Rape of Russian woman reported in Pattaya

webfact

Rape of Russian Woman Reported in Pattaya
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14546520751454652100l.jpg
Pattaya City Police Station in an undated file photo.

PATTAYA — A Russian tourist said today she was drugged and raped by a Thai man in the resort town of Pattaya Thursday night.

The Russian woman alerted the police at about 4am on Friday, though police said they have yet to confirm she was sexually assaulted.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1454652075

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-05

"A Russian tourist said today she was drugged and raped by a Thai man in the resort town of Pattaya Thursday night.

The Russian woman alerted the police at about 4am on Friday, though police said they have yet to confirm she was sexually assaulted."

already doubting the woman.

"the 20-year-old woman said she was drugged by a Thai friend and later sexually assaulted in an apartment or hotel room in Pattaya" "As of the time of writing, Col. Sukthat said they are still waiting for a certified interpreter to interrogate the woman. No person has been arrested so far, the commander added."

yes. no person arrested, say like her friend, you know the one that drugged her and is getting away while you test the woman for rape.

"Pattaya, a coastal resort town east of Bangkok, is well-known for its seedy red light district and high rate of crimes against foreigners. "

they got that part right. could have thrown in a few words about the police.

Edited by NCC1701A

"A Russian tourist said today she was drugged and raped by a Thai man in the resort town of Pattaya Thursday night.

The Russian woman alerted the police at about 4am on Friday, though police said they have yet to confirm she was sexually assaulted."

Actually, I think it's standard procedure all over the world.

I feel for the lady and I hope justice will be done.

PATTAYA — A Russian tourist said today she was drugged and raped by a Thai man in the resort town of Pattaya Thursday night.
The Russian woman alerted the police at about 4am on Friday, though police said they have yet to confirm she was sexually assaulted.

Ahh, that quaint little "Resort Town" of Pattaya in the news again!

Poor lass, must have been mistaken for one of those Russian "entertainers" but, (assumption) a single woman out alone late at night/ early hours of the morning, in a foreign country in an area know for less than wholesome family entertainment and attracting those who gravitate to that type of entertainment.

WADDAYAEXPECT!

Just googled top ten sin cities in the world... You guessed it... At the top of the list in first place, is lovely pattaya.

That aside, waiting for someone to arrive to "interrogate" the victim, whilst not acting on the victims claims, is not the way it's done in the rest of the world

Police should be immediately dispatched to apprehend the alleged rapist and perhaps secure any ( DNA) evidence, and get his statement, whilst a rape kit is done on the women.. .. Then the police should take the victims statement etc etc

Not necessarily, though that's obviously what you want to believe. Getting evidence, SOP. She said she has only a "hazy" recollection. There was a case recently where the "victim" confessed she made it all up. We're not going just convict because somebody says convict.

"the 20-year-old woman said she was drugged by a Thai friend and later sexually assaulted in an apartment or hotel room in Pattaya" "As of the time of writing, Col. Sukthat said they are still waiting for a certified interpreter to interrogate the woman. No person has been arrested so far, the commander added."

yes. no person arrested, say like her friend, you know the one that drugged her and is getting away while you test the woman for rape.

They don't have to do one thing at a time. They may well have started immediately looking for the friend. But they probably want to be sure they have a good description. You think he was just gonna sit there waiting for the police? He ran immediately. So where did he go?

You don't know, but you do really wanna bash the police. In this case, I don't yet see that you have an issue yet.

"Pattaya, a coastal resort town east of Bangkok, is well-known for its seedy red light district and high rate of crimes against foreigners. "

they got that part right. could have thrown in a few words about the police.

No, that was uncalled for and biased. Despite all the noise, esp. here, I'm not convinced the crime rate against foreigners is all that high given the millions visiting Pattaya each year.

CSI: TVF is goin' to work!

Edited by Rimmer

....interrogate the victim......???

...insane......

Standard practice everywhere. When a victim reports a crime the police ask questions. The word is probably exactly the same as interview or question in the mind of a Thai policeman who is not a native English speaker.

There is also no reason to believe that the police actually said that. Those are the words of the "journalist".

I also wouldn't be surprised if the woman wasn't even Russian but is just a Caucasian female that doesn't speak English.

I disagree with the description

"Pattaya, a coastal resort town east of Bangkok, is well-known for its seedy red light district and high rate of crimes against foreigners"

The whole town is a red light district. I'm always surprised when i see families there.

Families live there. You might only have experience of the red light areas (quaint, antiquated phrase) but actually it's a big place.

"Pattaya, a coastal resort town east of Bangkok, is well-known for its seedy red light district and high rate of crimes against foreigners"

The whole town is a red light district. I'm always surprised when i see families there.

A bit early for me but...something about opening ones mouth and removing all doubt?

There are too many people like you scubascuba that set every day waiting to paint a negative picture of Pattaya. You don;t mention that Pattaya has a great many retired families from all over the world who find Pattaya a great place to live and enjoy great weather and a laid back life style. There are also hundreds of local families working and vacationing in Pattaya enjoying it also.

I am betting you like most others who have nothing good to say about anything are sitting in a equally sorry red light country, with as much or more crime that you assume goes on in Pattaya. I for one do not want to read stuff from the likes of you. So all of you respond as you like and just f... o..!!!

Poor thing. Pity her, thinking she's coming here for a relaxing holiday but instead going home raped and humiliated.

Maybe she should of chosen somewhere other than Pattaya to relax in. But all I can find is a Russian lady has been raped , where were her friends was she with a family , indeed was she Russian ?

Looks like you did not decompress enough, more than 100,000 people live in Central Pattaya alone, 1,000,000++ in the surrounding areas. You might as well say London is a red light district if you only visit SoHo. Its so nonsensical to post rubbish like this, if you don't actually live in the place you have no idea of what it is actually like.

Do you really think that anybody reading TV does not know where Pattaya is? and do you really think and all those expensive condo's and gated communities are red light districts? or perhaps you think all the schools (including the international schools) are dins of iniquity. Go down again and come up more slowly and try reading something other than sensationalism on TV. It's the 5,000,000++ visitors a year that contribute to most of the crime and 99% of the stupidity.

I hope the Thai man will be arrested soon ( or was it a Burmese?), though it's hard to give evidence...She could be lucky to be still alive.

Give your sad,old,boring jokes a rest,it's been done to death.

I'm sorry that I can't climb down to your level. But you got 3 "likes". Be happy and enjoy your beer.clap2.gif

Pattaya bashers are out in force again!! Considering the amount of tourists that Pattaya hosts each year, I would suggest that the crime rates of scores of other cities across the globe are far worse. Phuket has had massive problems recently but I don't see any spouting how bad that place is?

If the anti Pattaya brigade live in Nakhon Nowhere, ask yourself this..... If you were beaten up badly in your two bob town by a group of Thais, would you think the BiB will care? I bet the crime rates in small towns are higher than Pattaya considering the foot traffic.