Where/best way to advertise in Pattaya?

2road

Hi,

I would like to advertise French language classes teaching in Pattaya; I am looking for new students and,

other than craigslist, I would like to know if there are better ways to advertise private teaching classes.

Do you know any specific popular classified website or local place where I can advertise?

I am also considering translating the advertisement language message in Thai:( maybe some Thai want to learn French, who knows...)

Are there any Thai only classified sites to suggest?

Thank you for your help

You could hire a man and a van with loudspeakers then drive (slowly) round Pattaya taking car to hold up traffic and p*ss off the vast majority of potential customers whilst the odd pedestrian picks up a fifth of your garbled message. That's what the Thais do.

As mentioned, without a registered company set up for this and work permits issued, no foreigner can just give French lessons and advertising such a service before getting all that is asking for trouble - even more so if done in Thai.

Many here say I need a permit to teach French...

However if i go to CL I can find dozens of people advertising English teaching.... so what is the real deal here?

What s going to happen if they find me "guilty " : a 10 yrs ban? I am asking because I m relatively new here in thailand..

Am I taking revenues off thai people by teaching French ? I doubt it...

All over Thailand millions of people flagrantly break all sorts of laws every day. Just stand on any street corner and count them.

It's all fine until someone complains or there is a "clampdown", hence my comment that to be legal you would need several permits and authorisations.

I imagine that the people who advertise lessons on CL simply dont worry about it, but I personally know people who have been fined/deported for working without a permit or, more commonly, have paid a big bribe to avoid prosecution. Will it happen to you? Your guess is as good as mine.

As far as I know some language schools here do indeed teach French, so yes they might object to you doing it without permission.

Bon courage.

Many here say I need a permit to teach French...

However if i go to CL I can find dozens of people advertising English teaching.... so what is the real deal here?

What s going to happen if they find me "guilty " : a 10 yrs ban? I am asking because I m relatively new here in thailand..

Am I taking revenues off thai people by teaching French ? I doubt it...

What could happen is a very, very severe fine which, if you could not pay, could turn into a jail sentence.

It's nothing to do with taking revenues off Thais but everything to do with Thai Labour laws which are easily found on the internet.

It's nothing to do with taking revenues off Thais but everything to do with Thai Labour laws which are easily found on the internet.

It has everything to do with taking revenues from Thais. Thailand is an extremely protectionist country which is precisely why Thai law generally prevents foreign ownership of companies and land, and also prevents foreigners from working here except in very specific circumstances.