Government hospital

brownknees

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Khon Kaen is obviously a big city, not somewhere in the sticks or somewhere in the no where, you also have a Bangkok Hospital there and what not. But now imagine you live somewhere in the sticks in let's say Kalasin, then it might very well be you are 3 hours away from Khon Kaen and before you can get proper treatment, that's the situation that happened to my GFs dad.

Have you ever been to a Hospital outside of the city? At these hospitals it can very well be that their only X-Ray is broken for a month before they get it fixed

After doctors graduate they get told where they have to go, but that's only for a few years, after that they can choose, and they can pay money if they don't want to do this. So some doctors who are offered a well paying job at a private hospital after they graduated just choose to pay the money.

The post I quoted said " world class hospitals are found in BKK and Pataya" meaning only in those places. 

You agreed. Now you are saying that is not true. 

Kalasin has a good hospital too. No need to go to KK. 

3 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

Khon Kaen Hospital isn't a 'heart hospital'.  I think you are referring to Queen Sirikit Heart Hospital located next to Srinagarind Hospital.  (KKU)

Terry

Quite probably. I couldn't remember the name so just used the location. It was in reference to someone trying to imply that the only decent hospitals in Thailand are in BKK or Pataya. 

• 1 month later...

Apologies for my not replying as to the gov hospital I attended,have to look at my notifications more often!Here are the coordinates  for it. 17degs 41.56 mins north and 102degs 54.34 mins east.

If you are coming from Udon Thani to Nong Kai after about 28 k there is a right turn to Phen which is 20k down this road ,on reaching the traffic light there(only one!!) you turn left and its about 150 metres down on the right.

Yes I live about 20k from it so equidistant from Udon or Nong Khai but its a good hospital.