THE England thread

rijit

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I see the pack are hungry

The point BB was itching to make is that the only Spurs player he would even consider at City is Eriksen.?

It was better to take the p*ss rather than bite though!!?

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A good way to judge the quality of this England team. Consider how many of them you'd actually want playing for your own team. Not that many I reckon.

Or consider that if Mane was English he would be getting more hype than any of the English youngsters, yet he fails to make their squad. 

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Or consider that if Mane was English he would be getting more hype than any of the English youngsters, yet he fails to make their squad. 

Do you mean Leroy Sane?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

LMAO yes of course you wouldn't want Alli or Kane.

Sure thing. :thumbsup:

We've been through this before about Kane and Alli; not a huge fan of either, particularly Alli.

I'm more than happy with Jesus and Aguero as a strikers.

Who would Alli replace in City's squad - exactly!

Stated i would like Pope as he would improve us; we could use him as back-up goalie to Ederson instead as Bravo.

Just now, Kadilo said:

Oops yes Sane

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes that was an unbelievable omission.  Mind you, his reaction to the news was first rate....rather than bitch about it he simply said he would get his head down and work harder.  That wasn't the only controversial omission from the German squad

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Theres no English player that would get in the City side because they're the best team ever in the history of football.  ?

Reread my original post rather than make it up. And while youre at it why not give your opinion rather than doing your best Statler and Waldorf impression.

38 minutes ago, carmine said:

The point BB was itching to make is that the only Spurs player he would even consider at City is Eriksen.?

It was better to take the p*ss rather than bite though!!?

That was not the point I was making - reread my post.

I am as stated previously an admirer of Eriksen.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We've been through this before about Kane and Alli; not a huge fan of either, particularly Alli.

I'm more than happy with Jesus and Aguero as a strikers.

Who would Alli replace in City's squad - exactly!

Stated i would like Pope as he would improve us; we could use him as back-up goalie to Ederson instead as Bravo.

He can replace Toure obviously!

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I think they will. A lot of players in this team capable and hungry. Kane, alli, sterling, wellbeck (in an England shirt) vardy and lingard and my pick of the bunch for this tournament is rashford. I reckon the lad is gonna explode on the WC. A lot of lads there with goals in them and most are so young. Exciting team. 

We are wasteful in front of goal.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A good way to judge the quality of this England team. Consider how many of them you'd actually want playing for your own team. Not that many I reckon.

I imagine there would be quite a few, perhaps not Man City, or Real Madrid, but these sides take the absolute best.  Even so 3 of the players actually do play for Man City.

22 hours ago, alfieconn said:

That's a reason to play Rashford instead of Sterling.

Yes, it's also more about squad than starting 11 these days- hopefully, it won't be either/or.

Best not to carried away, but England are a different entity from the rather sorry band that went to Brazil.

Predictably the English press has started already......we just beat the mighty Costa Rica and yes, here it comes...."should we be starting to get excited!!"  I think it was that sooner imbecile John Cross but not sure.

And by presumably by the beginning on july the entire squad and manager will get a right royal slagging off!

• Like 1

Some good performances last night from the “possibles” 

hard to not start Rashford after that performance 

Rose look comfortable at left back and must be knocking on the door for a start. 

Arnold is an old head on young shoulders and adds something at set pieces

Henderson had a good game

Vardy didn’t do enough to warrant a place

Jones confirmed he is a donkey and was lucky to get in the squad. Some great interchanges broken up by him going backwards and getting caught in possession 

interesting choices for Southgate to ponder. 

Edited by Kadilo

I am neutral here but I think you should start with Rashford in every group stage game, he seem to be ready and not afraid of the ball , unlike Sterling.
Sterling will probably do something silly . So Rashford and Kane for me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, balo said:

I am neutral here but I think you should start with Rashford in every group stage game, he seem to be ready and not afraid of the ball , unlike Sterling.
Sterling will probably do something silly . So Rashford and Kane for me.

Neither Sterling or Rashford score enough goals to warrant being picked as a main striker.  They are both very good players in other respects, but to be a striker you have to finish.  Welbeck does score!

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It isn't if you think about it, because Rashford is no goal machine. He's very good in other respects though.

Where did i say he was ?  i was replying to your post "We are wasteful in front of goal" of which Sterling is the main culprit !

24 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Where did i say he was ?  i was replying to your post "We are wasteful in front of goal" of which Sterling is the main culprit !

But why would you replace him with someone else who doesn't score much?  It's not logical really.

I do think both are very talented in other respects.  But if we look at it clearly, Vardy and Welbeck score more.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

But why would you replace him with someone else who doesn't score much?  It's not logical really.

I do think both are very talented in other respects.  But if we look at it clearly, Vardy and Welbeck score more.

Ok , i will try and make it easy for you !! It's not just a matter of playing someone who scores the most playing alongside Kane, it's someone who fits in the system of play and can play around Kane, at the moment the two who do that are Sterling and Rashford, i prefer Rashford plus he is more clinical than Sterling, incidently his scoring ratio of goals per games for England is twice that of Sterling !

Glen Hoddle is of the same opinion :

The former Three Lions manager believes Gareth Southgate should be putting his trust in a Red Devils forward rather than an in-form Blues star

16 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Ok , i will try and make it easy for you !! It's not just a matter of playing someone who scores the most playing alongside Kane, it's someone who fits in the system of play and can play around Kane, at the moment the two who do that are Sterling and Rashford, i prefer Rashford plus he is more clinical than Sterling, incidently his scoring ratio of goals per games for England is twice that of Sterling !

Glen Hoddle is of the same opinion :

The former Three Lions manager believes Gareth Southgate should be putting his trust in a Red Devils forward rather than an in-form Blues star

That's altogether better reasoning- pity it has to be laced with irony?.  For me, I would prefer Wellbeck there as he is quite capable of fitting in, scores goals for England, and runs tirelessly and to good effect..  I would prefer to play Sterling as an attacking midfielder.  Rashford merits a place as impact sub imo.  

One very good aspect of this team is the versatility of a number of players.

I guess everyone has their own preference.

If you're  going to play Sterling in his best position it has to be wide right. Don't  play Sterling  if it's  just goals you  want from him as he's  not a natural  goalscorer, he will though  chip in with goals. Play him right and he's a bugger for right backs to play against , and will create  chances.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If you're  going to play Sterling in his best position it has to be wide right. Don't  play Sterling  if it's  just goals you  want from him as he's  not a natural  goalscorer, he will though  chip in with goals. Play him right and he's a bugger for right backs to play against , and will create  chances.

Well he hasn't recently for England has he ? what is it 20 games he hasn't scored for ?