Arab League declares Hezbollah a ‘terrorist organization’

rooster59

Arab League declares Hezbollah a ‘terrorist organization’

post-247607-0-74062000-1457739483_thumb.

Reports from Egypt say the Arab League has labelled the Lebanese Shi’ite Hezbollah movement a terrorist organisation.

Egypt’s state news agency MENA says the decision was taken by the Arab League’s foreign ministers’ committee on Friday.

A diplomat from Bahrain is quoted by AFP as saying that Lebanon and Iraq expressed “reservations” about the decision.

When the Iraqi foreign minister defended Hezbollah at the meeting, it reportedly prompted a walkout by the Saudi delegation.

The decision follows the Arab League’s appointment of former Egyptian diplomat Ahmed Aboul-Gheit as its new head.

It comes as the 22-member body tries to deal with several wars, dangerous regional rivalry between Iran and Saudi Arabia, as well as the jihadist threat.

Hezbollah, which is fighting in support of President al-Assad’s forces in Syria, was also recently declared a terrorist group by the monarchies which make up the Gulf Cooperation Council.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-12

Strange that the Arab league didn't come to this conclusion for many years until Hezbollah started mass killing of other Arabs and Muslims, how a view and an opinion can change in an instants when the pains and the truth are close to home.....

This is a manifestation of the logic, my enemies enemy is my friend. Israel and the Arab league have common cause against Iran and hence Hezbollah are the enemy because they are Iran's proxy.

The move is significant as it clears the decks for removing Hezbollah at the same time as Iran.

If they had any real convictions they would have added Hamas to that list as well.

Hamas is the Palestinian off shoot of the Muslim Brotherhood and is just as bad, if not worse, than Hezbollah.

Oops, I forgot - Hamas is Sunni so there's pretty much no way the Arab League (or the Gulf Cooperation Council) will take a stand against them. (Hezbollah is Shia though so they are fair game.)

It's funny (sort of). I just recently wrote something regarding an article that stated most "refugees" don't support terrorist organizations. I pointed out that "most refugees" don't consider any group that is from the same religion as they are, to be a "terrorist organization" but almost any organization that is from a different religion may be considered "terrorist". That is why so many of those organizations are able to operate openly (and freely) in their respective areas.

This is a manifestation of the logic, my enemies enemy is my friend. Israel and the Arab league have common cause against Iran and hence Hezbollah are the enemy because they are Iran's proxy.

The move is significant as it clears the decks for removing Hezbollah at the same time as Iran.

How are they going to go about "removing" Iran? Shock and awe? The Saudi armed farces? They can't even "remove" the Houthis in Yemen but somehow they're going to be able to "remove" Hezbollah? Israel tried that already and couldn't do it. And not just remove Hezbollah but Iran? Maybe it's the plan of the neocons who were going to sweep the USA's enemies from the Middle East and institute a Pax Americana? Maybe you've got your own plan? And, no, empty belligerence doesn't count as a plan.

Well, the Sunni dominated council would say that wouldn't they. All of them corrupt aristocratic or military dictatorships, and nascent friends of Israel (birds of a feather and all that).I take their comments with a heavy pinch of salt and smelling salts, when I shake my head in disbelief at their hypocrisy. Egypt as its head responsible for 1000s of deaths of its own citizens with 41,000 detained and tortured since 2013.

Of course it's all part of the Sunni Shia proxy war in Syria and Yemen. With the Israeli apologists cheerleading when it suits their purposes.

Any deflection will do.

Well, the Sunni dominated council would say that wouldn't they. All of them corrupt aristocratic or military dictatorships, and nascent friends of Israel (birds of a feather and all that).

Sticking up for Islamic terrorists as usual. You never had a problem with these people before they made peace with Israel. What complete and utter hypocrisy.

Well, the Sunni dominated council would say that wouldn't they. All of them corrupt aristocratic or military dictatorships, and nascent friends of Israel (birds of a feather and all that).

Sticking up for Islamic terrorists as usual. You never had a problem with these people before they made peace with Israel. What complete and utter hypocrisy.

As usual you are fabricating.

Quote proof of your lies. Where have I ever supported these corrupt aristocratic and military dictatorships.

Put up or shut up.

You must be a yank, "Israel and the Arab league have common cause against Iran" why is that?, Israel seems to have common cause against everyone. The last time these Israel heroes had a face off against Hezbollah they had their arse's kicked. Those heroic Israel "troops" better stick to shooting unarmed boys throwing stones. The "Arab League" is a tool of the West.

You must be a yank, "Israel and the Arab league have common cause against Iran" why is that?, Israel seems to have common cause against everyone. The last time these Israel heroes had a face off against Hezbollah they had their arse's kicked. Those heroic Israel "troops" better stick to shooting unarmed boys throwing stones. The "Arab League" is a tool of the West.
Obviously another promotion of the obsessive Israel demonization agenda. So to you there's something wrong with being an American? What are you dude?

You must be a yank, "Israel and the Arab league have common cause against Iran" why is that?, Israel seems to have common cause against everyone.

Everyone who is stupid enough to attack them. Israel had badly beaten 5 Arab armies numerous times and they just keep on winning. Palestinian terrorists are an annoyance, but nothing more. Thanks to them, a lot more Arabs are dying than Israelis.

Quote proof of your lies. Where have I ever supported these corrupt aristocratic and military dictatorships.

Put up or shut up.

Actually, you are fabricating and it is not unusual. I know from experience that you would just deny any proof - no matter how obvious. YOU prove that you didn't support them before they became friendly with Israel. I'm not going to wade through years of your dishonest posts. Frankly they make me sick.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Hezbollah is actually fighting ISIL and Al Nusra franchise.

Your 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' rhetoric doesn't work pretty well. Not a single stone has been thrown to Israeli occupied Golan Heights by ISIL or Al Nusra.

Not even a single Palestinian or other Syrian civil war refugee could benefit of safe asylum in these occupied territories through Israel till today. While history shows the opposite for the illegal annexation of Palestine after the Holocaust.

Makes the Arab league and Israel quite nervous as Hezbollah is cleaning the Syrian border region from ISIL franchises...

Let's not forget that in 2010 Iranian president Ahmedinejad visited a Hezbollah border town in Lebanon. Promptly, 2 IDF Apache helicopters crossed the borders and aimed at the stage in standby position in the air.

In January 2015 IDF war planes striked Hezbollah positions in Syria in direct confrontation with the ISIL militants. An Iranian general was killed...

Arab League declaration of OP is not consistent. A new caliphate would mean according to Koranic laws that the caliph obtains full religious power far beyond the Arabian peninsula with Mekkah, Medina included. Hezbollah is actually fighting against this new caliphate...

Put up or shut up.

Actually, you are fabricating and it is not unusual. Prove that you didn't support them before they became friendly with Israel. I'm not going to wade through years of your dishonest posts. Frankly they make me sick.

So you accuse someone of a dishonest post but when asked for proof as always the silence is deafening. What a joke! Your credibility is zero.
Then you have the audacity to hide behind the old fallacy: disprove a negative.
"Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"
"But I have never beaten my wife."
"Prove it."
Pure McCarthyism.
Have you no sense of decency,sir? (Joseph Welch)

How are they going to go about "removing" Iran? Shock and awe? The Saudi armed farces? They can't even "remove" the Houthis in Yemen but somehow they're going to be able to "remove" Hezbollah? Israel tried that already and couldn't do it. And not just remove Hezbollah but Iran? Maybe it's the plan of the neocons who were going to sweep the USA's enemies from the Middle East and institute a Pax Americana? Maybe you've got your own plan? And, no, empty belligerence doesn't count as a plan.
Time will tell. Don't believe all the MSM tells you, they really haven't got a clue, which is good seeing as they are batting for the enemy as often as not. For your information there are between half and one million Syrian refugees in Saudi Arabia, though the MSM claim none. Likewise The Saudis have spent a fortune on a highly trained modern army. As for Yemen the casualty numbers are as fictional as those used against the Israeli military. Yemen has almost entirely been freed from the Houthis, yet again people are fed a low information diet surrounding this, I hope this situation persists seeing as war is deception.

So you accuse someone of a dishonest post but when asked for proof as always the silence is deafening.

Actually, you are the one who accused me. I did not say that post was dishonest. I said it was hypocritical and it is. You want proof otherwise, than YOU provide it. YOU wade through years of your own dishonest posts. They are sickening.

Edited by Ulysses G.

So you accuse someone of a dishonest post but when asked for proof as always the silence is deafening.

Actually, you are the one who accused me. I did not say that post was dishonest. I said it was hypocritical and it is. You want proof otherwise, than YOU provide it. YOU wade through years of your own dishonest posts. They are sickening.

So are you saying that hypocrisy is a form of honesty? I always thought it was a kind of dishonesty, or, if you will, lying. Thanks for clearing that up.

Same same. So you slander me as a hypocrite but not dishonest but when asked for proof the silence is still deafening. The forum has a very good search engine, and there are a few good key words there. And yet you'd have to wade through years of so called dishonest posts to find them. You are playing semantics.
When you dig yourself into a hole, it's best to stop digging.
Your smear tactics are transparent. Your credibility is zilch.
Please address the issues and not me.
Edited by dexterm

Well, the Sunni dominated council would say that wouldn't they. All of them corrupt aristocratic or military dictatorships, and nascent friends of Israel (birds of a feather and all that).I take their comments with a heavy pinch of salt and smelling salts, when I shake my head in disbelief at their hypocrisy. Egypt as its head responsible for 1000s of deaths of its own citizens with 41,000 detained and tortured since 2013.

Of course it's all part of the Sunni Shia proxy war in Syria and Yemen. With the Israeli apologists cheerleading when it suits their purposes.

Any deflection will do.

Funnily enough you can't seem to remove your tongue from their backsides when in their OIC meetings they discuss motions put forward against Israel by the Palestinians.

Obviously another promotion of the obsessive Israel demonization agenda. So to you there's something wrong with being an American? What are you dude?
Wrong about me being American and wrong about Hezbollah, who had their <deleted> handed to them so badly last time.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/aug/28/20060828-121650-2378r/?page=all

Any deflection will do.

Funnily enough you can't seem to remove your tongue from their backsides when in their OIC meetings they discuss motions put forward against Israel by the Palestinians.

Your usual off topic deflection from the man who proposed strict guidelines for on topic discussions.

The OIC is the Organisation of Islamic Countries, not the OP Arab League.

Edited by dexterm

The chutzpah of some of these countries calling Hezbollah a terrorist organization is astounding.

Bahrain's record on human rights has been described by Human Rights Watch as "dismal", and having "deteriorated sharply in the latter half of 2010"

Torture and forced disappearances are common in Bahrain.

The very strict regime ruling the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is consistently ranking among the "worst of the worst" in Freedom House's annual survey of political and civil rights.

Torture and other ill-treatment of detainees is common, widespread and generally committed with impunity.

According to the Egyptian Organization for Human Rights, 701 cases of torture at Egyptian police stations have been documented since 1985, with 204 victims dying of torture and mistreatment.[41] The group contends that crimes of torture occur in Egyptian streets in broad daylight, at police checkpoints, and in people's homes in flagrant violation of the people's dignity and freedom.

Of course. How hypocritical can one get. Be careful or he will start demanding that you wallow through thousands of his squalid, untruthful posts to "prove" that he said something, that everyone already knows he said. The funny thing is that he refuses to do it himself.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The chutzpah of some of these countries calling Hezbollah a terrorist organization is astounding.

You never complained about them when they were harassing Israel. Now that the tables have turned, all of a sudden you are up on your soap box accusing them of things that they have been doing all along. Some people might call that two-faced. Edited by Ulysses G.

You never complained about them when they were harassing Israel. Now that the tables have turned, all of a sudden you are up on your soap box accusing them of things that they have been doing all along.
Consistensy is not an issue for the obsessive Israel agenda of hate. Terrorist cheer leading as long as the targets are Jews.

Makes sense, some believe that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is an ancient Arab proverb.

Of course. How hypocritical can one get. Be careful or he will start demanding that you wallow through thousands of his squalid, untruthful posts to "prove" that he said something, that everyone already knows he said. The funny thing is that he refuses to do it himself.

When you make allegations against someone, what all rational people would assume is that you either put up or shut up. You appear to be able to do neither. I'd be embarrassed if I were you.
That fact that you stalk and obsessively address me rather than the issues in the OP demonstrates that the truth of my posts must be hitting a raw nerve with the resident Zionist apologists.

Any deflection will do.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Sunni vs Shiite.

Hezbollah, which is fighting in support of President al-Assad’s forces in Syria, was also recently declared a terrorist group by the monarchies which make up the Gulf Cooperation Council.

I wonder if others can see the irony.

Not that I support the monster dictator Assad either. A pity the Russians didn't leave him to hang out to dry, without leaving a vacuum for the bigger monster ISIS.

Edited by dexterm