Muslim Guests

tigerbeer

There is a small Muslim community plus a Mosque off the first Soi as you go into The night Bizzare...(left turn)..although you can't do a left turn..so it would be the last RIGT turn from the other side...sorryI am useless with street names but someone else will know what roads I mean.

There are also plenty of Rotti stalls in Assunan Market..and I am sure I have seen a Halal restuarant a few doors along from O'Mally's...sorry if this sounds a bit of a vague response ..but its the best I can do.

There is a small Muslim community plus a Mosque off the first Soi as you go into The night Bizzare...(left turn)..although you can't do a left turn..so it would be the last RIGT turn from the other side...sorryI am useless with street names but someone else will know what roads I mean.

There are also plenty of Rotti stalls in Assunan Market..and I am sure I have seen a Halal restuarant a few doors along from O'Mally's...sorry if this sounds a bit of a vague response ..but its the best I can do.

If your visitors want to see the Night Bizarre, there is a Muslim stall inside selling chicken kebabs & biriyani, goat curry (sometimes), chicken & yellow rice etc., plus an Indian-veg option stall.

The soi mentioned by Thai Pauly runs down the side of the orange colored sports store on Chang Klan. i am not sure how many of the halal places there are open for dinner, but Sophia - which doubles as a laundry - has some good spicy breakfast dishes. Also sells goat milk. Restaurants on the same side as the mosque do kao sawy and a smallish selection of other Muslim favorites. Prices are cheap and places are clean but basic.

There is a small Muslim community plus a Mosque off the first Soi as you go into The night Bizzare...(left turn)..although you can't do a left turn..so it would be the last RIGT turn from the other side...

Just to help out a little if you are working with this, it would NOT be the last right turn from the other side, but rather the last left turn (since you would be coming from the opposite direction, approaching the other end of the street). I know all the streets in question well, since I lived for three weeks recently in a guesthouse located about 100 meters away.

I am fairly sure Le Spice restaurant is Halal. They serve Indian and Thai food and it is exceptionally good.

It is located off the night bazaar on Charoenpratet Soi 6 which is the soi on the south side of the new Galare Centre.

Their telephone number is 053 234 983 so you can check that it is Halal.

Good luck and enjoy your meail

Edited by miltonbentley

Also there's a couple of options on Chang Klan road, South of the Night Bazar towards (and past) Chiang Mai land. There's a fairly new place that's rather interesting, it's roughly where the Park hotel is but on the other side.

3 samosas for 10 baht... Can't beat that for a snack.. :o

But the restaurant is new, and I've been there at times when they didn't have particular things. (Looking for roti & curry, which they didn't have at that time).

Cheers,

Chanchao

Also there's a couple of options on Chang Klan road, South of the Night Bazar towards (and past) Chiang Mai land. There's a fairly new place that's rather interesting, it's roughly where the Park hotel is but on the other side.

3 samosas for 10 baht... Can't beat that for a snack.. :o

But the restaurant is new, and I've been there at times when they didn't have particular things. (Looking for roti & curry, which they didn't have at that time).

Cheers,

Chanchao

have to check out this place. love samosas.

fruitbatt yes thats where we ended up last night. it was packed !!. Galare does look a lot nicer now. with the thousands or so hashers around CMI, they were all minting money last night. would have been a lot more last week. the indian stall didn't have very good food. chicken curry with chicken all mashed up. palak paneer tasteless. nan crispy like papadums. the muslim food was good though. chicken kebab was really good.

Milton we did pass by that new restaurant on the way to parking the car at galare. looks like a nice place to dine. was packed up but it also had a sign "seafood" and my guest said he didn't want any seafood without me asking. so will check it out with missus at another time. :D

Thaipauly yes its on the last left and there is a big mosque there. there is another small place called Dehli Darba or something like that. has anyone been there?

everyone thanks for the input.

Hi TigerBeer,

sounds like the NB is rocketing, and even before the official opening!

the Delhi Dharba (sp?) is an offshoot of the Royal India on Charoen Prathet. Same food and prices. I prefer the India, but have not been there for a couple of months following the only attack of food poisoning we have ever had in CM. (The fish?). Have always enjoyed the vegetarian :o thalis at R. India, and will go back in high season with guests.

//posts deleted - English language please except for the Thai language forum - tywais//

Bugger......No fun anymore. Grumpy old mods!!

English is my 2nd language but I'm working on it. Do we have to use Thai on the Thai language forum? Or can we use any other language that appeals at the time?

Edited by Blinky Bill

I second that emotion!

English is my 2nd language but I'm working on it.

Bravo! Although I confess I thought it was further down your list than that, I applaud your attempt. I am sure that all the effort you are putting into it will in good time pay off. Keep up the good work. :o

I second that emotion!

English is my 2nd language but I'm working on it.

Bravo! Although I confess I thought it was further down your list than that, I applaud your attempt. I am sure that all the effort you are putting into it will in good time pay off. Keep up the good work. :o

Thanks Rass, I am walking on it.