Smiling stewardesses? No more: Delta now has fist fighting female flight attendants

webfact

Smiling stewardesses? No more: Delta now has fist fighting female flight attendants

LOS ANGELES: -- In the old days flight attendants had to be slim and beautiful, and had to smile. Today this is no longer an issue and illegal. A fist fight between female flight attendants on Delta Airlines flight 2957 from Los Angeles to Minneapolis last week was not meant to be a version of a female boxing match and done for entertainment.

It was serious business and forced this passenger to make an emergency landing in the mormon state of Salt Lake City, Utah

The fighting female stewardesses had a disagreements over work issues with Delta and felt they had to fight it out in front of their passengers.

A third staff member tried to break it up, but ended up getting punched herself, at which point she informed the captain of what was happening.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/68102/smiling-stewardesses-no-more-delta-now-has-fist-fighting-female-

-- eTN 2016-02-01

Anything but the old trogs on BA!!!

Worst cabin crew on the planet by a mile, and I've flown a few airlines in my time.

Treat passengers as if you're interrupting their shopping trips and gossip by daring to expect any kind of service.

Not much better on the ground either.

Shame, because it really did used to be the best.

Let's go back to the old days when flight attendants were slim and beautiful.

attachicon.gif0004.jpg

That was before the unions said that an Old,Ugly Fat flight attendants were allowed because of their numbers of years working.

give me an old, ugly and fat flight attendant who can read my mind every time i'd like to have some service and send the young, slim, beautiful but dumb one to serve in cattle class.

wai2.gif

Worst cabin crew on the planet by a mile, and I've flown a few airlines in my time.

Treat passengers as if you're interrupting their shopping trips and gossip by daring to expect any kind of service.

BA the best... when?

Maybe you're not old enough to remember Pan Am.

BA the best... when?

Maybe you're not old enough to remember Pan Am.

Very much old enough to remember them.

My old boss was on Pan Am 103.

sad.png

It would be interesting to know the ethnic background of the combatants :) I,m usually wrong but I would bet a beer that they (or the instigator) were of the darker persuasion :)

The darker persuasion. Indeed.

It's lovely to see that there are still good old-fashioned gentlemen like yourself about who are able to oh so deftly couch their bigotry in euphemism.

phantomfiddler your comment was racist or maybe you just meant a well tanned white person, right. I used to fly Northwest, had some great round trip prices why back when-700/800 USD and that was flying out of Houston. Then the service got bad, the food got bad, attitudes got bad and they started charging for beer on international flights. Changed to China Airlines, good looking pleasant attendants, good service, pretty decent food, good prices, and no charge for beer. They did fly out of Houston for some years and then dropped the Houston flight, never understood as the plane was nearly always full. I can't speak for today. I haven't been back to the states in 6 yrs and hope to never have to go back. All in all, while I guess a bit sexist statement (I'm not exactly known for my political correctness), I do like attractive, pleasant attendants and good service. That was long gone on most American airlines long ago.

I guess it's time for the airlines to hire Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) octagon fighters to be the first line of offense so that the Air Marshal's don't have to blow holes in the cabin and depressurize that whole shabang!. Da*m customers -- who needs them. Maybe they should walk or take a train.

Edited by connda

phantomfiddler your comment was racist or maybe you just meant a well tanned white person, right. I used to fly Northwest, had some great round trip prices why back when-700/800 USD and that was flying out of Houston. Then the service got bad, the food got bad, attitudes got bad and they started charging for beer on international flights. Changed to China Airlines, good looking pleasant attendants, good service, pretty decent food, good prices, and no charge for beer. They did fly out of Houston for some years and then dropped the Houston flight, never understood as the plane was nearly always full. I can't speak for today. I haven't been back to the states in 6 yrs and hope to never have to go back. All in all, while I guess a bit sexist statement (I'm not exactly known for my political correctness), I do like attractive, pleasant attendants and good service. That was long gone on most American airlines long ago.

Racist...sexist

Glad to know you're not known for your political correctness.

But I do feel the same way you do about the states... hope to never have to go back.

^^^She was forced to eat the airline food. Chicken or fish?

One of the best comments I have heard from a flight attendant:

She: "We have the <something> or the <something else> today...which would you like?"

Me: "No meal for me, thank you."

She: "Oh, you have dined with us before."

Let's go back to the old days when flight attendants were slim and beautiful.

attachicon.gif0004.jpg

1. We don't know that the flight attendants who were on this fight were not slim and and beautiful.

2. The "good old days" as you refer to were mostly good for straight male passengers and not the flight attendant. The female flight attendants who were trained to save lives were sometimes forced to dress up in uniforms befitting hookers and work in smoke filled cabins, all for the benefit of lecherous males. They were then were forced out of their jobs if they got married or pregnant or put on a few pounds. While they got to travel the world, it could be humiliating work. Good on those old flight attendants who stuck it through those years and are still working.