Abortion Pills? Advice. Urgent

uk_falang

Hi

I hope someome qualified may be able to answer this.

My girlfriend took a pregnancy test, it showed she is prenant - this is one of the "pee on card tests"

I was excited but she didnt want a baby, without my knowing she called a friend who purchased a 1000baht "abortion pill" which she put in her vagina. She got terrible stomach cramps for a few days but no bleeding. She said this pill is actually a very strong pain killer given in hospitals and meant to be taken orally. But this pill is also used for abortion internally.

She has not had a period in over 3 months (she usually has 2 per month for some reason). She has taken several other pee on card pregnancy tests but they are showing "not pregnant", but I dont believe it as she is having many mood swings and is sick every morning.

I am concerned about her not having periods every month, and if she is pregnant this pill she put in her - may have effect or damage the baby inside.

Also I know it is not possible to have an abortion in Thailand so I was thinking of taking her to another country but she has to make a passport. Can she have abortion in Malaysia?

Sorry I dont want to start debate about abortion, actually I wanted her to have the baby - but now she put the pill in her vagina I am worried the baby is deformed and now I want her to have an abortion - but how can we know if she is prognant? Can she have a scan? I think her hormones dont work with the pee test card becuase we used to use the morning after pill regulalry and maybe it mess up her hormones and the tet resul say she doenst have baby but .

Please can someone help. I am worried to go to a Thai doctor as this pill she put inside her might be illegal? (she had to order it from someone who knew someone etc)

Someone also mentioned that many of these deformed beggars are so becuase their mothers used this abortion pill but it didnt remove the baby only made them deformed.

Also maybe I sould mention before sho put this 'abortion pill" in her vagina - she tried drinking a bottle of some chinese branded potion - that i understood from the rough translation to be for controlling menstration cycle.

She has also used the morning after pill many times (taken orally) possibly even when (if ) she was pregnant.

Please help - very worried about my GF and baby!!!

what a mess... go to see a "real" doctor, get out as soon of possible of this "supernatural" mood surrounding your GF's beliefs and other girly urban myths (a painkiller inside the vagina ? deformed beggars, my god it's really a bad movie...).

First thing to find out : is she pregnant, yes or know.

Don't trust the "pee tests".

For that, go to a proper hospital. Blood test and echography to be sure.

And only then, you will be able to take an appropriate decision.

Edited by cclub75

Agreed mate. Right now anything could be going on with her.

Get to a proper doctor, perhaps best somebody who has worked with tg's who have farang bf's before (perhaps more discreet) and get this cleaned up and sorted out.

Maybe some of the ladies of our forum have more advice.

Get her to a dr. immediately. AFAIK there is no pill you insert vaginally to stop a pregnancy and the cramping sounds to me as if she could have caused herself some serious problems. Also, it sounds to me as if she is using the morning after pill as a form of birth control, which I believe is not very healthy.

Dr Meechai has a very good clinic that can help her deal with the potential mess she has made of her problems. I'm afraid I don't where it is but considering the problems right now I would take her to any very good hospital.

:o

bangkok sukhumvit soi 12

- CABBAGES and CONDOMS -

some international group

they make it's LEGAL (~2000baht)

when it's not to late ... :D

the "check" is free.

downstairs they have a shop and restaurant :D

upstairs some kind of clinic and many! lady's...

:D

and a pill after is only ok when it's in 24hour (doctor `~ 300baht)

don't make some "dirty shit" :D

:D

Edited by lung

If it were me I would take her to a doctor in a qualified hospital immediately. I wouldn't wait until Dr Meechais clinic opens.

Especially after reading this article in the SF online newspaper SFGate about several women who have died after vaginally inserting the medication:

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is convening a meeting in May to consider recent outbreaks of rare bacterial illnesses, including Clostridium sordellii, among abortion pill patients. Patterson said he expects the effects of the drug on the immune system to be discussed then.

There are other theories, however, as to why these women developed infections -- including the possibility that a widely used but unapproved technique for delivery of a second pill in the abortion process may introduce bacteria or leave some women more vulnerable.

Medication abortion is a two-step process. First, the pregnant woman is given mifepristone to start the abortion, then she is given misoprostol, a pill that induces contractions and completes the process.

In the method approved by the FDA -- and still widely used in Europe -- the second pill is taken orally. But in the United States, patients at virtually all clinics are taught to insert the second pill vaginally -- based on studies that show this method is more effective and causes fewer unpleasant side effects.

However, the FDA has never endorsed the vaginal technique and on Friday restated its recommendation that the second drug be given orally.

Planned Parenthood announced Friday that it is immediately changing its technique, recommending that women swallow the second pill or dissolve it slowly between their cheek and gum.

:o Bloody hel_l. What a nightmare. I think you should do as everyone else has said. Get her to a hospital ASAP. She could be destroying her ladies parts and never be able to bear children even if she wanted to. Any hospital would be able to do a blood test to check for the hormones and then a ultrasound scan for signs of a fetus. First thing you have to do though is acertain if she is actually pregnant. Poor you. She sounds a bit of a fruit cake to me. I would seriously consider getting my vas deferens clipped if I were you, you are as much to blame - alhtough not with the tablets. Sorry for what you are going through, but I should say children, while rewarding and fun are bloody hard work and expensive, it is not the sort of thing you should be thinking of on a whim.

I agree with Lung, bring her to Sukhumvit Soi 12 if you are in Bangkok.

The place in not clearly indicated but it's a bit after the Condom and Cabages restaurant. They will professionnally offer you all possible options.

Seek medical attention soonest.

There is a drug available that is inserted in the vagina. It causes uterus cramps to induce abortions soon after pregnancy. It’s not meant to be taken so late in the pregnancy.

There’s also a possibility the double periods have been caused by the OP’s GF taking morning after pills. The OP’s GF has possibly been self medicating.

(This information has been relayed through me by a pharmacist)

Again, there is no doubt you must seek medical treatment ASAP.

It is also important for everyone to know that it IS possible to get an abortion in Thailand and it does not have to cost thousands of baht. Below are Planned parenthood clinics in Thailand they are a pro-choice organization.

Din Dang PPAT Clinic 2/11-13 Commercial Bldg. 1, Prachasongkhro Rd., Din Dang

Bangkok 10400

Tel. 02 245 1888, 02 245 7382-5

Pinkloa PPAT Clinic 3/ 20-21 Arun Amarin Road, Bangkok Noi

Bangkok 10700

Tel. 024339077

Bangkhen PPAT Clinic 8 Soi Vibhavadi 44, Vibhavadi-Rangsit Rd., Lardyao, Chatuchak Bangkok 10900

âTel.02 941 2320 # 181

Ramkhamhaeng PPAT Clinic 2100/1252 Ramkhamhaeng, Huamak, Bangkapi

Bangkok 10240

Tel.02 718 2752-3

Chiang Mai PPAT Clinic 200/3 Bamrungrad, Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

Tel. 053 246 347

Khon Kaen PPAT Clinic 752-754 Sri Chan Rd., Muang, Khon Kaen, 40000

Tel.053 223 627

Ubon Ratchathani PPAT Clinic 154-156 SriNarong Rd., Muang, Ubon Ratchathani 24000

Tel. 045 243 380

Hatyai PPAT Clinic 240-242 Nipat Utit Rd., Hatyai, Songkhla 90110

Tel.074 246 343

Well since this has been a discussion of what to do in a medical emergency for women with pregnancy problems it has been allowed to run.

However, I think the OP has had plenty of advice and the topic should be closed since abortion (unless medical circumstances require it) is illegal in Thailand the topic shall be closed. (although I will add that the morning after pill is not illegal).

Assuming the story is genuine, we all hope the OP the best and if any future posters need this information it can be found by using the search function here in the health section.

***topic closed***