Prison chief says Chuvit can adjust to life in prison

rooster59

Prison chief says Chuvit can adjust to life in prison

2901001-1-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: Rak Thailand party leader Chuvit Kamolvisit can adjust himself with life in the prison because he used to spend time in prison and he has not asked for anything extra, said Mr Aryut Sinthoppan, commandant of Bangkok Special Prison, on Friday.

Chuvit spent his first night in prison Thursday after the Supreme Court sentenced him to two years imprisonment without suspension for his role in the demolition of about 60 bars on a land plot on Sukhumvit road which he owns. 32 men who were involved in the violent incident were also jailed.

Mr Aryut said prison officials explained to Mr Chuvit the regulations that he has to follow like the other inmates. However, he said that the former MP would be moved to the other zone because his case was already finalized.

Mr Chuvit’s family members and close relatives asked to pay visit to him since the morning, said the commandant.

Visting hours are from 8.30 am to 11.30 in the morning and from 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm in the afternoon from Monday to Friday. Visitors can only make one visit a day and each visit will last 20 minutes.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/148801

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-30

He can adjust and we will do everything we can to help him ( for a fee that he can easily afford of course ).

I remember that when former Philippine president Joseph Estrada was in prison for corruption the media found out his cell was air conditioned.

The prison governor couldn't see where there was a problem as Estrada had paid for the air-con and installation and was paying the electricity bill for it.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

This a real man who accepts his wrongdoing and willingly face the consequences.

If he was a swiveling coward, he could be staying in a mansion in Dubai.

Ah yes , but at least a swiveling coward can be turned around and pointed in a different direction.

Ah yes , but at least a swiveling coward can be turned around and pointed in a different direction.

What do you mean? Like bending over?

"Mr Aryut said prison officials explained to Mr Chuvit the regulations that he has to follow like the other inmates. However, he said that the former MP would be moved to the other zone because his case was already finalized."

The other zone being his holiday get-away in Lopburi. Can there be enough sand for the authorities to believe we have our heads in?

What do you mean? Like bending over?

It's a coward who snivels on a chair that swivels. thumbsup.gif

To put my spin on it, I think the word you want is snivelling.

To put my spin on it, I think the word you want is snivelling.

Swiveling is the correct word in my reference... When facades of the subject's face change abruptly.

......he will be moved to the other zone ?????

Is the other zone the same place that Chalerm's son was moved to with a/c ,pizza and kfc deliveries.

Somehow i cannot see big boss MP Chuvit sleeping toe to toe with seventy criminals in a small fetid room.

At least he had the guts to stick around and cop his whack unlike that Manchurian poltroon Thaksin.

Do you really believe that the coward in question is anything other than a snivelling coward. Of course this is only in the eyes of everyone except himself who considers himself to be the world's gift to mankind and would never ever require to be pointed anywhere.

if you would be offered a time in a Thai prison or spend you life in the free world....what would YOU choose?

(Honi soit qui mal y pense)

Wow.I didn't think it possible that an irrelevant reference to Thaksin could be introduced to this topic.But there you go - no limit to some peoples ingenuity.

I can think of a few other prominent Thai politicians/generals who deserve to be in prison but then treason, sedition and murder probably aren't grave enough offences in the eyes of the Thaksinphobic crazies.

In the crazies' eyes Thaksin's main offence was having the nerve to be chosen time and time again by the Thai people - and for that there can be no forgiveness.

Edited by jayboy

......he will be moved to the other zone ?????

Is the other zone the same place that Chalerm's son was moved to with a/c ,pizza and kfc deliveries.

Somehow i cannot see big boss MP Chuvit sleeping toe to toe with seventy criminals in a small fetid room.

At least he had the guts to stick around and cop his whack unlike that Manchurian poltroon Thaksin.

Chalerm's son never went to jail, did he?

Unlike a 'sniveling' coward...

What the heck is the "Bangkok Special Prison" -- the location mentioned in the OP.

Apparently, it is part of Klong Prem... but what exactly makes it "special"?

Klong Prem Central prison (Thai: คลองเปรม) is a high-security prison in Bangkok, Thailand. The prison has several separate sections. The compound houses up to 20,000 inmates. Within the perimeter of the compound are the Women's Central Prison, often referred to as "Lard Yao" or "Lard Yao women's prison". There is the Central Correction Institution for Drug Addicts (also known as "Bambat Phiset") "Bangkok Special Prison", and the Central Correctional Hospital. The Lard Yao men's section takes custody of male offenders whose sentence term is not over 25 years. As of 2002 the men's section held 1,158 foreigners from 56 countries out of a total of 7,218 prisoners.[1] It is a part of the Thai Department of Corrections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klong_Prem_Central_Prison

But there's also this, which I'm not sure I follow

In 1960 the old Klong Prem prison on Mahchai road (now Rommaneenart park) was overcrowded. The Interior Ministry established a temporary prison within the same compound by deviding one part into a vocational training centre and the other part into the Lardyao temporary central prison.

In the year 1970 the Interior Ministry permanently separated the two part from each other and moved prisoners from the former prison to the current site. In 1972 the Interior Ministry ordered that the Lardyao prison be upgraded to Klong Prem Central Prison and the old prison has changed to Bangkok special prison.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4Uji-M42UEAJ:www.correct.go.th/klong.htm+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=th

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

And some, with a 2 year conviction flee, and 15 more serious well documented cases to answer, and continue to act in an arrogant divisive manner, and continue again and again to say 'I have done nothing wrong'.

Wow.I didn't think it possible that an irrelevant reference to Thaksin could be introduced to this topic.But there you go - no limit to some peoples ingenuity.

I can think of a few other prominent Thai politicians/generals who deserve to be in prison but then treason, sedition and murder probably aren't grave enough offences in the eyes of the Thaksinphobic crazies.

In the crazies' eyes Thaksin's main offence was having the nerve to be chosen time and time again by the Thai people - and for that there can be no forgiveness.

It seems like only a year ago when you and your compatriots were injecting Prayuts name into every topic, including the price of pizza, (sarcasm). Prayut is a result of Thaksin and his crooked band. This is not a post supporting Prayut, this is a post about respecting your fellow posters opinions, whether you agree with them or not. Puhleeease stay on topic.

I can't quote posts on mobile browser, but to the people asking about kfc and sushi:

This is actually available to every inmate. You just need someone outside willing to visit the prison shop, order it for you, and the next day it will be prepared and delivered.

I know of of a couple of rich foreigners in jail who get delivery every day. Oishi, kfc, McDonald's.

You can buy extra food inside from the inmates shop, but it's very basic, the worst of 711, and there's a spending limit.