Transfer to wrong account.

Last week when my girlfriend was paying her rent, she transfered money to the wrong account number. She later went to her bank the next day and explained to them the mistake, they done some paperwork and sent her off to the police to do some more paperwork with the police. At the moment she is waiting for her bank to do their due process. I'm just curious has anyone had a dilemma like this and how long did it take to get a result.

If the other bank account owner contests it you can expect years and will need to go to court. Once you send money it is no longer yours. If it was easy to just get the money back then sending someone a wire as payment would not be a good way to do business.

Happened to me at SCB and even though the accidental transfer was to a SCB charity (for flood victim's) had to go through the same procedures, including the police notification. Took a fax to the Thai Consumer Protection Agency to get SCB to put the money back

Needless to say, SCB's charity was removed from my transfer list

Happened to me at SCB and even though the accidental transfer was to a SCB charity (for flood victim's) had to go through the same procedures, including the police notification. Took a fax to the Thai Consumer Protection Agency to get SCB to put the money back

How long did this whole process take?

Edited by AussieFarmer

How long did this whole process take?

Two weeks from start to finish; but only one day after making the complaint to Office of the Consumer Protection Board

http://www.ocpb.go.th/ewtadmin/ewt/ocpb_eng/main.php?filename=index___EN