David Cameron admits to profiting from father's offshore funds

webfact

David Cameron admits to profiting from father's offshore funds

606x340_329380.jpg?1460058156

LONDON: -- The British Prime Minister has admitted to having a stake in his father’s offshore fund. David Cameron said he owned a stake in the the Blairmore investment fund and sold it off for 31,500 pounds (38940 euros) in 2010 before becoming prime minister.

He added that he paid income tax on the dividends but no capital gains tax.

The admission came in an interview with Britain’s ITV broadcaster in the wake of a massive leak of documents from Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca. Cameron’s late father, Ian, was among tens of thousands of people named in the papers detailing how the rich are able to conceal wealth and avoid taxes.

There are already calls on Twitter for the leader to step down, the question is will he be able to ride out the storm, or suffer a similar fate as the Icelandic prime minister who stepped aside on Wednesday?

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-08

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These so called 'world leaders' are a bunch of crooks & get away with it!

Same as "Puppeteer in Dubai, been a so called fugitive for almost 10 years & could have easily been arrested on many occasions, by successive Gov't & nothing is done!

They're all the same, no matter what country.....bunch of self serving, crooks!!

After numerous personal denials in media briefings and 4 official Government statements denying Cameron or his family benefitted in any way from these offshore tax havens.

Time to tender your resignation, your position is now untenable.

The BBC showed all the comments from No 10 on this subject speaking about now and the future. The past situation was only admitted when cornered.

Just think Cameron is to chair an international meeting on subjects like this, transparency etc next month !

Well if he's still in the job that is.

He should resign now and save the UK from further embarrassment.

Eric Snowden has been providing some interesting input
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/edward-snowden-calls-british-people-7712007

The 'High' Prince of Dyscalculia Osborne, should also go.. His family business (Osborne & Light) has not paid Corp-tax in over 8 years, despite making huge profit, and paying dividends.. Osborne is also guilty of profiting over a property deal with an offshore, where he took a share of £6,000,000 where tax was "avoided".
Here in this video he is promoting tax avoidance.

All the while cutting benefits for the disabled, and those most in need!

He is responsible for the worst current account deficient in history!
Remember how he was going to pay off the UK's debt, with a tax on Gregg's warm pasties, instead he has tripled borrowing, and destroyed productivity!

There's more to come on this story, would you buy a second hand car from this muppet.

Sure there is

Channel 4 News reported that Ian Cameron was a director of Jersey-based Close International Equity Growth Fund and held 6,000 of its shares. His assets were reportedly left to his family following his death in 2010.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/panama-papers-david-cameron-faces-questions-over-fathers-off-shore-fund-in-jersey-a6971891.html

This is only the beginning.

You can't make it up can you.

I heard his interview where he said "I have a salary, some savings and a house we rent out whilst living in No. 10"

Sounds almost like an ex-pat living here and counting the pennies. He's a millionaire, simple as that.

After numerous personal denials in media briefings and 4 official Government statements denying Cameron or his family benefitted in any way from these offshore tax havens.

Does anybody really dream of such a thing as an honest politician and the democratic principle isn't to seek the least corrupt of all that are running for some reason?

Has he done anything illegal? I avoid paying any more tax than is due. Do other posters on here offer to pay more than is required? If you wish to moan about anything moan about tax laws not people legally abiding by them.

Has he done anything illegal? I avoid paying any more tax than is due. Do other posters on here offer to pay more than is required? If you wish to moan about anything moan about tax laws not people legally abiding by them.

Whilst not illegal, screaming hypocrisy isn't particularly pleasant from someone claiming that "we're all in this together", got to make cuts to services etc etc. He can no longer make any arguments in this area based on a supposed moral basis. He's been outed as an entitled, smug hypocrite who was sure he would never be outed for what he so clearly is..

Whilst not illegal, screaming hypocrisy isn't particularly pleasant from someone claiming that "we're all in this together", got to make cuts to services etc etc. He can no longer make any arguments in this area based on a supposed moral basis. He's been outed as an entitled, smug hypocrite who was sure he would never be outed for what he so clearly is..

I believe his "screaming" is about tax evasion which is illegal. I don't expect to be fined by the police for doing 55 on a 60 limit road. If they change the limit to 40 I have the option to continue doing 50 and get fined or staying below 40.

It is not about legally avoiding tax.

It is about lies and misinformation.

It is not about legally avoiding tax.

It is about lies and misinformation.

Yep, political spin etc. Don't know which "news reports" you read, personally I read most with a view to the publishers agenda. I seem to recall (could be wrong) that he was asked about his current tax situation to which he replied. As usual because that didn't produce a scandal they are now going back 6 years and poking a "story" to rouse anger. I am still waiting for the evidence that he broke the law. I am not particularly wealthy, more than some, less than others. The laws do seem skewed towards the wealthy and that is where any anger should be focused. I am sure a lot of the angry people are more than happy to worship their Premier league football hero who is paid via an offshore shell company to avoid tax.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/edward-snowden-calls-british-people-7712007

The 'High' Prince of Dyscalculia Osborne, should also go.. His family business (Osborne & Light) has not paid Corp-tax in over 8 years, despite making huge profit, and paying dividends.. Osborne is also guilty of profiting over a property deal with an offshore, where he took a share of £6,000,000 where tax was "avoided".

Remember how he was going to pay off the UK's debt, with a tax on Gregg's warm pasties, instead he has tripled borrowing, and destroyed productivity!

Ah, thank goodness for that shining beacon of truth and integrity, the Daily Mirror.

I see this is sandwiched between other important news stories like ladies' fashion choices at Aintree racecourse and a woman spooked by a ghost (yes, they have them in the UK too).

Not sure who Eric Snowden is, but that Edward Snowden bloke seems to be getting a bit confused about what he's trying to defend. I thought he was in favour of people's right to privacy?

Ah, thank goodness for that shining beacon of truth and integrity, the Daily Mirror.

I see this is sandwiched between other important news stories like ladies' fashion choices at Aintree racecourse and a woman spooked by a ghost (yes, they have them in the UK too).

Not sure who Eric Snowden is, but that Edward Snowden bloke seems to be getting a bit confused about what he's trying to defend. I thought he was in favour of people's right to privacy?

You are coming across a bit cheesie fella

You are coming across a bit cheesie fella

Do you just generally dislike people with more money than you? I would have to dislike an awfull lot of people if that was the case. House adverts pop up on here, 10 mil for a two bedroom. Out of my league. Should I resent people who have that much? Be a sad existance if that was all I had to do in my life.

For British posters who are upset here is the phone number for HMRC, feel free to contact them and ask to pay more tax. Top your phone up before you do because you will have to listen to 10 minutes of music first.

+441355359022

Does anybody really dream of such a thing as an honest politician and the democratic principle isn't to seek the least corrupt of all that are running for some reason?

shadow chancellor john mcdonnell published his own tax returns a few weeks ago. he's been totally up front and honest about it: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/31/john-mcdonnell-publishes-tax-return-challenges-george-osborne

cameron pledged to do the same about 1,500 days ago. still hasn't. you can't trust tories, they're all bent. but even in spite of the war criminal blair there are still some honest labour politicians who want the best for the country and the people at large and not just for their rich mates.

Do you just generally dislike people with more money than you? I would have to dislike an awfull lot of people if that was the case. House adverts pop up on here, 10 mil for a two bedroom. Out of my league. Should I resent people who have that much? Be a sad existance if that was all I had to do in my life.

No AlanRchase, I've nothing against folk with money - as well you may know, many of my friends are incredibly wealthy. Good luck to them. In fact I wish we all had a bit more money. Your remark appears somewhat of the blue as I've never mentioned anything about anyone's wealth.

What I do dislike is the uneven playing field, and the greed. where organisations are allowed to free-load off of society,.

When you have organisations that rely on the state for their own benefit and then they refuse to pay their fare share of tax it is morally repugnant.

Organisations making use of social benefits (Roads, Schools, Hospitals, Law, Governments, etc) that depend on the use of the labour of wealth creating workers. who were educated by the state, cared for by state hospitals, and often subsidised by the state. These people are exploited companies and organisations that then refuse to contribute to the state. Its morally unjustifiably, what ever the semantics of "avoidance" or "evasion" you want to chose.
The organisations depend on the banking systems we bailed out - on the research and development that we fund - and the law and order system we pay for, but are too greedy to contribute towards it!

I hope this clears things up for you.

No AlanRchase, I've nothing against folk with money - as well you may know, many of my friends are incredibly wealthy. Good luck to them. In fact I wish we all had a bit more money. Your remark appears somewhat of the blue as I've never mentioned anything about anyone's wealth.

What I do dislike is the uneven playing field, and the greed. where organisations are allowed to free-load off of society,.

When you have organisations that rely on the state for their own benefit and then they refuse to pay their fare share of tax it is morally repugnant.

Organisations making use of social benefits (Roads, Schools, Hospitals, Law, Governments, etc) that depend on the use of the labour of wealth creating workers. who were educated by the state, cared for by state hospitals, and often subsidised by the state. These people are exploited companies and organisations that then refuse to contribute to the state. Its morally unjustifiably, what ever the semantics of "avoidance" or "evasion" you want to chose.

The organisations depend on the banking systems we bailed out - on the research and development that we fund - and the law and order system we pay for, but are too greedy to contribute towards it!

I hope this clears things up for you.

I do apologise. Have no idea who your friends are, why would I and why do you think I should know?

For British posters who are upset here is the phone number for HMRC, feel free to contact them and ask to pay more tax. Top your phone up before you do because you will have to listen to 10 minutes of music first.

+441355359022

That's a bit puerile and childish, don't you think?

Cameron bleating on and on about tax "avoidance" then, after 5 attempts, it comes to light that is exactly what he, and his family were up to doesn't mean everyone else wants to pay more tax -does it.

I think the British public would like to see an end to tax abuse in all its forms! Whether it's through Tax "Avoidance" or Tax "Evasion"!

It is an abuse on society. Its not like it is a victimless crime!

I think the British public would like to see an honest and transparent Prime-minster, instead of one that is nothing more than a snollygoster, who lies and withholds the truth!

Edited by MrTee

+441355359022

That's a bit puerile and childish, don't you think?

Cameron bleating on and on about tax "avoidance" then, after 5 attempts, it comes to light that is exactly what he, and his family were up to doesn't mean everyone else wants to pay more tax -does it.

I think the British public would like to see an end to tax abuse in all its forms! Whether it's through Tax "Avoidance" or Tax "Evasion"!

It is an abuse on society. Its not like it is a victimless crime!

I think the British public would like to see an honest and transparent Prime-minster, instead of one that is nothing more than a snollygoster, who lies and withholds the truth!

Totally agree. Dream on. Even Mr. Corbin when initially asked if he would release his tax details did not simply reply "Yes". When you can prove an illegal activity has taken place I will show some interest. Smoke, mirrors and agendas from all sides. Actuall news very rarely exists these days.