Mason Jar Gasket/seal

DPGumbypgh

I was looking for them a few years back but didn't have any luck, plenty of mason jars around town but no spare rubber seals. In the end I just bought new jars. Please do let us know if you manage to find any seals for sale.

Pretty sure they are two a penny back in the US. Order online, send to a friend to mail to Thailand?

Edit: just did an amazon.com search. Loads of them, all sizes from 7 to 10 bucks a pack.

Edited by NanLaew

OK will do. May just have to buy a sheet of rubber and cut them out. I am not even sure if they are standard sizes or if every manufacturer has different ones

I thought of that too, but I was warned that it has to be a special type of rubber suitable for food preservation and pickling. Use any old rubber and you risk poisoning yourself and your family.

If it's those clip-style mason jars, the rubber rings were available in Central Festival six months ago (I bought a couple of packs). In the kitchen department (top floor), if you stand facing the cashier's desk, the seals are on a shelf just to your left with the various glass jars.