BREAKING: Suspicious package found in Pattaya

webfact

BREAKING: Suspicious package found in Pattaya

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Police in Pattaya have declared an emergency situation following the discovery of a suspicious package in the Bali Hai area of the city.

The package was discovered just after lunch time on Tuesday and resulted officers closing roads and setting up roadblocks throughout Bali Hai.

Nearby hotels were also instructed to search all premises and inform police of anyone behaving suspiciously.

Thaivisa will bring you more information on this developing news story as we receive it.

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-02

What makes a "package" suspicious ? Is it the old fashioned alarm clock with sticks of dynamite and bell wire that confuses people, or the fact it might be a totally sealed box and you can't get into it....so not being able to fathom the contents makes you call the army....?

What makes a "package" suspicious ? Is it the old fashioned alarm clock with sticks of dynamite and bell wire that confuses people, or the fact it might be a totally sealed box and you can't get into it....so not being able to fathom the contents makes you call the army....?

It's the guy pointing, must be suspicious

Bomb Alert Simulation Exercise at Pattaya Port

port-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA:-- On Tuesday afternoon at the Bali Hai Port in South Pattaya a Bomb Alert Simulation Exercise took place, despite fears on social media that the situation was real.

The Army, Pattaya Police, The Royal Thai Navy Bomb Disposal Unit, the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department at Pattaya City Hall, Rescue Services and local Hospitals, took part in the exercise.

The simulation began with a report made of a bomb which had exploded at the Bali Hai Port and there were many injuries, however one unexploded bomb was still at the location.

The emergency services rushed to the location and the area was sealed off and road blocks were put into place. The “injured” were taken to Hospital and Bomb Disposal Officers conducted a controlled explosion on the unexploded “bomb”.

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-02

My first question on seeing the photo was:

If the object was a potentially armed explosive of that size, why are there police (one with an EOD vest) all casually standing around it?

And now that we know this was a bomb simulation alert: FAIL

I find 'suspicious' packages around the house all the time. 'Where'd this come from? I wonder what's in it. Should I open it? Maybe I should call the 'authorities? Good idea!'

"Hey Sweetie, what's in this box?"

Wife in other room: "It plaraa my cousin give me. Don't open it. It meant maak maak!!!"

"I knew I should ask the authorities first thank God. A disaster diverted!!! Whew!!!"

the cops are standing right next to it and have no protective gear and they are pointing... hahahahhahaha

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"The authorities decided not to inform the public of the exercise so it would appear as real as possible. The exercise was declared a success by organizers."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

in other news, terrified tourists cancelled the remainder of their stay in Pattaya upon hearing of the terror threat.

Ho Lee Fuk, a Chinese tourist voiced his frustrations on Facebook. "We leave fast, go to airport in Bangkok, then hear not real. Very mad. Never come back."

Edited by NCC1701A