Sex tourists who pay for prostitutes abroad 'should face prosecution in UK'

Boater

British men who use prostitutes while abroad on stag parties should be prosecuted in the UK under new laws that make paying for sex illegal, according to a report backed by a senior MP.

Sex tourists and businessmen who pay for prostitutes on expense accounts would also be criminalised under the proposals in the Sex Buyer Law report published today.

The report, commissioned for the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Prostitution by the campaigning group End Demand, says payment for sex in the UK should be made illegal and recommends Parliament “strongly considers” extending the offence to payments abroad.

Full Story here - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/sex-industry/sex-tourists-who-pay-for-prostitutes-abroad-should-face-prosecution-in-uk-a6888351.html

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheesy.gif End Demand ? Payment for sex illegal ?

Well there goes the institution of marriage for a start . And an end to alimony too. Clearly the members of End Demand have not been getting much of the greasy flagpole lately and hate the thought of anyone else getting something that they themselves have never had.

Might do better tackling the abundant supply.

Actually...upon 5 minutes reflection I am seriously affronted by End Demands request. As it stands it is blatant sex discrimination. Why no mention of Hen nights and their two days of BBC in the Gambia with some underprivileged , exploited but well hung local bloke seeking a few easy dollars.

I seem to recall the story of some married English woman with two kids gong on holiday somewhere in darkest Africa and coming home with <deleted> of her own.....much to her long suffering husbands chagrin. Said African actually appeared on television with his spear and shield should anyone take offence at the term.

But what are is really galling is not that there are idiots in England .....we know that , but that some brown nosing politician actually listens to them and gives them a little credibility.

Edited by CharlieH
Inflammatory remark removed.

Why is it in Europe they always place the onus on men to control their sexual urges when it takes two to tango? What about the women that willingly provide their services and make this all possible? Why during these business transactions are women considered the victims and men as the sexual predictors. If you try to place this on biblical values, Eve was just as guilty as Adam in committing one of the deadly cardinal sins.

Wonder how they are going to implement this for tourists and businessmen (not ladies i see!) when they travel to countries where prostitution is state run?

These countries IMO have it right, instead of driving a profession (that will always be there) underground they at least try and get some control on it.

This is the oldest profession in the world for a reason, again, IMO, it will take a bit more than a British parliament hearing to stop it. Sort out your own country first before listening to these weirdos.........................wink.png

Why is it in Europe they always place the onus on men to control their sexual urges when it takes two to tango? What about the women that willingly provide their services and make this all possible? Why during these business transactions are women considered the victims and men as the sexual predictors. If you try to place this on biblical values, Eve was just as guilty as Adam in committing one of the deadly cardinal sins.

yes the muslim way is so much better

They should start with it right now.. I agree 100% won't affect me as I am Dutch but would clear away all those bad English tourists. cheesy.gif

I doubt this has much backing they can't be that stupid on that island nation, now if they made the law so that they could prosecute sex with underage girls anywhere in the world it would make more sense.

Why say Europe.. this is the UK, I come from Netherlands, a far more enlightened country where prostitution is legal. Though of course it does open the door for forced prostitution and that is a bad thing. But to ban it just to stop forced prostitution is foolish.

I wonder if the UK will also make it so that they send out an SAS squad to break out any Brits that are caught gambling anywhere in the world. I mean gambling is legal and if they are going to interfere with other countries laws why don't go all the way.

Artificial suppression of sex drive heads to possible criminal activities. The psychopathic behaviour is not attached at birth, It develops during a life of individual with most likely sexual behavioral discrepancy. Prostitution worked, works and will work for many (like amputees, or other handicapped) people and all kind of others. One of the most common problem created by inaccessible by these people (for some reason) regular sex with a partner (female and/or male) is rape. Stupid law could make the problem even bigger. Open bordellos, keep woman there safe, get them all medical as required and make an extra in taxes. Prohibition of alcohol didn't work, soft drugs don't work like marihuana, why this would work? Are there too many empty cells? Make it legal! It seems the politicians are more living in theory then in real life.

I guess the UK gentlemen will have to burn their receipts now.

Enterprising Thais (and others) will just have to work together with bar girls for some extra money and help British justice (or not for a fee). I can see a whole new business of black mail developing. cheesy.gif Hoteliers with copies of passports working with bar girls and other Europeans (for communicating with UK law enforcement) all working together for the greater good (or a big payday) cheesy.gif

Ah this is probably like some idiot proposals that are being floated in my country.. just someone letting out something without support.