True visions are hitting me for a cancellation fee. Who can I complain to?

davidst01

When I signed up for Truevisions in late August I specifically asked about this and was told the minimum period (to avoid extra fees) was 6 months . This period is 12 months for True Internet. If you have had this service for a while you probably paid a 2,000B deposit for the box.

You could start by complaining to TrueVisions.

Waste of time, went to True Vision in October last and asked for service to be cancelled, 12 month contract had expired. Paid what was owed at that time and

nothing else said. Two months later, got an account for 1200bht. Went back and asked them to explain. Need modem' was reply, took modem to them, still wanted another 1200bht. as I had never been asked for the modem and was told that I had paid for it by the True Technician on installation.

Gave them the modem but stilll demanded the money.

I had prepared a letter and supplied it with the modem, to their dismay, turned and walked out. They do not listen, nor will they admit they made a mistake.

Just use another server, at best you will be blacklisted with True - so what?

Waste of time, went to True Vision in October last and asked for service to be cancelled, 12 month contract had expired. Paid what was owed at that time and

nothing else said. Two months later, got an account for 1200bht. Went back and asked them to explain. Need modem' was reply, took modem to them, still wanted another 1200bht. as I had never been asked for the modem and was told that I had paid for it by the True Technician on installation.

I had prepared a letter and supplied it with the modem, to their dismay, turned and walked out. They do not listen, nor will they admit they made a mistake.

They tried another one on my ex neighbor. He contacted True Visions to inform then he was leaving Thailand and therefore was advising them to cancel.

Response: 'Cannot, because a previous tenant at the same property left without paying his/her final bill. So when you pay the outstanding debt of the previous tenant we will discuss cancelling your subscription.'

Neighbor then said he would advise his bank to stop processing the automatic charges to his credit card.

Response: "You can't do that, when you sign to authorize charges to your credit card the agreement says that the only body that can stop the credit card charges if true Visions.'

Neighbor now in panic did pay the outstanding charges of the previous tenant and then after many calls eventually got confirmation that the charges to his credit card had been cancelled by True Visions.

He asked for a short -e-mail to confirm everything. Response: 'Cannot, we don't have any procedure to do that, bye.'

"Need modem' was reply, "

Are you talking about True Visions or True Internet?

They tried another one on my ex neighbor. He contacted True Visions to inform then he was leaving Thailand and therefore was advising them to cancel.

Response: 'Cannot, because a previous tenant at the same property left without paying his/her final bill. So when you pay the outstanding debt of the previous tenant we will discuss cancelling your subscription.'

Neighbor then said he would advise his bank to stop processing the automatic charges to his credit card.

Response: "You can't do that, when you sign to authorize charges to your credit card the agreement says that the only body that can stop the credit card charges if true Visions.'

Neighbor now in panic did pay the outstanding charges of the previous tenant and then after many calls eventually got confirmation that the charges to his credit card had been cancelled by True Visions.

He asked for a short -e-mail to confirm everything. Response: 'Cannot, we don't have any procedure to do that, bye.'

Close that bank account, give them copy of letter ending payment to True, get some lacky to sign they received it, open new account at different bank. It is amazing that they consider it right and proper that new tenant pay for past tenants bills. Happens in other areas like utilities too....

close the account linked to True, sell the modem or any equipment, and ignore the red letters that come in the mail.

they will do nothing.

can you imagine how many Thais have unpaid bills with True?

their accounting is so screwed up ...

I have several experiences over the years.

canceled one account and had to return the BOX to get my deposit back. done.

canceled an account and they continued to charge me. notified them on phone, email, and snail mail. kept all records. still got a couple letters. A YEAR LATER they called saying I owed money - some weird amount that was incalculable, but the account number was right. I sent copies of all the paperwork. Some guy came for the BOX, which was 3 years old by that point.

Funny part is, during this time, I had True Internet and had to have technicians out on several occasions when signal failed, work on the line, modem upgrade, etc. Several of these were actually True employees. Most asked me if I had True Visions and I replied no.

'nuff said.

If they decide to get nasty, they can complain to Immigration who will flag you if you try to leave the country. they can take your passport until the matter is settled. I hate being taken advantage of by stupid and criminal businesses, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet. Assuming you are a farang, you will probably not get fair treatment vs a Thai business in a dispute. Go ahead and file your own complaint, so there is a record of it, but don't expect justice.

I had a True router for about 6 years. The antenna was broken and full of dust. I took it to a True store and asked for a replacement. They wanted to lock me into a new contract for one year. I said no and complained in a loud voice that I've been a True customer for 20 years when they use to be UBC, have a mobile number with them etc. After some time the girl came back with new router and said no warrantee here you go.

True Visions goes down at least three times a year that I have to call them for a repair man to come. Their expensive and their choice of channels and packages is horrible.

I've tried IPTV which is far cheaper and hundreds of channels but the HD quality just isn't there yet and True knows this. Those other cable providers like CTH are cheaper but their channels are even more limited.

Oh man, just a couple weeks ago I took back an old router for replacement. See my post further up. I just got a 1,200 Baht bill from them. They were suppose to give it free. Guess I'll be yelling at them tomorrow.

Tell them to take it off what they owe me,I was with them from when they were IBC,

for too many years,they never returned my deposit,until CTH came along they must have

been the most hated and inept company in Thailand.

regards worgeordie

Tell your Wife/GF to go to True and tell them that you left the Country and get the money from you if they want (your Wife /GF has not got your Address ) Works all the time,,,,, They Rip you you an second one if you give them a half a chance,,,,

I had their package installed.. The 30/3 Docsis package including TV box etc. After 4 days of really shit international speeds and their call centre admitting that it's only because they throttle depending on the number of users, Docsis is TV as well so about 8pm the speed went into the drain.. I cancelled. OK says call center you have to take back to nearest TRUE shop so off I toddle 10 km to the nearest main shop everything in hand, modem, cabling and TV box. Only to be told at the shop they will send a tech.. No I said they have been. Also notice the cabling. I'm cancelling.. Cannot they say. Call center can only cancel. So I call call center. They confirm only shop can cancel. I hand the phone over, articulated conversation enures (bear in mind it's personnel from the same company) comes of the phone.. Cannot! I tell them I'm leaving it all with them it's cancelled. Take pictures (probably only time I've seen a Thai unhappy to have their picture taken) then call back to call center tell them I've cancelled and all the stuff is at the shop. And then I leave.. 2 months later still getting bills. But call center say it is cancelled but it will take a few months! And this is the company that is getting the monopoly on the Mobile phone system in Thailand.. <deleted>!

I would NEVER EVER give any credit card details, or allow a direct debit, anywhere in Thailand.

. Quite happy to front up for monthly payments in cash, no problem. Any business not happy with that I am happy to walk away from.

Air Asia and Agoda have my DEBIT card details presumably on file. They've never stiffed me, and any damage they could do is limited to the debit balance.

That anybody still subscribe to True/UBC is beyond me.

I got my deposit back, 2,000 odd baht back when I canceled my subscription MANY moons ago. It took 2 months for the check to arrive, but it did arrive.

If you want broadcast satellite/cable TV and not internet, they're about the best. Especially if the Premier League comes back next season.

"Need modem' was reply, "

Are you talking about True Visions or True Internet?

True Visions also uses a box under the TV between cable and TV.