You don't speak on behalf of Thais and Thailand buddy. And when Thais did have a choice, guess what? The majority voted not for the 'good' people you so wish you were part of.

I have fed the troll I know.