So what do the chinese tell their friends....

Nasrullah

Lets have a closer look at our chinese counterparts....

With all the bad news and violence hitting the news,the chinese have not been immune to this trend.Now we've all seen those
tour buses filled with middle class/approaching middle class chinese....And yes,they don't seem to roam the streets like us'
white skin beaver bandits.

So what brings these curious 'rounder eye' asians to pattaya!...Their 1st real holiday?....The shiny brochures?...The beaches?..
This is not my real Q though.I'm sure it's a combo of all 3 and a few more!

So after viewing most of pattaya from a bus window.....what do they tell their friends back in china?

I think it goes something like this:

1.........ohh....many many lady go hotel for sex with man
2..........street very dirty(maybe same lady:giggle: )
3...........beach cannot swim..
4..........thai people not like china people
5...........everybody want take money too much
6..........not want to go outside night time.....i scared

My guess is most chinese will return home and most will never return...most to will tell friends not to bother!

Now before you start posting but they keep coming don't they......remember china's population and it's ever increasing middle class.

There is so many of them most are 1st timers,who to me will not return anytime soon!

I have first hand experience of the Chinese in China....

Most of them here in the busses are not so middle class as you might think. Mostly working class...

Many of them are in groups sent by employers as a bonus / treat.

Or they are from the same community/town and got a really cheap full package deal i.e. really cheap if 300 + go on the trip.

They are not going to spend much as the Chinese are restricted to how much money thay can take out with them.

I have spoken to some that speak English , they all thought and still think Thailand is a poor and small country. They base this on seeing so many street vendors and and how unclean most of it is.

Not all are trapped in the busses. I see many small groups going around on their own in Jomtien. They seem to like those caffeine drinks from the 7/11's... and will just walk around looking at most of the tourist tat on sale.

Some groups are from Taiwan, they have money to spend and you see them in Central and in restaurants.

On the whole, if it were not for the problem with so many coaches on the poor standard roads with poor standard drivers, I doubt if the majority of us Westerners are really bothered by them, unless you are at the back of a Buffet queue that is........

The locals on the other hand see that the average Thai makes no money from them. They are all taken to pre-paid venues that are owned by......well not the average Thai I can safely say.......

Somehow I don't think they go home and rave about how fantastic it is here......would you after 2 weeks on a coach ?

Coming from a pattaya diehard it may seem so?......but we could hear some constructive views possibly!

Based on your comments I am guessing you have never been to China or talked to any mainland Chinese?

If not then have to agree with JSixpack

they come once, and they will never come back.

Once i asked russian people, why they do go to pattaya. their answer was ... amazing.

The russian told me in their country, at the travel agency, they advertise pattaya like a tropical paradise

with blue lagoon and dolphins, white sand, beautiful architecture...

When they land here, i can imagine the shock ...laugh.png

I suspect it is the fact they have been 'abroad' that is the main 'trophy', given I suppose 90 out of 100 Chinese never fly or go to another country. (Just a guess on numbers).

They are hardly going to tell their friends they had a lousy time, particularly with all those photo's on the I phone to show them/

.what do they tell their friends back in china?

5...........everybody want take money too much

facepalm.gif

Is that really how you "think it goes"?

I would think that their friends back in China speak Mandarin (or a dialect thereof) just like they do. Why would they be speaking in broken English or broken Mandarin?

That you wrote this in broken English is quite telling. Of what I'm not entirely sure.

.what do they tell their friends back in china?

5...........everybody want take money too muchou are sure

facepalm.gif

Is that really how you "think it goes"?

I would think that their friends back in China speak Mandarin (or a dialect thereof) just like they do. Why would they be speaking in broken English or broken Mandarin?

That you wrote this in broken English is quite telling. Of what I'm not entirely sure.

just so you are sure........I was only injecting a little humour into their back home conversations......a little thainess if you willbiggrin.png

seriously .....some of you on here need to lighten up......isn't political correctness the reason why a lot leave their homelands....

ohh sorry.....some are that old they left in the 80's..... when there was no political correctness......wub.png

they come once, and they will never come back.

Once i asked russian people, why they do go to pattaya. their answer was ... amazing.

The russian told me in their country, at the travel agency, they advertise pattaya like a tropical paradise

with blue lagoon and dolphins, white sand, beautiful architecture...

When they land here, i can imagine the shock ...laugh.png

And when the Russians first started coming here, many resident experts suggested that just like the OP's learned observations on the Chinese, they would be 'one hit wonders'.

The only ones shocked down on Jomtien these days are those that thought the Russians were going to be a flash in the pan. If they haven't started already, I would assert that the returning Chinese visitors WITH MONEY, will create their own little enclave somewhere. Maybe replace the dwindling and aging German community in Wong Amat before the Koreans can? Whole condo's full of 'em.

Have never been to Beijing ,but have heard Pattaya is paradise in comparison . Loads of Chinese tourists up here in Chiang mai .They walk around in groups or in twos and look happy with themselves ,and where they are .

The Chinese live inside their own bubble, I doubt they will think too much , just enjoy the holiday before they need to get back to the factory job that starts 5 am in the morning.

They don't buy much shit on the streets here since most of the crap is from China anyway. And it's way cheaper to buy in their hometown in China or go to Hong Kong, especially the USB cables and other electronic tat which seem to be about 3x price of what it costs in HK and China.

They are mostly not middle class, but factory workers and lower paid people or from the villages where their kids have bought them a holiday tour as a present so they can experience going abroad for the first time in their life. The middle classes with a bit of money will go on tours to Japan, Korea and Europe. They might visit Thailand also but not on a tour bus.

Pattaya is dirty but much cleaner than most rural places in China. They won't go back and say how dirty it is.

Chinese people like eating so they will be happy with all the Thai food and snacks and durian is much cheaper here. They will spend more on food in Tescos and 7/11 than fake t-shirts and shoes which they can buy at home.

Because they're not into getting smashed, finding a bird and going short time as much as us Westerners might do, they like taking pics of temples and bhudda statues and things that are local to Thailand. All in all, they have a nice experience of Thailand and most will come back again, to BKK, Chang Mai or the Islands, even if they only do Pattaya once.

And how do I know this? Because my parents are from HK and some relatives from China and they told me this!

Archived