3 shot when police stop turns into gun battle north of Bangkok

webfact

Thailand has no control over crime and the criminals know it.

I think that this is a rare incident and the Thai police may take offence at your statement.

They usually have complete control over crime.

a rare incident ???? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think that this is a rare incident and the Thai police may take offence at your statement.

I suggest you read the news more often. Shoot outs happen regularly as does murders.

I'd suggest you read post #14

No offense, but you have GOT to be a "newby" with a statement like that. whistling.gif

I think he meant complete control OF crime

No offense, but you have GOT to be a "newby" with a statement like that. whistling.gif

I think he meant complete control OF crime

Ah. Thank you.

I assumed it was a clever tongue in cheek response ... I particularly liked the bit about "control over crime"

If you wonder why the crime limit is low in Thailand and why people avoid confrontation, then watch the video of this man being pulled over a wall, dragged through a crowd of on lookers and shoved in a car. Clearly anyone viewing this would think twice before committing a crime in Thailand.

Now he's got prison for the rest of his life, makes you think, If only this hard line approach could be copied and used in western countries, you'd see over night how the crime rate would drop.

Aren't rates of gun crime and murder extremely high here, more so than western countries?

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/02/thailand-gun-crime/

Maybe there is some wisdom in the comment the police have control. Some of their ex colleagues run the rackets and kick up for protection. Maybe not complete control but a fair measure is plausible.

Edited by nie1jag

If you wonder why the crime limit is low in Thailand and why people avoid confrontation, then watch the video of this man being pulled over a wall, dragged through a crowd of on lookers and shoved in a car. Clearly anyone viewing this would think twice before committing a crime in Thailand.

Now he's got prison for the rest of his life, makes you think, If only this hard line approach could be copied and used in western countries, you'd see over night how the crime rate would drop.

Are you in the same Thailand as me? Low crime in Thailand are you joking?

Love your sense of humour clap2.gif

Lightens my reading for the day - kob khun krup wai.gif

andrew55 post # 8

Indeed very true as shown by the recent transfer of over 100 police personnel for their questionable practices and friendships with certain types of people hence those police personnel being moved to inactive posts.

Think about what you wrote. Was it,sarcasm or is it blissful ignorance as to the real state of affairs?whistling.gif

It was in fact sarcasm. A low form of wit. I still believe that the Thai police have control over crime. Unless they tender control to the Russians in a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Sarcasm... Thank goodness, I was starting to think you were blind, deaf and dumb.

andrew55 post # 8

Indeed very true as shown by the recent transfer of over 100 police personnel for their questionable practices and friendships with certain types of people hence those police personnel being moved to inactive posts.

Think about what you wrote. Was it,sarcasm or is it blissful ignorance as to the real state of affairs?whistling.gif

It was in fact sarcasm. A low form of wit. I still believe that the Thai police have control over crime. Unless they tender control to the Russians in a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Sarcasm... Thank goodness, I was starting to think you were blind, deaf and dumb.

I'm often blind.

My sweetheart reckons I'm deaf.

But SILENT? Only until I can get my foot out of my mouth and waffle on again... My imaginary water buffalo friend (Binker) is a great listener and thankfully too young to be able to share my baggie of rice whisky.

this happens quite often in thailand, it's just that english news don't post all the crimes like in the thai news.